Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
So apparently, thanks to what I'm assuming was a GOP Congressman, the relevant section of US Code regarding oaths of enlistment and office was changed in October and it is no longer lawful to affirm either oath; you are now required, by law, to swear and state "so help me god" at the end of the oath.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
SOS wishes the AF a happy birthday:

(This was not voluntary from what I've heard)

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Prop Wash posted:

oh my god how can one person be so unbelievably wrong with just one statement?

My thoughts as well.

Yes please let's go fly in circles over the Middle East in a fart filled tube from the '50s instead of flying two weeks a month on channel missions to East Asia to get hammered and gently caress hookers.

I mean I suppose you could be wronger, but you'd have to try pretty hard...I dunno, something like "The CAF is stupid and pointless, I just love AETC so much."

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Rekinom posted:

both of those are torture tbqh

At least you've got the illusion of fun on the airlift side (until the reality of TACC slaps you in the face) but yeah you're right, let's just agree that everything in AMC sucks

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Iron Horse (I think that's what it's called...something horse, anyway) downtown isn't terrible. Missile Club is a pretty decent hole in the wall joint, and it's right off base. The Sheppard Club actually isn't terrible, particularly if you go there on Friday night, and unless you really got screwed with billeting (I'm assuming you're TDY) wherever you're staying should be within walking distance of the Club.

Outskirts is a hilarious honky-tonk, and speaking of country bars there's also Denim and Diamonds, but it's just depressing whereas Outskirts is so ridiculous it comes back around to being funny.

Uh, other than that there's the 18 and older karaoke place where all the tech schoolers hang out, the dance club on the south side of town where all the tech schoolers hang out, and Maximus.

Believe it or not Wichita Falls actually has some decent restaurants though, if you want I can email you a list.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Casimir Radon posted:

Wichita Falls is about the same size as my hometown, except somebody gets murdered there every other week.

Is that go kart place still there?

It was when I was there Spring of last year.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Shalhavet posted:

Yay Hurlburt. Thank God I'm out of Alabama. I've already been told to hit McGuire's in Destin for a steak. Anything else I should know?

Like Godholio said McGuire's is a decent Irish bar as well, make sure you get something to drink there in addition to the steak. I recommend an Irish Wake.

Hit up Helen Back for pizza, Buffalo's Reef in FWB has pretty good wings.

If you're into museums the AF Armament Museum is at Eglin and is a good way to spend an afternoon, and make sure you get over to Pensacola sometime to go to the Naval Aviation Museum...it's right up there with the Air & Space Museum and the USAF Museum at Wright-Pat for best aviation museum in the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

xaarman posted:

The AF armament museum has an infamous bench :)

lol I completely forgot about that

• Locked thread