Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weird Uncle Dave
Sep 2, 2003

I could do this all day.

Buglord
If you really want to roll-your-own, Mikrotik has a "User Manager" package that could hook into PayPal and authorize.net to accept payments from users. Basically, you get one extra router and install the user-manager package, and it acts as a RADIUS server; you configure all your wireless APs to check with it for AAA purposes. I set this up for a "hotel" (and by "hotel" I mean "hourly rates") a few years ago, and it actually worked, but having not worked for a WISP for a couple years I can't vouch for how well it might work today. The downside is that you'll get the Mikrotik Experience (TM) including all manner of inscrutable bugs and the finest tech support in Latvia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread