Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yar, I will play in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Confirmed.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I really like deckbuilders. Dominion is pretty much the best, but I have a friend who isn't really on board with it for some reason so we end up playing a lot of Thunderstone and Marvel: Legendary instead.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yeah, pig is a town. Meinberg reads the worst in the exchange. Jedit reads fine.

##vote Meinberg

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

Oh it's gonna be one of THOSE games is it hal?

Idiot.

Do you have a rebuttal pig? I mean, you are an exceptional rear end.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rolefishing, it is flavorful but ultimately just rolefishing

Meinberg posted:

Answer me this, Cpig, did you read the sitch, open your mind to the psychic maelstrom, or some third option?

And this is a lazy vote on a terrible pig.

Meinberg posted:

##vote Cpig

C'mon man, at least try to give a gently caress.

Here he's not invested in reading and plays off it with an excuse:

Meinberg posted:

That'll teach me to read at 3am.

Any particular reason? Or just because it'd be funny?

And I just don't like this post:

Meinberg posted:

Well, it's more that we have two days until the deadline. Maybe we can trip the scum up, get some scum slips, in the meanwhile.
I think it's because actually looking for scumslips actively is absurd and Meinberg has been around long enough to know that, or maybe it is just the faux-mafia-dadding, I don't know, but this post really burns my britches.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

You have no argument from me that pig butt is best butt.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

MildManeredManikin posted:

What's the reasoning for Meinberg? From what I can tell he's always awkward, so I'd be wary of that.

This followed by me trying to outline my gut feelings with posts. But ultimately followed up by this gem of a post

MildManeredManikin posted:

My hesitation is that I just played a game where everybody wanted to vote meinberg for the whole game for saying and doing dumb poo poo but he was town.

Makes MMM my next scum candidate.
This is terrible. Not saying that he doesn't think Meinberg is scum, but to be wary of the way he acts because he is dumb.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

You mean:
?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

what about this guy

Also, was I supposed to know who Brent Butt was? Because I don't.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yo, mason buddies to the mason doc please.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

We have been talking about this in the mason doc at some length, but I think Jedit is unlikely to be scum and unlikely to be a cult as well.
This is an 11 player game, first off, that is not a large enough game to support a cult. On top of that there was a nightkill. Having both a scum team and a cult would be absurd in an 11 player game. It could be over D3 (3 lynches, 2 night kills, 2 recruits = 6 Alive, 3 in the cult) and town could still be "doing well" if they lynch the scum in that scenario.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jedit posted:

I would like the Driver to claim, please.

Where did this come from? I thought driver discussion only happened in my mason doc and was not public knowledge.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I can't keep it in my pants any longer, pew pew.

##shoot fiery_valkyrie

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

On Day 3, Grandicap attempted to ##shoot fiery_valkyrie. This action failed.

That is a disappointment. Now I have to actually make a case and get people to follow me and stuff. I will do it later...

##vote f_v

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Pig, based on mason chat it's you and val. Unless it's Juan and Hal pulling a gambit. Vote val with me.
In the mason doc I am your only defender. I think you are town. Prove me right.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

To doubledown. My vig failed either because I am a faulty vig, and that is unlikely because I take excellent care of my weaponry. Or f_v is BP, but we already had a town BP flip so vOv.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

fiery_valkyrie posted:

so your case that I am scum is that I'm BP, which you couldn't have known before you tried to shoot me? This is total crap

##vote Grandi

and for the record, I'm not BP. Actions against me have a percentage chance to fail.

No, my case is that you are still scum after my shot against you failed. It added to the process of elimination that you were scum to begin with.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I buy your claim, but this game already has a ambigious town protective role, a town BP, a town busdriver. 11 players. Is there really room for another protective role on town's side? More likely it gives you investigation immunity in addition to the accidental benefit of stopping my guns.

Why did you stop my guns val? Why?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What process of elimination?

I am town, Meinberg is town, Winson is town, Jedit is town, Either Juan and Hal are town or they are swinging an interesting gambit.

That just leaves you and Pig. Pig is being a poo poo head, but it is a shithead consistent with his town game.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Roles are random, remember.

poo poo, ok, I keep forgetting that. You are still scum.

Somber investigated me as town.
Somber claimed to Meinberg n1 and wasn't killed. Also mason chat and flavor stuff. Also I'm not dead after claiming vig.
Winson busdrove Maltose and Jedit N1. Jedit was the kill target and therefore town. Winson drove the kill and is therefore town.
I claimed vig and the intention to shoot you last night, since you are scum, and I'm not dead all members of somber's masonry are town.

Juan investigated Hal as town according to somber. So either they are gambitting scum pulling people into a masonry wherein they wasted n0 action to recruit a scumbuddy just to clear him to the town they pull in later, and if either of them flipped down the line their whole strat would be pulled to the ground.

That leaves you and pig.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm going to sleep because worked sucked today and I'm tired. Please kill val before I wake up, it will be the best post-apocalyptic Christmas ever.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also, the masonry just isn't the same without you somber:(

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jedit posted:

I'd love to know how you managed to get one night action to fail on Somber but not another. On me, no problem, but Somber didn't have my immunity.

Grandi, your process of elimination revolves around Juanito claiming two Town investigations but no scum - something scum can do quite easily as they know who the not-scum are - and Winson telling the truth about who he drove on Night 1. It doesn't work and I won't vote Valkyrie because of it.

Why would you claim a cop investigation to a dude who mason recruited you on n0? It isn't scum logic. You don't make a claim like that because it is bad town play unless you actually do have a cop investigation. As scum, you are then expected to fake results every day which either breaks down when you have to claim scum on someone and you mislynch them, which will turn around and get the cop lynched, or you have to serve up a scum buddy. It is a dangerous gambit to make that early. If you do it on a later day, you can at least sprinkle in some dead people investigations.

So, what makes sense to me is one of 2 scenarios.

Hal and Juan are scum together.
Hal's ability is to recruit into a masonry.
Juan's ability is unimportant.
Hal recruited Juan n0, to set up a cop claim on n1 to a townie dude.
Kind of like that game where merk claimed confirmed town mason with ecco.
This scenario is a huge risk. What if there is a real cop? If either of them flipped at any time it would cast huge doubt on the other. It would also allow them to float through the game unmolested if their claim was bought.

Scenario 2 is as follows:
Hal is a mason recruiter.
Juan is a cop.
Hal recruited Juan n0.
Juan copped Hal n0 with a town result.
This is a bit of a coincidence, but not an implausible one.

That is all. So, scenario 1 is a huge risk\reward scenario, but in my opinion it would be way to hard to pull off successfully that early. If it is a gambit, then the breadcrumb is obviously part of it because the whole drat thing was premeditated from the word go.
The other possibility is scenario 2 but hal is a godfather mason recruiter.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jedit posted:

On my phone so I can't review properly, but is there any evidence that Hal actually is a mason recruiter? It seems odd in a game that started with almost half the players in one masonry to have not one but two expandable masonries as well.

Somber, a flipped town player, confirmed it in the other masonry.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Another point in his favor. Unless he tried to kill somber and it failed so he knew any proposed action would ahve failed too or something. But Occam's razor points to if you are making up a lie, you don't throw in details that discredit your own lie.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Juanito posted:

I don't think all of the recruiters can be town, so I think Jedit is most likely to be scum.

Winson kill redirect off of Jedit onto Maltose.
Unless Winson and Jedit are scum...

Same thing as you and Hal.

Which leaves Pig and val.

But I think Pig is town for non setup stuff, you know, an actual mafia read. So that leaves val and ???

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Juanito posted:

Somber said he'd confirmed someone as town, but didn't tell us who. Did he tell you guys? (maybe you've already said, and I missed it).

He mostly wanted to go for MMM, and Cpig, but also would have voted FV.

It was me.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Regardless, Juanito and Winson are confirmed town to me.

Winson did you tell anyone you were bussing Jedit and Maltose before Night 1?

It isn't in the doc until d2.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

It isn't in the doc until d2.

Unless he spoke with someone out of doc.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

That KIND OF makes sense? What roles are still out there, unclaimed?

CapitalistPig
fiery_valkyrie
Grandicap - Gunlugger?
Hal Incandenza
Jedit - hocus, more or less confirmed
Juanito - brainer, claimed
Meinberg - Angel I think? Some kind of Doc?
MildManeredManikin - Battlebabe, confirmed
Mr. Maltose - savvyhead, confirmed
Somberbrero - Hardholder, confirmed
Winson_Paine - Driver, claimed

Confirming that I lug guns. And I shoot them. And apparently, against all odds, people don't get killed when I shoot them

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Killing the dude who has a wincondition entirely orthogonal to ours is irrelevant.He's going to vote with whoever is losing more because he needs the game to last longer so he has time to recruit everyone.

Kill val.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (7): CapitalistPig, fiery_valkyrie, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Jedit, Juanito, Meinberg

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 15th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 10 hours.

Val is still alive in votefinder.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jedit posted:

Not surprised by the kill. There's an idiot on the scum team who thinks he needs to get to me, and he'd have to go through Winson to do it.

Not following this logic. Who is the 1 extra person you're not helping us lynch today?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

At this point who doesn't have an investigation confirming them? I'm pretty much about to throw all of them out and assume whoever is left is a godfather.
Hal is confirmed, Meinberg is confirmed (and a cop/doc), I am confirmed.
Jedit is claimed 3rd party.
Juanito is claimed cop.
So, in theory, Meinberg could cop Juan and Juan could cop Pig and tomorrow night everyone would be investigated.

Right now, either it's Juan or Pig, or godfathers make the plethora of investigations worthless.

PS I am assuming 2 scum because 3 scum + 3rd party out of 11 players seems way more imbalanced.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oh hey, pretty much everything I just said Meinberg already said. Huzzah.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Meinberg posted:

Wait no, I forgot about including Jedit himself in his masonry. He might be up to three people now, and if no one in his masonry gets killed, and his choice doesn't get scumkilled tonight, he could win tonight.

For what it's worth, I think it's Pig. But for some reason, I thought there was something clearing him.

Nope, just me in the mason doc saying I think he's town. And Juan having the same sentiments in thread. Nothing mechanical clearing him.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think Jedit's claim is accurate. But I think we still need to lynch him. Assuming we lynch town today, and there is a NK, that leaves us at MYLO tomorrow. We no Lynch taking us to LYLO with town\scum\Jedit. At that time he would vote for whoever he wanted, either both are members of his masonry and he just drops a vote and doesn't care, or he picks solely based on masonry content. He is playing an entirely different game than the rest of us and that is a liability.

##vote Jedit

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also, we have a good chance to tie up our loose ends tonight as far as the uninvestigated goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm of the same mind as yesterday. Keeping Jedit around is a risk.

##vote Jedit

• Locked thread