Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Oh man, oh man, oh man. Uh... I call... Savvyhead! Or maybe Hocus. Or Brainer. Any of those three would really work.

Have I mentioned that I'm working on my very own PbtA game? Apocalypse World is so cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Confirmed.

The board game world has become a strange and mysterious place. I don't have a group, so I haven't had much of a chance to play new games. Dominion is really good, but it stretches the definition of a board game. It's kind of like a LCG with board game mechanics, maybe?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

MildManeredManikin posted:

Recently somebody offered me a chance to pitch a board game idea to a local company but even though I've thought it would be nice to make games, I am not a board game designer. So lately I've been desperately looking up game design stuff.

You lucky son a bitch. I recommend that you check out the board game thread, it's a surprisingly diverse market.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

kill all dice.

No, dice are cool. But only d12s.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Also how is not day one yet, submit your actions already

Lazy so and sos! I have already submitted all of my N0 actions that I have*!

*Number of N0 actions may be zero.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

You know for a short moment in this thread I thought I wasn't alone in this cold and uncaring world

You're not alone. No one is really alone. We work together to accomplish our goals, both common and personal. Do not worry. I will be here for you all.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I think that there is certainly some room available for setup speculation, considering the makeup of the game. We know what roles are present in the game, but we don't know what these roles actually mean. I have trouble imagining a scenario where CPig actually has a N0 investigation, given the nature of the game, though. It is possible, but I think it's more likely that CPig is taking the piss as he is prone to do.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Pig confirmed he was lying.

That'll teach me to read at 3am.

CapitalistPig posted:

I lied, but Jedit still needs to be the d1 lynch. Turbo if possible.

Any particular reason? Or just because it'd be funny?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Do we need reasons to lynch Jedit now?

Well, it's more that we have two days until the deadline. Maybe we can trip the scum up, get some scum slips, in the meanwhile.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

If you want to be known as the biggest idiot, then yes.

Answer me this, Cpig, did you read the sitch, open your mind to the psychic maelstrom, or some third option?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Some third option, I ain't one o those crazy drat Brainers.

Interesting. Yes, the pieces are falling into place.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

##vote Cpig

C'mon man, at least try to give a gently caress.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hey guys, I'm town. I know tempers are running a bit high right now, but it's going to be alright.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Juanito posted:

Literally wouldn't be a mafia D1 here if we didn't complain about Meinberg

god DAMNIT meinberg

Jedit posted:

And indeed, everyone else.

Looks like we're back to joke phase. Who restarted it?

I'm not entirely sure that it ever really ended.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Hey guys, I'm the scum, its me.

discuss

Nah, you're just being CPigish.

##unvote

Also, I'm an idiot. And going to bed while I berate my idiocy.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Though, I partially blame CPig for including literally the same post in every game he's involved with.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Maybe he is scum in all of them?

It's possible! Albeit unlikely. It's more likely that he's trying to drum up talk, to get people to generate content.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'd like to apologize for my actions earlier, which I realize after the fact that I was totally rolefishing. For a ~meta defense~, anyone who has played with me before knows that I love solving the setup, even when that isn't the ideal way of going forward. I think it's because my own personal skill set are more inclined towards that sort of action than to the more interpersonal aspects of the game. I was hoping to determine just how much truth there was to his second claim of a N0 investigation, based on my knowledge of the flavor and the setup.

Of course, it's almost impossible to tie a role to alignment given the nature of this setup, so my efforts here are more stupid than normal.

My vote on CPig was also a misguided attempt to get him to engage more with the game, because of my feeling that he was, in fact, just faffing around with no real desire to play the game.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

If that's your response to what I just said then you sir, are scum.

##vote somber

Town will understand.

I understand. I'm just not sure if I believe you. About half of it at least.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Nope WRONG keep looking scum.

Wait, is it your roleclaim? Because while I believe that part, I don't see how that'd effect your alignment.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

So, yeah, I don't see what CPig was trying to say before. I assumed that he was saying, in his very subtle code, that he was a World-Aligned Operator. But now those things aren't the things he was saying? I'm so confused.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Maybe FV? I'll take a look at her.

I was looking at FV, and she seems pretty good. Her being the only aussie in the thread has handicapped her ability to interact more directly with people, thus making it easy for her to fall into the backdrop.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'm pretty confident in Somb and Grandi myself. And Maltose and Winson are still pretty new, so I'm not sure how comfortable I feel voting for them on D1. I would like them to post more, certainly.

On the other hand, I don't have a strong scum read on anyone. That Jedit vote on MMM has set off some warning bells, but there's not been a whole lot to go on beyond that on Jedit, and it was early enough for it have been a joke. CPig's claim has me feeling that he's more towny than otherwise, but I'm still somewhat suspicious of him. Despite rereading the thread a couple times, I'm still not feeling anyone.

What I'm saying is, I'm bad at Mafia.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Sorry, was busy preparing dinner.

Meinberg did you talk to Grandi out of thread?

Yes, and he's still somewhat suspicious of me, which is his right.

Winson_Paine posted:

I thought defending yourself was scummy? I remember that being the case.

I've always had this assumption myself, but it seems that certain people may view defending one way and others another.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

As loathe as I am to agree with CPig, I think that scum very well might be Jedit. That early vote on MMM still strikes me as the single most out of place post in the game. It just jumps out at me when I read the thread. I mean, sure, he could be joking, or he could be trying to build a case and build momentum.

Later on, Jedit posts this:

Jedit posted:

And indeed, everyone else.

Looks like we're back to joke phase. Who restarted it?

And the reference to being back to joke phase also strikes me as noteable. When did we leave joke phase indeed? Was it CPig's fake investigation claim? Or was it when Jedit voted on MMM? Jedit himself was unaware at the time that we were currently in N0. That action could very well have been genuine, and I don't care for it.

##vote Jedit

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Yeah, as loathe as I am to admit it, I think that rallying a majority may be impossible today.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

With ten minutes to deadline, I'm not sure if it is possible to avoid a no lynch.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Jedit posted:

Full claim: I am a Mason Recruiter.

What's the name of your role?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

At least 1 of 5 players in a 13 player game being scum is likely without the masonry part of it.

A) It's actually 11 players
B) I ran the numbers

If there's 2 scum, then there's a ~27% that no one in the masonry is scum, based on random distribution. If there's three scum, only ~12%. Three scum seems unlikely, but possible. 2 scum and a 3P is more probable.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Meinberg I've played enough games with you to know you like this side of things, but for the love of god could you please actually comment on some players/tell us who you think is scum.

Jedit is my #1 scum candidate. I don't like the way he was reluctant to share his role's name, and the way he acted like revealing what his role was would exonerate him, in this, a game with mostly randomized alignments. There are a few roles I have in my mind that would be ideal for the set alignments, but the Hocus absolutely isn't one of them.

Which means that I have only his behavior to fall back on, and it just pings my gut as scummy.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Oh, I forgot. This is entirely for abuse of my internal role mechanics and is in no way a reflection of my thoughts or attitudes about this game. I am -1 to lynch today so please don't turbo me just because it would be funny. I need to get to -2 or poo poo is going to suck for me.

##vote Somberbrero

I'm going to keep a careful eye on things, and shift my vote off when needed.

##vote Somberbrero

I haven't had a chance to re-review things, but I will shortly. I would also like Pig to answer where Somber lied to us all.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

He lied because he said I was scum, I'm not, whats so hard to understand?

Being wrong =/= lying

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

You need 4 votes to be at -2 how many do you have?

There's three on him right now.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

##unvote

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Meinberg vote for me right now

##vote MMM

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Why did you do that meinberg?

Because I thought you'd keep pestering me if I didn't. Though if this turns out to be a TRAP SPRUNG, I'm going to keep my vote right where it is.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Also: you're the most likely scum at the moment.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

I'll go for Pig too, to be fair.

CPig has me rather irrationally peeved. I think he's town, but I also think that he's disruptive to the game.

It's not trap sprung don't worry. I was just wondering why you would listen to me.

Generally speaking, I listen to people. Obviously, I have my own thoughts and ideas, but I also take into account the plans of others as well. I think that cooperation is the key to advancement in this world.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hey, I'm playing. :colbert:

I'm just terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Okay, so I trust the people in my masonry. I'm still iffy on Jedit, but I've been mostly convinced that he's cool. Fiery_Valkyrie has been playing her butt off, and has mostly suffered due to Australian time zones.

CPig is CPig and I kinda hate him, but I still think he's town (maybe because I'm bad at Mafia?).

Hal and Juanito have been nigh-on zero content to their posts, and if they don't post more, they're going to the top of my scum list.

I still have a largely null read on MMM, but Somber's case read pretty good to me.

• Locked thread