Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

Jedit are you untargetable at times?

Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

No, I am not untargetable under normal circumstances.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Meinberg posted:

Grandicap does make some sense as a godfather. He talked a big game about using his vig on Valkyrie, but he would have known that she was bulletproof, by that point.

Was Valkyrie bulletproof? I thought she had a 50% chance of any given action failing.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

##vote Meinberg

Mostly to keep Votefinder happy, it seems lonely.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Juanito posted:

although a scum doublevoter.. is kind of crazy. Also he'd have to be the godfather as well since I'd investigated him as town.

From what Hal was saying, he's a votejacker rather than a double voter. That's slightly more believable.

Why didn't you hammer Pig, by the way?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Juanito posted:

##vote Jedit

I'm okay with this. This guy is a big question mark.

We're assuming scum targeted him because of the bus driving thing, but maybe there is more to Jedit's role.

Not really, no.

If you think it's Grandi I'll vote Grandi.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

##vote Grandicap

I need to go to bed, so if I don't move now it won't happen. If Meinberg is clear then Grandi's the only other person I'm willing to vote for.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sorry Jedit, I guess we could have let you win after all... just had to be sure.

Actually I was lying about that. When I said I would win if at the end of the game everyone left was one of my masons, I didn't tell you that having everyone in my masonry would trigger the end of the game. It was still true that I could win with either Town or Scum, but I'd only win with Town if the last Scum to die was the last person not in my masonry. (I was also lying when I said I could die and still win, but that was necessary to stop Town killing me.)

That last is why I was so pissed off with my role. I was literally a Survivor who wouldn't win even if he did survive except in very specific circumstances. Being a Mason Recruiter made me an instant target for the Scum, but I couldn't hide it from them because I needed to recruit them to win. At the same time I needed to drag the game out in order to have the time I needed to recruit everyone, but anything I did to achieve that would make me look suspicious - and if I drew an investigation my immunity would practically ensure my lynch. The combination made it very nearly impossible for me to win.

E: As it happens, had there been a no lynch on the day you killed me I had planned to recruit Meinberg. I knew Grandi was the last scum by that point - with me going to -1 on Day 1 the lack of a hammer should have hinted that all the scum were already on me - so unless he killed me we would have had the joint victory.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 21, 2014

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

Jedit, you definitely had some serious complaints about the Hocus role. Any ideas on how to improve it while still maintaining an interesting mechanic?

It would have worked better if there had been no Survivor win condition, for a start. It should have been purely about Maelstrom-worshippers, not about the Hocus. This would not only make it easier to win, it would also be thematic.

You also apparently boned it somewhat with the flavour - Winson initially assumed I was a bad guy because it was described as me abducting him. If I hadn't been able to talk him out of it I would have been lynched Day 2 for attempting to win.

If I were to do a similar role, I would make the win condition to be recruiting every living player with access to OOTC - that is, the Hardholder's masonry and the scum team. I would also make it a reverse masonry; that is, people so recruited lose the ability to speak in their own docs (though they can still read them).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

Point 1: if I'm reading you correctly, you're saying the win condition should be "If at any point all alive players are in the Hocus masonry, the Hocus wins whether alive or dead"?

Yes. Really the Hocus doesn't care about living or dying, so long as everyone gets the message.

• Locked thread