Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Rekinom posted:

both of those are torture tbqh

At least you've got the illusion of fun on the airlift side (until the reality of TACC slaps you in the face) but yeah you're right, let's just agree that everything in AMC sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that was kind of my point though

amc is loving piss garbage

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Rekinom posted:

both of those are torture tbqh

Yeah but with one you're paying extra.

Edit: Oh you were probably talking about CAF/AETC, not tankers/hookers.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

A Kpro posted:

We had a guy here get a DUI in tech school. They busted him down to E-1 before we got him, then he hit E-2 right as a slot opened up in Germany for an E-2. He leaves after being here for a year, then gets a DUI in Germany. Like how in the gently caress do you blow a three year assignment to Germany?

I dunno man, it sounds like he's enjoying the hell out of Germany. He's just too stupid to figure out how to get on those strange giant metal snakes that keep zipping all around town after he gets poo poo hammered on Bitberger and gets his hundred euro handie in the red light.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Well they kicked him out so he can enjoy the fine area of Oregon now.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Confirmed, ISIS is the best thing to happen to the Air Force since 9/11. Not only are we finding a reason not to retire the A-10s, but we actually loving used an F-22 to kill someone who isn't an F-22 pilot. Madness. Cats and dogs living together.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Any of you homos at Robins?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Are there any good bars in Wichita Falls?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I hear the culvert under U.S. 277 is popular.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

WrightOfWay posted:

Applebees.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Iron Horse (I think that's what it's called...something horse, anyway) downtown isn't terrible. Missile Club is a pretty decent hole in the wall joint, and it's right off base. The Sheppard Club actually isn't terrible, particularly if you go there on Friday night, and unless you really got screwed with billeting (I'm assuming you're TDY) wherever you're staying should be within walking distance of the Club.

Outskirts is a hilarious honky-tonk, and speaking of country bars there's also Denim and Diamonds, but it's just depressing whereas Outskirts is so ridiculous it comes back around to being funny.

Uh, other than that there's the 18 and older karaoke place where all the tech schoolers hang out, the dance club on the south side of town where all the tech schoolers hang out, and Maximus.

Believe it or not Wichita Falls actually has some decent restaurants though, if you want I can email you a list.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Wichita Falls was off-limits for our guys at Tinker.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Godholio posted:

Wichita Falls was off-limits for our guys at Tinker.

Your command knew there was a base there right

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yep. There was one exception to the rule. I actually had to go there, and I'm drawing a blank on why. Whatever it was (altitude chamber?) it was always scheduled in groups so you were effectively babysat.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Godholio posted:

Yep. There was one exception to the rule. I actually had to go there, and I'm drawing a blank on why. Whatever it was (altitude chamber?) it was always scheduled in groups so you were effectively babysat.

I knew AWACS was dumb as hell but gently caress man. Putting entire cities (and I use the term loosely) that contain an airbase off-limits is p monumentally stupid and gay

Not that anyone would voluntarily go to Wichita Falls

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I don't remember details, but I remember there was a series of problems. Like you said nobody would go there...but if someone WAS gonna go there it was for bad reasons. I'm sure it was a string of drug/DUI problems. This was in like 2009 and I didn't really care so I'm hazy on details but I think it was all the students (there's a TRS and a flying training sq, so lots of idiot students) and maybe associated with E-3s and below, something like that.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

WrightOfWay posted:

For people that aren't in tech school?

Dallas.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Wichita Falls is about the same size as my hometown, except somebody gets murdered there every other week.

Is that go kart place still there?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Casimir Radon posted:

Wichita Falls is about the same size as my hometown, except somebody gets murdered there every other week.

Is that go kart place still there?

It was when I was there Spring of last year.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Yay Hurlburt. Thank God I'm out of Alabama. I've already been told to hit McGuire's in Destin for a steak. Anything else I should know?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

There's a decent Irish bar too. Don't bother driving to Panama City Beach...if it's not spring break that town is a complete dump, if it IS spring break that town is a complete dump and you're already the creepy old guy.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Shalhavet posted:

Yay Hurlburt. Thank God I'm out of Alabama. I've already been told to hit McGuire's in Destin for a steak. Anything else I should know?

The Florida Panhandle is referred to as LA.

Lower Alabama...

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
So far Hurlburt is less depressing than Maxwell-Gunter, and they have a buffet.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That area is much better than the rest of the panhandle. That there's money out there helps quite a bit.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Shalhavet posted:

Like Godholio said McGuire's is a decent Irish bar as well, make sure you get something to drink there in addition to the steak. I recommend an Irish Wake.

Hit up Helen Back for pizza, Buffalo's Reef in FWB has pretty good wings.

If you're into museums the AF Armament Museum is at Eglin and is a good way to spend an afternoon, and make sure you get over to Pensacola sometime to go to the Naval Aviation Museum...it's right up there with the Air & Space Museum and the USAF Museum at Wright-Pat for best aviation museum in the country.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

For PCola, check out Fisherman's Corner, Five Sisters, Atlas, and Fish House. If you're feeling a bit trashy, try Flouder's or Flora-Bama.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
If you enjoy the outdoors (particularly boating, fishing, etc.), playing sports year round, seafood, barbecue, and the like, you'll love the area. If you want urban night life, you're SOL.

Concur on avoiding Panama City. Do make a few trips to Tallahassee, though. Plenty to do in addition to Nole games.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Dive the Oriskanny.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Derek Dominoe posted:

If you enjoy the outdoors (particularly boating, fishing, etc.), playing sports year round, seafood, barbecue, and the like, you'll love the area. If you want urban night life, you're SOL.

Concur on avoiding Panama City. Do make a few trips to Tallahassee, though. Plenty to do in addition to Nole games.

There is only two things to do in Tallahassee. Go to Nole games and gently caress smokin co-eds.

Which makes it the best thing going in this poo poo hole state.

Edit:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Genocide Tendency posted:

There is only two things to do in Tallahassee. Go to Nole games and gently caress smokin co-eds.

Which makes it the best thing going in this poo poo hole state.

Edit:

A frat loves my tacos so I've been at a frat tailgate for each home game. Not only do I drink for free, I'm coming home with a good chunk of change in my pocket. And titties everywhere.

I asked one of the sorority gals what she paid in dues to be a part of the club. Just shy of 2000 a semester to be in the sorority. They apparently have breakfast/lunch/dinner at the houses, though.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

FSU's campus and surrounding area is a magical place. Its the closest to the Sweden Effect I have found in the US. Amd I have been every loving where in the lower 48.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Genocide Tendency posted:

FSU's campus and surrounding area is a magical place. Its the closest to the Sweden Effect I have found in the US. Amd I have been every loving where in the lower 48.

There really are jaw dropping women around here. It dies off significantly during the summer, but once school starts back up holy poo poo.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Its not just how hot they are. Its the amount.

All over the place. Hence the Sweden Effect.

And lol at anyone setting foot in Tallahassee between June and August.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

iyaayas01 posted:

Like Godholio said McGuire's is a decent Irish bar as well, make sure you get something to drink there in addition to the steak. I recommend an Irish Wake.

Hit up Helen Back for pizza, Buffalo's Reef in FWB has pretty good wings.

If you're into museums the AF Armament Museum is at Eglin and is a good way to spend an afternoon, and make sure you get over to Pensacola sometime to go to the Naval Aviation Museum...it's right up there with the Air & Space Museum and the USAF Museum at Wright-Pat for best aviation museum in the country.

The AF armament museum has an infamous bench :)

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Mr. Nice! posted:

I asked one of the sorority gals what she paid in dues to be a part of the club. Just shy of 2000 a semester to be in the sorority. They apparently have breakfast/lunch/dinner at the houses, though.

Jesus. I paid about $3500/semester for mine, but that included full room and board, as well as all of our social dues. It ended up being significantly cheaper than living and eating on campus.

I did overhear a freshman girl telling her friend how she had to take out extra student loans just to pay for sorority dues. I had no clue it was that bad.

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

That's what you get, you get fork stabbed.
Anyone here familiar with Armed Forces traffic citations? I got a DD 1408 from Security Forces for rolling a stop sign on an AFB, but I'm a civilian/dependent in a personal vehicle and my sponsor is stationed elsewhere. I thought these tickets were only for active duty members, civilians who work on base (because their supervisor might care and reprimand them or add base points) and people breaking base specific rules- everyone else gets an 1805. Maybe that's only Navy bases, I dunno.

The guy also checked a "warning" box at the top instead of just giving me the regular ol' 1408. So is this essentially a warning of a warning that does... nothing?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Pilot to Gunner posted:

Anyone here familiar with Armed Forces traffic citations? I got a DD 1408 from Security Forces for rolling a stop sign on an AFB, but I'm a civilian/dependent in a personal vehicle and my sponsor is stationed elsewhere. I thought these tickets were only for active duty members, civilians who work on base (because their supervisor might care and reprimand them or add base points) and people breaking base specific rules- everyone else gets an 1805. Maybe that's only Navy bases, I dunno.

The guy also checked a "warning" box at the top instead of just giving me the regular ol' 1408. So is this essentially a warning of a warning that does... nothing?

Does that base have a traffic court?

Edit: as far as who gets what it is a base/branch of service dependant thing. I've written 1805's to whoever I wanted to give a magistrate court summons to. Since units didn't seem to care about a 1408 for 45 in a 25 in the housing areas.

That 1408 will probably find its way to your sponsor's Chain of command eventually but probably won't matter.

Flikken fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 30, 2014

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

That's what you get, you get fork stabbed.

Flikken posted:

Does that base have a traffic court?

Edit: as far as who gets what it is a base/branch of service dependant thing. I've written 1805's to whoever I wanted to give a magistrate court summons to. Since units didn't seem to care about a 1408 for 45 in a 25 in the housing areas.

That 1408 will probably find its way to your sponsor's Chain of command eventually but probably won't matter.

Not sure (google is not helping me here). It was Nellis AFB.

The Security Forces dude checked the warning box and circled "see remarks below". In the remarks section he wrote "report this to sponsor". On the back of the ticket he also checked the box labeled "inform your commanding officer, supervisor or sponsor of this violation" AND he drew another little square box with a checkmark in the Special Instructions area then handwrote "Report to sponsor as soon as possible". When he handed this to me he said "Just giving you a warning, report this to your sponsor today!" and literally ran away before I could even look at it or say a word.

So I :byodood: reported it to my sponsor. Response: "If it's a serious citation for one of us the commander might lift a cheek and fart, never heard of a 1408 warning for dependents... uh, don't do that again?".

Thanks for confirming. He knew I was in LE so I wasn't sure if he was doing me a bro solid or if this was standard procedure.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The only time I've seen someone take citations seriously at my office is when some loving Captain rolled the same stop sign 3 loving times in a row, and then everyone had to suffer until that guy's commander PCSed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
the only thing gayer than a regular traffic cop is a military traffic cop jesus christ kill anyone that's security forces, maa, or mp

• Locked thread