Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Is this a mafia lite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'll do it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Confirmed

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somber, what is the best board game? I will use your answer to determine your alignment.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Probably something by Vladda Chvatil, like Galaxy Trucker! Battlestar Galactica is my favorite board game to play every few months.

I hear he's good. Did he make Mage knight? Nobody seems to ever stop talking about that game.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Man I don't know who to believe aside from somebody who isn't jedit because he has bad opinions.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Recently somebody offered me a chance to pitch a board game idea to a local company but even though I've thought it would be nice to make games, I am not a board game designer. So lately I've been desperately looking up game design stuff.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

I am so crazy jealous. I had an opportunity to design an educational game for a startup once but they were all crazy and had bad ideas and I never got paid!

I have several folders full of completed game designs that I haven't prototyped if you wanna talk sometime!

Yeah I'm assuming that this isn't going to go 'correctly' like they'll be weird or I'll just not actually get the chance in the first place for whatever reason. It's a good kick in the pants to doing something I might like to do though.

Also I do actually know some stuff about board games guys.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Juanito posted:

Play a bunch of Go Fish and Old Maid and you'll come up with something good. Use some dice too. Nerds love dice.

I've planned on this mechanic where you draw on a random card and then to see if it works you spin a wheel that tells you how many dice you roll. Then you flip a coin to decide if the result is good or bad. Also all of the miniatures are just boobs.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

I thought people were talking about their favorite drinks!

What do you think the Mage Knight drink would be like?

Also how is not day one yet, submit your actions already

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Oh, also

##vote jedit

True.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

His vote on Jedit.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ok, then I don't understand your comment. Is it an in-joke that I don't get?

Pig is basically joke voting Jedit. I was agreeing with the sentiment, but there wasn't a huge amount to it other than that.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

FV while we're here what do you think of

1) Jedit's night vote
2) Pig's soft claim

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

This isn't a joke!

Jedit is scum.

Ah, I considered that you might be thinking that, but that's not why I said true. What's your reasoning?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ok, why did you lie then?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

It made me laugh.

Do you laugh at tumble weeds blowing by as well?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That they both feel dodgy, but I can't really put it into words better than that.

Jedit's night vote was weird and too eager but like, if scum got a night action surely they would be discussing it? That was my thought before the cop claim.

CapitalistPig posted:

Also I'm lying about everything I just said and I just want Jedit to die.

I pretty much figured, killing Jedit is surely a noble cause but let's not waste our time with stuff like this.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yo pig legitimately though, were you roleblocked?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Interesting, I don't have night action either. Meinberg also claimed no night action.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

You know for a short moment in this thread I thought I wasn't alone in this cold and uncaring world

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

##vote MMM for getting really weird about a jokevote and fishing for information. I don't care for Cpig either but he comes off better in that exchange.

Which joke vote? Pig's? I thought I explained that.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

But then I did say actual things?

Asking questions early on is also a good way to get reads from other people as well.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

You were trying to draw inferences from an obvious joke. I don't buy that as 'saying something.'

Are you still talking about Pig's vote?

Somberbrero posted:

I disagree with that, I think it's a solid scum tell to ask people to generate content for you rather than pushing your own opinions. If you had said "I think [x], what do you think FV?" then I would view it differently, but you waited for her to form an opinion before putting forth your own. Obviously everything is contextual but I don't like how you made that move.

I've done this a lot in the past and basically the way it works is if I see an active poster who isn't directly commenting on the game I ask them about something I have opinions on. The reason I wait for them to answer to present my own opinions is that I don't want to taint their perspective or have them see their answer as wrong.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

You don't see how scummy that method is? You're describing fence-sitting.

Really I don't see asking questions and also giving opinions as scummy. Maybe it came across poorly this game but I think overall there's nothing wrong with either of things separately or together.

Someber, I feel like this is about to go in circles. Can you tell me what joke you were referring to here:

Somberbrero posted:

You were trying to draw inferences from an obvious joke. I don't buy that as 'saying something.'

Also can you sort of state all your points against me, I'd like some clarity here.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

1) You took cpig seriously for some reason, that exchange reads to me like he just called out your scumbuddy and you're trying to figure out how to play it. I also don't know why you would try to dismiss Jedit's vote, the reasoning is pretty clear and he's not wrong.

2) I don't like you saying 'oh hey fv please give me an opinion that sounds reasonable' right after the cpig stuff.

3) Your counter-reasoning feels fake and dismissive. Maybe you're confused but it reads more like you're just brushing me off.

Ok. I'll go through this.

1) I am a sucker, what can I say? I do think you should generally take people seriously. I think you're reading way too into a thing here. Also Jedit's vote was weird and eager. There was nothing wrong with that assessment.

2) I can't really say more about this than I already have.

3) I cannot see how I could be less dismissive while still arguing against your case. Like, I have actively engaged with you to clarify your points, understand them and then explain my perspective.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also if N0 investigations are dumb which actions aren't? A Kill would mean a player wouldn't get to play the first day. Watcher/Tracker/Protect/Roleblock all depend on other Night actions happening, yet there were N0 actions in this game so clearly something happened.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

You're speculating on setup, my point was that I don't know the setup and thus making assumptions about it is bad. Defence against a case isn't pulling away from content it literally is content that people can use to make decisions.

Let's try this: Do you have any questions for me? Is there something I've said you think needs explaining?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Meinberg posted:

I think that there is certainly some room available for setup speculation, considering the makeup of the game. We know what roles are present in the game, but we don't know what these roles actually mean. I have trouble imagining a scenario where CPig actually has a N0 investigation, given the nature of the game, though. It is possible, but I think it's more likely that CPig is taking the piss as he is prone to do.

Pig confirmed he was lying.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Can we kill Pig instead?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:v: Oh no I don't want that!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It's refreshing to know that even after a year and 68 games, every game with Pig opens the exact same way.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah I've got Jedit and Pig for townish which is regrettable really.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Grandicap posted:

Yeah, pig is a town. Meinberg reads the worst in the exchange. Jedit reads fine.

##vote Meinberg

What's the reasoning for Meinberg? From what I can tell he's always awkward, so I'd be wary of that.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

My hesitation is that I just played a game where everybody wanted to vote meinberg for the whole game for saying and doing dumb poo poo but he was town.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I auditioned for a role in a show Bruce McCulloch is making but I didn't get it. I am hopefully going to meet Howard from The Red Green Show sometime soon though.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Man I loving said howard instead of Harold and I cannot figure out why

E: I'm dying

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I am a hollow husk of a man.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Well, on a day without a lot of productive discussion I like executing one of the people who talk less. Juanito and Meinberg are people I'd go for in that sense.

TBH I kind of got burned out on this game pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Please give me the sweet release

• Locked thread