Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Pilot to Gunner posted:

Anyone here familiar with Armed Forces traffic citations? I got a DD 1408 from Security Forces for rolling a stop sign on an AFB, but I'm a civilian/dependent in a personal vehicle and my sponsor is stationed elsewhere. I thought these tickets were only for active duty members, civilians who work on base (because their supervisor might care and reprimand them or add base points) and people breaking base specific rules- everyone else gets an 1805. Maybe that's only Navy bases, I dunno.

The guy also checked a "warning" box at the top instead of just giving me the regular ol' 1408. So is this essentially a warning of a warning that does... nothing?

Does that base have a traffic court?

Edit: as far as who gets what it is a base/branch of service dependant thing. I've written 1805's to whoever I wanted to give a magistrate court summons to. Since units didn't seem to care about a 1408 for 45 in a 25 in the housing areas.

That 1408 will probably find its way to your sponsor's Chain of command eventually but probably won't matter.

Flikken fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

krispykremessuck posted:

the only thing gayer than a regular traffic cop is a military traffic cop jesus christ kill anyone that's security forces, maa, or mp

I swear I quit. :(

• Locked thread