Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

King Torg woke up from his early afternoon post-lunch, pre-linner nap. He wiped the drool from his face and looked bleary eyed out the entrance of the cave. He saw grass growing and flowers blooming.

He then rushed outside and stomped on the grass and flowers.

"gently caress dat poo poo!" He said. He went back into the cave.

"I demand a feast! A barbeque! A baby barbeque! With baby back ribs, baby flank steaks, and baby bacon! And one won't suffice! I need five live babies for my feast. Now my kobolds get into town and get me my babies. And if you don't bring me back babies, then I'll skewer your asses and put you over a fire!"

Hearing the King make his announcement, the kobolds knew it was time once again for King Torg's (ALL HAIL KING TORG!!) Summer Barbeque.

This is the Seventh annual King Torg (ALL HAIL KING TORG!!) Summer Barbeque. The goal of the game is to get the most Vps and deliver five living babies to King Torg’s Barbeque.

Here's the posting conventions for the game:

Kobold name and location in bold to start off each post. In game text follows, no formating. Action text and stat blocks for your kobolds will be in italics. Out of character stuff follows in plain text at the end. An example:

Koko the sample Kobold A-1

Koko runs into a tree.

Koko runs into a tree at A-2

B: E: E: R: Edge: Bogey:
Left: Right: Body: Extra:
Hits: Move: CD: VP:
Human words known

(Out of character stuff, such as snitching goes here.)

Players post actions for their kobolds and the kobold with the highest Extraneous gets their action resolved first on down the line. I, as the mayor, go last and post results.

VP rewards:
Bringing a live baby back to the caves 12
Snitching on a fellow kobold: 2
Giving your kobold a eulogy: 1-3+ (depends on how well its done)
Game Improvement suggestions: 1-3+ (depends on suggestion and if its accepted)
Killing Critters: variable (Bitter Sturgeon is worth 20 vps)
Random Acts of KAMBNESS: variable
Final Kobold Survivor: 5 (if there is one)
Killing a Kobold: 6

If there's any questions, then post here or in the recruitment thread. Try to use italics for it.

The game will keep recruiting until the game has ended with the fifth baby being brought back to the cave.

The game will end when the fifth baby has been delivered back to the cave, all kobolds are killed, or the summer ends.

I'll update the game once every two to three days. Unless you let me know via posts or PMs, I'll expect people to post that frequently. If most people post, then I might update sooner.

You can start posting after the House Rules and map have been posted. Posting before then will result in 4 KHDCs immediately rolled at the end of the first turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

How Things Work:

ACTIONS
Kobolds can do two actions during their turn (or one if they chose to do so). The two actions must be different.

MOVE! Kobolds move at the same rate no matter if they’re running, skipping, leaping, or swimming. The movement rate of a kobold is tied to their Extraneous stat. The minimum a Kobold can move is 2 spaces. From the square they start in, they can move either straight or diagonally. If there is something in a square a kobold is moving through, they can elect to move through the square and go around what is in the square unless its specified that a kobold can not do this. If a building only occupies a single square, then the kobold can enter the building when they enter the square. They can either enter through a door or the window (if there’s a window present). If a building is larger than one square, then the kobold must enter the square where a door is or find a window to go through. Attempting to enter a building through a window requires an Athlete skill check (2 dice if kobold has Athlete skill, 3 dice if they don’t).

DO! A Kobold can use an item, an edge, or other things that don’t require rolling dice.

SKILL! A Kobold can use one of their skills. The player must specify what they’re doing in their post and what skill they’re using. The mayor will then roll for that skill against its difficulty. If a kobold wishes to use a skill they don’t possess, then a die penalty will be added to the roll. The number of dice added to the roll is up to the Mayor.

KILL! Kobolds don’t fight, they kill. Kill! will be covered in its own section.

VERSUS! When two kobolds engage in a competition against each other a VERSUS ROLL is used to determine the winner. Each kobold rolls 3 dice and subtracts the applicable stat. The one with the lowest score is the winner.

DO MORE! If a kobold wants to do more than two actions in a turn, then an additional die is added to each additional action taken. These are cumulative.

KILLING THINGS!
If a kobold ain’t killing, they’re not living. Just as VOR intended.

Combat is resolved by rolling under one’s BRAWN stat. The number of dice to roll is determined by the target’s Combat Dice (which is based on REFLEXES).

If the roll is under one’s BRAWN stat, then they cause damage (DAM). DAM is based on what was used to make the attack. If a kobold attacks without a weapon, they can use their claws and teeth. These inflict 1 DAM.

DAM can be avoided by the wearing of armor. When wearing armour, it gives one ARMOUR HITS. DAM is first subtracted from ARMOUR and when the armour has no more HITS, then it is ruined. Further HITS are subtracted from one’s HITS.

When anything is reduced to 0 HITs, they’re dead. Kobolds who manage this are rewarded with VP.

SUPER AWESOME COMBAT OPTIONS
This is a new addition to the TG KAMB rules. These combat actions can be used instead of boring old attacks. To use an option, it must be specified in the post during combat.

ATTACK OPTIONS!

Fighting Montage
If a fight seems like it'll take a long time and a player wants to finish it in a single turn, this option can be used. This option can come into play at the beginning of any turn in which a kobold is fighting. The player of the kobold merely has to ask for the fight to be resolved in a fighting montage. If two or more PC kobolds are fighting, then all of the players must agree to the use of a fighting montage.

When a fighting montage is asked for, the player asking needs to specify what actions their kobold will take. These can either be as simple as saying the kobold continues to attack or involve a detailed plan using Super Awesome Combat actions. The player also must state how long they want the fighting montage to last. When a certain condition is met (such as number of HITS left, length of fight, etc.) then the montage will end. It will also end If one of the participants dies.

All rules affecting the game that are not covered under ACTIONS are covered by the KAMB House rules.

House Rules
Current House Rules (Subject to Change)
These rules are in effect for the game. Unless otherwise stated in the rule, failure to abide by these will result in a KOBOLD HORRIBLE DEATH CHECK.

Remember every time your kobold gets a KHDC, I'll roll 2d6 and add the number of checks your kobold has. Kobolds accumulate checks until they die. If the total is 13 or more, your kobold receives a KOBOLD HORRIBLE DEATH.

1. Whenever you mention King Torg (ALL HAIL KING TORG!!) you must capitalize both King and Torg and follow it with with two exclamation points.

2. Since this is an online game, all the times a player has to do something silly will be done in character. If a player has to bark like a dog, then you have to describe your kobold doing it. If I think its half-hearted then you get a Kobold Horrible Death Check.

3. The "FAT" Rule. Nothing ruins a really good piece of meat like killing it, all of the really good-for you vitamins and minerals leak out. In order to do this, a kobold must succeed at wrestling the still moving meat. Those kobolds without the WRASSLE skill can attempt this at CD+1. If a kobold is successful, then on the next turn they eat. The kobold gains some of its hits back. 1 for Chickens, 2 for Kobolds, and 1d6 for Babies.

If kobolds eat something dead, they can get half of the Hits listed (rounded down). This doesn’t require a turn to wrestle the meat, only a turn to shove it in their mouth.

4. The "Kobold Soliloquy" rule. If your Kobold dies, you may post and recount the great deeds of your poor dead Kobold. Once this is finished, you can roll up a new Kobold and bring him into the game, keeping all of your current Victory Points Soliloquys done well might earn Vps too.

Example: Tharg was just torn to shreds by a coop of chickens. Gus stands up at the table putting his hand over his heart, "Mighty Tharg, that did slay many chickens. That did eat Farmer John's baby. That did steal rope from the Bazaar and did valiantly die in the chicken coop behind the Screaming Unicorn. We will miss you!"
    An even better example:

Twobirds “Elegy to TishTosh” from the old KAMB game. posted:

O!
    Hark and listen, to the tale of chickens and death,
    Ventured forth did TishTosh to steal babies unto his last breath.
    Slay a rat he did, nay, two,
    A vicious battle joined by Golf,
    Oh, and a magic chicken too.
    His spoils wrapping his smelly hide,
    he left the house to hear "Save the babies!" cried.
    Distracting the human armed with axe,
    Tishtosh's barking and yipping was not lax.
    But when the weapons came down,
    The sad fate of a favored kobold gave Vor cause to frown.

And off in kobold heaven, TishTosh had to smile,
    "To the caves with the baby Ghulio successfully fled,
    Too bad I got stuck with this axe in my head."
    -Twobirds “Elegy to TishTosh” from the old KAMB game.

5. The "AND ME BOSS" Rule. If more than one Kobold is involved in an action that produces Victory Points, the Kobold that instigated the action decides who gets the VPs. He can choose to divide them in any way (even if he decides that they should all be his, Mwahaha!)

6. The "BABY NEGLIGENCE" Rule. Take it from the pros: Babies are fragile! If you don't believe us, try having a catch with one, and see how long it lasts. If a Kobold performs any action that will jeopardize the life of the baby, the Mayor rolls a d6. On an odd roll, the Mayor subjects the precious little thing to the horrors of the BABY NEGLIGENCE or WILDERNESS HORRIBLE DEATH CHART. What kind of things will cause a baby to buy the farm: casting spells, putting a baby in a backpack, failing a skill roll near a baby, playing catch with the baby, and anything else that your Mom would yell at you for doing with your little sister. Every Kobold in the map square loses 3 VP for not stopping this awful waste of food!

7. I'll edit these rules as I see fit. Failure to comply with these rules will result in a Kobold Horrible Death Check.

8. Snitch rule: You snitch out another player for screwing something up and I'll reward you with VP.

9. The "Inigo Montoya" rule: If a kobold that replaced a dead kobold encounters the creature or kobold that killed the first kobold, they may claim the "Inigo Montoya" privilege. If that kobold kills the offender, they gain twice the usual Victory Points for the kill. In order to invoke this rule, the kobold must shout out, "I am (kobold's name here). You killed my father. Prepare to die!" at the beginning of each turn during combat. If you take this literally and post (kobold's name here), then I will give your kobold a KOBOLD HORRIBLE DEATH CHECK.

10. The "Sequels Always Suck" rule: If a kobold dies and the player insists on calling their new kobold by the same name (or any direct variation like "Son of," "Junior," "the Second," or anything along those lines) the new kobold is given two checks on the KOBOLD HORRIBLE DEATH RECORD.

11. Mayor is never always right rule: If a player finds an error committed by the Mayor in regards to the player's own character, then the player can ask the mayor to look over the error. If there is indeed an error, then the mistake will be corrected and the player gets his choice of either having a Kobold Horrible Death Check removed or gaining two victory points. Players choice. Using this rule to piss off the mayor will result in a Kobold Horrible Death Check.

12. New rules can't punish characters and players for actions they've already taken.

13. Gratuitous Rules are Fun Rule. I like making up new rules.

14. The Angry Mayor rule: Pissing off the mayor will result in a KOBOLD HORRIBLE DEATH CHECK.

15. Nothing the Mayor does is considered cheating. Stating that the Mayor is cheating is an offense punishable by a KOBOLD HORRIBLE DEATH CHECK.

16. The Mayor can award Vps for any reason, at any time.

17. First turn Amnesty. The Mayor may allow on the first turn a player amnesty from breaking the rules. The Mayor can take away the amnesty if players abuse this rule.

17a) First turn Amnesty doesn’t come into effect until these house rules have been posted in the thread.

18. Endrite rule: If the player gets probated or banned while playing in this game, their character
    is given an automatic 11 KHDCs.

19. Players making the same mistake in in their posts in two consecutive turns will result in four KHDCs instead of one for the second offense.

20. Failure to abide by the posting conventions listed in the mayor's first post will result in a KHDC.

21. If the Mayor sees someone breaking the tables of the forum, then they get a KHDC. The offending player will have two days after the Mayor announces in the thread that they have broke the tables to fix their offending post.

22. Excessive rules lawyering will result in a KHDC. It is up to the Mayor's discretion to determine excessive rules lawyering.

23. Never speak of rule #23. Speaking of rule #23 results in a KHDC.

24. Anyone who admits to not reading all the regular rules and/or the house rules, their punishment will be that their kobold gets a KHDC.

25. If a character's actions and applicable stats or skills aren't listed in italics, then the Mayor has the option of not updating for that character.
    26a) No KHDCs will given out for failing to post actions in italics.
    26a1) When specifying movement in italics, the square the kobold is going to must be specified.

26. If a kobold's name is a reference to alcohol, then the Mayor may add the bogie alcoholic to the kobold with the alcoholic name reference (in addition to whatever other bogies they have.

27. No VPs awarded for snitching unless, the snitch posts their characters actions before snitching. If someone snitches and hasn't posted their kobold's actions; then they get no VPs and they receive a KHDC. The person getting snitched on still gets punished.

28. Failure to specify what someone did wrong or snitching about something that isn't snitchable is both a snitchable offense and is penalized by a KHDC.
    29a) If someone has broken either a rule or a House rule, then the rule that is broken needs to be quoted or referenced by number.
    29b) If someone snitches, but doesn't quote the offense in their reply, then the player who did the snitchable offense can edit their post to comply with the rules without penalty.
    29c) If someone snitches, but their attempt doesn't follow these rules, then they are disqualified from earning any points in regards to the snitching offense they pointed out.

29. Emoticons/smilies are banned. Punishment KHDC for each offense.

30. If any player is active on an IRC channel and the Mayor is on hand to see them being active on that channel, then the Mayor has the option to inflict a KHDC on their kobold for holding up the game.

31. If you want points for snitching, then you need to post in the thread. IRC snitching gets you no points.

32. Want to snitch and not playing in the game? Too bad, you are ineligible to get VP.

33. If the mayor points out what someone did wrong in his post, no one may snitch after the fact to get vps. Doing so will result in a KHDC for the person who is trying earn some easy vp.

34. The Mayor has the option of not punishing kobolds with KHDCs for failing to follow House rules.

35. Failure to keep character sheet current will result in a KHDC.

36. The Foo Rule: No one can win if all of their points are due to snitching.

37. Failure to abide by any of the rules specified in the ACTIONS! section of the rules is punishable by a KHDC.

38. Any kobold who declares themselves to be King Torg will be punished by two KHDCs.

39. Titles, prefixes, suffixes, designations, cognomen bestowed by the Mayor or by actions in the game must be used every time a kobold's name appears. Failure to do so will result in a KHDC for each offense.

40. Using the term "twerking" in posts will be punished by a KHDC for each offense.

41. Any kobold name the Mayor finds offensive to his sensibilities will be rewarded with whatever cruel, unusual, and arbitrary punishments the Mayor wishes to inflict.

42. Only players with kobolds (which means those who are playing living kobolds, now dead kobolds, or even undead kobolds) are allowed to snitch.

43. Anyone who mentions in the thread that kobolds are lizards, dragons, or some other kind of reptile will get a KHDC.
    44a) Failure to adhere to the “kobolds are furry dog-like humanoids” orthodoxy is punishable by KHDC.

44. Anyone who has a kobold character in a still active game thread can claim points in this game.

45. No Retreat, No Surrender. Kobolds have no word for retreat. When they fight, they fight until their opponent or they die. Kobolds who run from a fight are punished with a KHDC. The exceptions to this are if a kobold has cowardice or they're holding a baby.

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 24, 2014

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

The Map

Map Key
    A1 - The Kobold Kaves (starting point)
    A2 - Big Bush
    A4 - Teleportation Symbol (Ready to teleport!)
    A6 - Junk Pile (full of cool stuff)
    A7-B9 - Forest
    B10 - Row boat
    C5 - Bridge of Dubious Construction
    D1-F3 - Corn field
    D6 - Shed of Mystery
    D8 - Spooky Occult Symbol
    E5 - Tree (yup, just an ordinary tree)
    E8 - Mysterious House
    G3 - Human house
    G5 - Human House #2
    G7 - Minimart
    G8 - Yellow Rat Pub
    H1-H7 - Road through town
    I2 - Human house #3
    I4 - Human house #4
    I6 - Human house #5
    K2-K3 - Warhouse (full of super cool things)
    K5 - Human house #6
    K8- Rowboat
    K12 - Wizard's Tower (Home of the Magical Golden Manbaby worth 20 vps)

This is the current map. I'll be posting it every turn when something has happened, so everyone knows what's going on.

Now everyone can start posting.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Faitar, A-1

"Bring baby for KING TORG!!", Faitar screams and immediately starts running towards the bridge, "Faitar is bravest! Faitar go to other side first! Faitar cross bridge of double-u's contraption!"

As he reaches the bridge he vaguely remembers the mangled dwarf in the trap. While he's not the brightest of the kobolds following KING TORG!!, he has enough presence of mind to produce his not-quite-ten foot pole and tap the walkway with it, trying to find a safe path for crossing it.

MOVE! Faitar runs to the bridge
DO! Faitar uses the dungeon skill to safely cross the bridge

B: 9 (Bash), E: 3 (Hide), E: 5 (Dungeon), R: 6 (Athlete), Edge: Troll Blood, Bogey: Plain Stupid
Left: Big Shield, Right: Iron Skillet, Body: -, Extra: 10 Foot Pole
Hits:9, Move:2, CD:2, VP:0
Human words known: -

full character sheet

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Sep 4, 2014

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Goozai, A-1

B: 6+2=8 E: 7+2=9 E: 7 R: 4 Edge: Full of Traits (Giant Blood, Highly Intelligent) Bogey: Schizo
Left: Ladle (1 DAM, +COOK) Right: Body: Discarded Kid's Clothes (1 HIT) Extra: 10' pole (+DUNGEON)
Hits: 9 Move: 9 CD: 4 VP: 0

"Ayy, gently caress you, Faitar," Goozai snaps. Clearly, Goozai was a Better Kobold than that guff Faitar. He'd be the one to get the most babies for King Torg (ALL HAIL KING TORG!!), and he'd do it by hitting that teleporty thingy with his hefty pole.

Goozai will move to A-4 and Dungeon! the teleporter. Also Snitching on Faitar for failing to hail.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Punchy, A-1

"Duhhr, we needsa babies for King Torg (ALL HAIL KING TORG!!), der dunt we? Lets get tsa babies for da King Torg (ALL HAIL KING TORG!!) before da babbies grows up to be da humans.

MOVE! to B5
DO! Roll Dungeon to cross the bridge towards babbytown.

B:9 (WRASSLE) E:5 (HIDE) e:4 (COWER) R:1 (FAST) Edge: TROLL BLOOD Bogey: TASTES LIKE BABY
Left: DEAD RAT: 0 DAM, - Foul Smelling Right: Item: BOOZE Body: LEATHER JACKET Extra:
Hits:6 Move: 4 CD: 1 VP: 3

Whats my CD? Also, do you want us to Orokos these rolls, or would you like to do them yourself?

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 3, 2014

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
CD is equal to R. So in your case: one (1). That's this many.

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 3, 2014

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
Snips the Gourmet

"I remember a few years ago. King Torg (ALL HAIL KING TORG!!) threw us some baby scraps! Delicious! Best meal ever! King Torg (ALL HAIL KING TORG!!) is the best king!"

Snips scrambles out of the cavern after the others, chasing along. He's a bit slower, sure, but he knows a good meal when he sees it. Only the plumpest of babies will do.

Snips moves to A4 also. Will also DUNGEON on the teleporter if there's anything left to do.

B:6 E:7 E:4 R:8 Edge: Winning Smile Bogey: Wizard's Lab Experiment
Left: Short Spear Right: Empty Body: Cape Extra: Ring of Human Speaking
Hits:6 Move:4 CD:8 VP:3
Human Words Known: None without ring
Skills: WRASSLE, Traps, Dungeon, Throw

IPlayVideoGames fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Sep 3, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Smugly Of SinkPit A-1

"Oh yes, Baby Scraps and no Sink Pit. No Sink Pit again. We get it fast and then King Torg(ALL HAIL KING TORG) give us things and not send us to sink pits! This is good, but first I need thing for me. I get thing!" Smugly runs after the others a little bit slower than the others due to the rusty wagon squeaking along behind him. He deftly maneuvers toward the junk pile FULL OF COOL THINGS!

Move! to the junk pile at A6; Do! Search the pile for stuff!

quote:

B: 11 E: 6 E: 7 R: 11 Edge:GIANT BLOOD Bogey:TASTES LIKE BABY
Left: Right:MILITARY KITCHEN FORK Body:BEER-BARREL ARMOR Extra: RUSTY WAGON
Hits: 11 Move: 7 CD: 11 VP: 0
Human words known "Food","Dog","You","Get","Help","Attack"

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Sep 4, 2014

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Snitch! on Axe-man, improper hailing.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

O.K. the update will be up tomorrow night. Probably late because I have my weekly game tomorrow night. This is to give any stragglers a chance to post.

However I got some things to take care of first.

No one will be penalized for mistakes they made this turn. However, I am awarding Foo snitching points for pointing out two offenses. Goozai gets 4vp.

Mustache Ride, in light of the oversight on my part, you get 2vps. I have rectified the situation with a new chart. Its in the rules post and it is here:

Also here is what the kobolds will look like when the map is updated:

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Round 1

Goozai rushes out of the cave and heads to the Teleportation symbol. He begins to inspect the symbol and he goes poof! He then finds himself just north of the town, West Nowhere. He seems to be in front of a decrepit human building and the town pub.

Smugly Of SinkPit runs over to the pile of junk. He plunges his hands in and pulls out a pair of brass gloves, including bracers, covered in feathers and shaped into nasty metal chicken claws.

Faitar runs to the bridge and manages to cross it.

Snips the Gourmet goes over to the mysterious teleportation symbol. Unaware of what happened to Gozai, he steps on the symbol. He finds himself in town in the middle of the street.

Punchy Runs to the bridge. When there, he manages to get across safely.

Round 1 is over.

Goozai is at F8
Smugly is at A6 and has something. He will not know what he has until he puts the gauntlets on.
Faitar and Punchy crossed the bridge and are at D5.
Snips is now at H2

Map:

Kobolds are labeled by their first initial. Except for Snips the Gourmet. Since Smugly had S, I gave Snips a chef's toque.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Snips the Gourmet

Whoa. The last time Snips felt this disoriented was when Magister Megillicus made him drink a quart of liquidized Teleportanium. After staggering about, he picks one of the nearest buildings to stumble to, looking for a dark place to sit for a minute.

Updated my move and combat dice stat from the chart.
MOVE! to G3
DO! Peer inside a window or something if possible. If not, barge in.

Hits:6 Move:2 CD:2 VP:3

IPlayVideoGames fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 6, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Punchy, A-1

"Faitar, we bust pass de chikens to get to da hummans. Stey b after me, me protract you of da chikens.

MOVE! to F6
DO! WRASSLE a chicken.

B:9 (WRASSLE) E:5 (HIDE) e:4 (COWER) R:1 (FAST) Edge: TROLL BLOOD Bogey: TASTES LIKE BABY
Left: DEAD RAT: 0 DAM, - Foul Smelling Right: Item: BOOZE Body: LEATHER JACKET Extra:
Hits:6 Move: 2 CD: 1 VP: 5

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Noboldy

"Target located. Launch MEAT-SEEKING MISSILE! ALL HAIL KING TORG!!"
Noboldy yanks on a cord attached to some contraption attached to his back.

Jetpack MOVE to F4 (+3 movement. fly over stuff, but each use is a KHDC)

B:10 (WRASSLE) E:8 (TRACK) E:3 (COWER) R:7 (STEAL) Edge: EXTRA EYEBALL Bogey: TASTES LIKE BABY
Left: DEAD RAT: 0 DAM, - Foul Smelling Right: Item: JETPACK Body: BEER-BARREL ARMOR Extra:
Hits:10 Move: 2 CD: 7 VP:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Faitar, C/D-5

"Yes, Punchy go take care of chikkuns. Faitar make sure no more chikkuns in dere.", Faitar says as he rushes towards the shed.

MOVE! Faitar moves to the Shed of Mystery in D6 and tries to enter through the door. If necessary, he'll DO! his bash skill to gain entry somewhere somehow.

B: 9 (Bash), E: 3 (Hide), E: 5 (Dungeon), R: 6 (Athlete), Edge: Troll Blood, Bogey: Plain Stupid

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 6, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Smugly, A6

"Yes! I find! I find! Now, " Smugly quickly put it in his wagon and then looked at the weird thing that the others had gone into. The wagon would be hard to get across the bridge, but that thing could do easy. This was going to be so smart.

Hobbling over to the thing on the ground that made all the noise and made things go away, Smugly jumped on top of it to make it work super good.

Move! A4 Teleporter
Dungeon! on Teleporter to make it work!

quote:

Left: Right:MILITARY KITCHEN FORK Body:BEER-BARREL ARMOR Extra: RUSTY WAGON + Gauntlets

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Goozai, F-8

"OH MAN CHECK OUT DIS HOUSE I BET THERE ARE BABIES IN DIS HOUSE!!" Goozai excitedly runs North into a Mysterious House!

B: 6+2=8 E: 7+2=9 E: 7 R: 4 Edge: Full of Traits (Giant Blood, Highly Intelligent) Bogey: Schizo
Left: Ladle (1 DAM, +COOK) Right: Body: Discarded Kid's Clothes (1 HIT) Extra: 10' pole (+DUNGEON)
Hits: 9 Move: 2 CD: 1 VP: 0

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Round 2

Goozai goes into the mystery house. He spies a witch in the house. She sits at a table looking directly at him. In the one corner is her cauldron. Next to the cauldron is a baby in a iron cage/cradle. Fortunately for Goozai, there is no top to the cage making it easy to grab the baby. Now all he had to do was to get over there without the witch stopping him.

Smugly Of SinkPit after tossing the gauntlets into the wagon, Smugly goes over to the teleport symbol. Whoosh, he disappears and ends up on the street in the town.

Faitar runs to the shed of misery. He kicks the door open and goes inside. There inside at the other end of the shed is a baby in a cradle. All alone and unguarded.

Snips the Gourmet Peers into the window of the house. He spots a human lady and also a baby. MMMMMMM, baby.

Punchy sees the chickens and decides that the feathered menace must be destroyed by any means necessary (thought preferably through violence). He tries to wrassle a chicken, but the chicken avoids his grasp. The other chickens look at Punchy and they don't look pleased.

Noboldy being the daredevilish sort decides to start things off by blasting off with his jetpack. He rockets over the freaking landscape only to land between two cows. The cows look mildly annoyed with him.

Round 2 is over.

When kobolds are inside a building to move in the house is the same as the outside in regards to squares. You can either say what square in the building you're on or the location of the building.

Goozai sees the witch, the witch sees Goozai and Goozai sees a baby ripe for the taking.

Smugly goes to the teleport symbol and goes to square H4.

Faitar kicks the door in and he sees an unguarded baby in a cradle at the other end of the building.

Snips peers into the house and sees a lady and a baby. Because of this bit of forethought and due to the fact that I didn't have to draw another map this turn, Snips gets 2 vps and a bonus die on the first rollable action he does in the house.

Punchy fails to wrestle a chicken. Note for chicken wrestlers, the little bastards have a CD of 4. They are tough to catch.

Noboldy joins the game in a blast of flames. He rockets across the map. He also takes one KHDC. The DEATH DICE decide to let him live.

Maps

E8

D6

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 14, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Punchy, A-1

Focusting really REALLY hard on the chicken that slipped between his grabbers, Punchy lashed out with his fists, hoping to crush the chicken skull between his fist and the ground.

DO! FOCUS ATTACK a chicken.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Snips the Gourmet - G3

Snips stares in the window at the tasty bundle of joy and wipes away some errant slobber. King Torg (ALL HAIL KING TORG!!) would be so pleased!

In the course of the many experiments, usually involving ingesting various potions, Megillicus insisted that Snips thoroughly brush his teeth between each test. 'To avoid contamination' as was explained, though Snips had no idea what the heck that meant. Regardless, as a result, the kobold has a fabulous smile, and it's that set of pristine pearly whites that are likely seen first by the woman in the house as he walks in.

"Hi! I...uh...I...there someone in chickens! You should look! Don't worry! I watch over baby!" he broadly smiles at the woman, trying to not drool all over himself at being so close to the baby.

DO! Enter house at G3. SMILE at the woman. Rat out poor Punchy (assuming Snips could hear all the chicken stuff happening).

Hits:6 Move:2 CD:2 VP:5

IPlayVideoGames fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 10, 2014

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Faitar, D-6 (inside: D-2)

Faitar lets out a sigh of relief when he doesn't see any chickens inside the shed. Then he realizes what is actually in there. A baby! Bringing it back to King Torg (ALL HAIL KING TORG!!) will bring more glory to Faitar's name and King Torg (ALL HAIL KING TORG!!) will be satisfied - as long as the baby doesn't taste like chicken.

MOVE! and MOVE! to get to the baby at A-2. Then DO MORE! to grab it and hold it safely.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Noboldy

"Move it cows! You are useless in a BBQ!" Noboldy says, eyeing (with all three of his eyes) the nearby house. He occasionally squats down into his beer barrel armor as he sneaks toward the front door and opens it.

Moving to and entering Human House #2 at G5

B:10 (WRASSLE) E:8 (TRACK) E:3 (COWER) R:7 (STEAL) Edge: EXTRA EYEBALL Bogey: TASTES LIKE BABY
Left: DEAD RAT: 0 DAM, - Foul Smelling Right: Item: JETPACK Body: BEER-BARREL ARMOR Extra:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Goozai, Mysterious House

"OH MY VOR IT'S A BABY," Goozai hollers in Kobold, and proceeds to try to grab the baby as fast as his fat stupid kobold legs will allow. Never mind that witch.

Move NW, Move N, DUNGEON the cage to get the baby out.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Smugly, H4

"Oh yes! It work good!" Smugly says and ran toward the blue roofed house, pushing into the door the wagon clanking behind him!

Move! To I6
Do! Enter building!

quote:

Left: Right:MILITARY KITCHEN FORK Body:BEER-BARREL ARMOR Extra: RUSTY WAGON + Gauntlets

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Round 3

Goozai, inflamed with the scent of baby in his nostrils, avoids the witch and goes right for the baby. The Witch watches unsure of what is going on. Goozai grabs the baby. The witch yells at Goozai in human. She points at the baby and then points at the crib as though he was supposed to do something.

Smugly Of SinkPit goes into the house. He finds that there are two big humans sitting at a table in the middle of the room. A fire is burning in the fireplace and the sun is coming through the windows. In another room he can smell a baby. The humans haven't taken notice of him yet.

Faitar running up to the crib, Faitar reaches for the baby, but then realizes that its a trap. Its not a real baby! Instead its a monster disguised as a baby. The baby mimic attacks Faitar with its tentacles. The tentacles lash at Faitar.

Snips the Gourmet attempts to distract the human by snitching on another kobold. The woman looks concerned and heads over to a nearby window distracting her. With her attention distracted, Snips is free to grab the baby.

Punchy refuses to let the chicken win, he goes after it again. He attempts a focused attack on the chicken, but fails to grab it. The chicken then tries to peck him, but also fails.

Noboldy goes into the human house. He finds an old human and a baby. The old human says something to Noboldy, but it is merely human gibberish.

Meant to post yesterday, but I wasn't feeling well.

Remember retreating from a fight costs a KHDC.

Goozai goes up to to baby and grabs the baby. Witch yells at him.

Smugly sees two humans in the house and knows the baby is in the next room.

Faitar got attacked by the baby mimic, Faitar takes 3 DAM from the mimic attack.

Punchy misses the chicken again. The chicken fails to hit Punchy.

Noboldy finds a baby and an old man in the house.

Maps

E-8

I-4

D-6

G-5

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Punchy, A-1

These chickens are starting to fight back, huh? Well now we're going to roast them.

DO! FOCUS ATTACK a chicken. Again.

Anyway to increase my odds?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Faitar, D-6 (inside: B-2)

What's happening? Do babies always do this? Faitar doesn't know much, but he's fairly sure they don't. This is treas... retch... foul play. Whatever this is, killing it will bring more fame to Faitar's name and to the name of King Torg (ALL HAIL KING TORG!!)! He winds up for a mighty blow with the skillet he looted from the dwarf's corpse. If such a weapon is good for a dwarf, it's good enough for Faitar.

KILL! POWER ATTACK! 3+2 DAM if it connects.

Left: Big Shield (9/12 Armor hits), Right: Iron Skillet (3 DAM), Body: -, Extra: 10 Foot Pole

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Snips the Gourmet - In G3

Whistling and smiling at everything as the woman looks out the window, Snips strolls across the room as casually as possible before grabbing one tasty plump baby and making a break for it. "CHEESE IT, PUNCHY! JIG IS UP!" he shouts as he hauls out of the building towards the corn.

DO! Grab baby.
MOVE! out the house and make for the corn field. I'm not sure if leaving the house counts as a move or not so end at F3 or E3 depending.

B:6 E:7 E:4 R:8 Edge: Winning Smile Bogey: Wizard's Lab xperiment

IPlayVideoGames fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 16, 2014

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Goozai, Mysterious House

"BABY BABY I GOTS A BABY FOR KING TORG (ALL HAIL KING TORG!!) OUT OF THE WAY!" Goozai blabbers aimlessly as he heads back to the cave ASAP.

MOVE! to the door, and then leave.

Left: Ladle (1 DAM, +COOK) Right: BABY Body: Discarded Kid's Clothes (1 HIT) Extra: 10' pole (+DUNGEON)

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Noboldy, Inside G-5

Noboldy's eyes dart between the old man and the baby, hurrying to make a decision. Clearly, the man was some sort of wizard or ancient protector of children, and would need to be dealt with. With a quick dive and quicker battle-cry ("Die!"), Noboldy tries to overtake and subdue the old man.

DO! WRASSLE an old man.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Smugly, I6: Inside D3

Sniffing the air, Smugly saw the two hoomans, and being the better kobold he instantly squatted down trying to look like something harmless, like a rat. He starts sneaking toward the tasty baby, and that was all that was important, moving easily toward it.

Move! Sneak! to D2 and grab baby!

quote:

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Round 4

Goozai goes for the door. As he reaches the door the human woman says something. Goozai hears splat and finds himself covered in a white, sticky fluid. He gets out of the house.

Smugly Of SinkPit sneaks up to the baby's cradle. He grabs the baby and then realizes that the parents of the baby noticed him. They begin to approach Smugly.

Faitar gathers up his strength and hits the baby mimic. The mimic then hits Faitar. Faitar can tell the creature is definitely hurting.

Snips the Gourmet grabs the baby, but doesn't get as far as he thought he would. The human woman is in hot pursuit.

Punchy goes on an all out attack. He attempts to capture the chicken a couple of times, while the chicken tried to scratch him. Punchy manages to grab the chicken before the chicken could attack him. Punchy shoves the chicken into his mouth. The other chickens don't attack. Would Punchy fight those chickens too?

Noboldy goes for the old man and pushes him down. After which he follows up with biting the old man. The old man then tries to hit Noboldy with his cane, but misses.

For being such a slacker I'll penalize myself 6 vps.

Goozai gets out of the house, but now he is affected by Lord Elmer's Ball of Glue. He is covered in glue, yes glue, which means Reflex rolls are 1 die harder and he can't put anything down. This lasts for 8 turns.

Smugly has two angry parents approaching him.

Faitar gives out some damage and then got attacked by the baby mimic again. Faitar takes 3 DAM from the mimic attack.

Snips, can't leave the square he's in. Grabbing the baby and getting to the door takes up his moves. He can start outside the house next turn.

Punchy used the fighting montage rules. I decided this was the easiest way of finishing this fight. Basically I kept going back and forth between Punchy and the chicken, rolling to see who hit who. Punchy just needed to hit the chicken once, whereas the chicken would have to hit a lot more. Punchy got the first hit and ate the chicken. He gets 3 vps for killing the chicken and 3 vps for being an example of how a fighting montage works.

Noboldy wrassles the man down and bites him. The old man fails to hit him. And Noboldy takes a 2nd KHDC for not having the correct stats listed. He has 2 cd, not 7. He passes the check.

Maps

I4

G5

Didn't update indoor maps for anyone who didn't move.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Faitar, D-6 (inside: B-2)

This is working. Hide behind the big shield and wait for the right moment to hit it with the big iron skillet and make it count. It worked once, so it will work again!

AGAIN! KILL! POWER ATTACK! 3+2 DAM if it connects.

Left: Big Shield (6/12 Armor hits), Right: Iron Skillet (3 DAM), Body: -, Extra: 10 Foot Pole

[/quote]

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Noboldy, G-5/C-4

"Victory is mine!" Nobodly shouts, grabbing at the wizard's magical staff. First this, then the baby!

DO! Uhhh whatever it is to disarm.

Hits:10 Move: 2 CD: 2 VP:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Punchy, A-1

"GWAI HAWV AF CHIFKEFN NAWV"

Punchy yells through the chicken's neck stuffed in his mouth. However he soon hears Noboldy's scream about victory, and takes a peek in the house, leaving the other chickens to their wretched fate. Peeking in the house, he spots a baby in a crib! Not bothering Noboldy and his fight with the wizard, Punchy, still holding on to his mouth-chicken, approaches the baby and starts punching the cage until it releases its prize.

Move to G-5, enter house, move to B1
DUNGEON the baby-cage open

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Snips the Gourmet - G3

Oh gosh. Why did Snips have to eat that extra plate of snails and puppy dog tails before going out on this mission? He hoofs toward the corn, away from the angry woman chasing him.

DO! Regret breakfast choices
MOVE! to E3

B:6 E:7 E:4 R:8 Edge: Winning Smile Bogey: Wizard's Lab xperiment

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Goozai, E-8

"EW ICK WHAT NO GROSS GET ME OUT OF HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE," Goozai screeches as he heads back to the cave as fast as he can go! (It isn't very fast.[/b]

MOVE! to D6

Left: Ladle (1 DAM, +COOK) Right: BABY Body: Discarded Kid's Clothes (1 HIT) Extra: 10' pole (+DUNGEON)
Glue glue glueeeeeeeeeeee

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Smugly, I6: Inside D1

He grabbed the baby and held it high above his head and did a little dance on the space. Smugly saw the long haired big thing coming after its baby again. He grabbed it and barked, "No, Mine! Well King Torg's!(ALL HAIL KING TORG!!!)" Looking across the room he saw the window and made his way there. Running as fast as he can to escape the big monster protecting their young!

Move! Moving from D1 to B1, Do! Go through the Window!

quote:

Left: Right:MILITARY KITCHEN FORK Body:BEER-BARREL ARMOR Extra: RUSTY WAGON + Gauntlets + BABY
Hits: 11 Move: 2 CD: 11 VP: 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Round 5

Goozai keeps running. He goes by the shed and sees a fight in the shed.

Smugly Of SinkPit presents an obscene gesture at the humans and goes for the window. He climbs out the window and gets outside. The baby doesn't die!

Faitar brings the pain and slams the pan into the baby mimic. The skillet smashes the fake baby and fake crib with bits of blood and gore fly everywhere. Faitar notices that Goozai is behind him and he has a baby. Maybe he could "help" Goozai get the baby to King Torg (ALL HAIL KING TORG!!).

Snips the Gourmet runs out of the house and into the cornfield. He thought he was safe in the cornfield, until the freaky albino children showed up. Three of them. They attack Snips. And they all miss.

Punchy decides to give up on the chickens and to go for a baby. He runs into the building where Noboldy went.

Noboldy continues to wrestle the man and bites the old man again, which kills the old man.

New House rule No Retreat, No Surrender. Kobolds have no word for retreat. When they fight, they fight until their opponent or they die. Kobolds who run from a fight are punished with a KHDC. The exceptions to this are if a kobold has cowardice or they're holding a baby.

This rule is now officially part of the rules whereas before it was just assumed.

Goozai is passing by the shed with the witch following behind him.

Smugly escapes the house by climbing out the window. He succeeds in climbing out the window and he succeeds in not getting a baby negligence check. However, Smugly's Move was incorrect, so he gets a KHDC. This is his first and he passes.

Faitar kills the baby mimic gets himself 4 vp. Faitar can leave the shed this turn and move the next.

Snips runs into the cornfield. Unbeknownst to the kobolds the cornfield is a scary place with scary things roaming it. Snips runs into one of those scary things. Three albino children. The children can't hit worth a drat though. Since he has a baby, he can choose to run or fight.

Punchy goes to house where Noboldy is. He runs inside. Punchy also violated House rule #20. He failed to adhere to posting standards. He gets a KHDC. This is his first and he passes the check.

Noboldy would have disarmed the man, but I decided it would be easier to just have Noboldy kill the old man. He gets 2 vps. Noboldy also knows Punchy just entered the house as well.

Maps

House G-5

• Locked thread