Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Did Fakers team not make it? I watched a little of OGN and SKT was tearing it up, but I don't see them in the tournament finals page?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
SKT T1 K was knocked out by NaJin White Shield. The Korean teams going to Worlds are Samsung Blue, Samsung White, and NaJin White Shield.

And honestly, that's for the best. SKT T1 K has been looking really bad lately. Faker's been their best player by far, but even he isn't prone to making some really bad mistakes.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Did Fakers team not make it? I watched a little of OGN and SKT was tearing it up, but I don't see them in the tournament finals page?

Nope, his team got crushed first by samsung white in the set for the second seed, then by najin shield for the third seed so no faker in worlds.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Austrian mook posted:

SKT slumped really hard in the Spring Split and haven't recovered. Faker still looks really good, though it's now arguable he's no longer the best mid in the world; Dade and Pawn can at least contest that title, it's more that Bengi and Mandu have really fallen off. They lost to Najin White Shield for the Korean 3rd seed to worlds.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

OnGamers has an extended interview with Doublelift. Really gives some perspective on how bad things got for CLG. It shows how big the psychology of the team was with regards to their gigantic tilt spree.

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Faker still looks really good, though it's now arguable he's no longer the best mid in the world; Dade and Pawn can at least contest that title, it's more that Bengi and Mandu have really fallen off.

Faker's still the best because of his highly diverse champion pool, but it's only a matter of time before dade and Pawn catch up.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 2, 2014

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

Vermain posted:

Faker's still the best because of his highly diverse champion pool, but it's only a matter of time before dade and Pawn catch up.

I doubt it. Are they magically going to expand their champ pools even though they've already been pros for years. Faker will probably still be the best till another phenom like him pops up who can also play amazingly well on so many different mids.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Vermain posted:

They both surpassed Faker in the last two splits. Faker is like Madlife used to be, constantly discussed as the best in the world at his position yet constantly beaten soundly by other top players who are seemingly never discussed. He wasn't even one of the best midlaners in OGN this split, and he wasn't even in the MVP discussion. I'd take Dade, Pawn, Rookie and Ggoong over him considering how they have played against each other and performance against similar levels of competition in the last six months.

How many times did Pawn solo kill Faker in the tiebreaker series? It must have been like 4 or 5 times.

T1K's record since Summer Split began is 5 wins 12 losses. If you include Spring Split it is 9 wins and 18 losses, and Faker wasn't a top mid player in that split either, bringing in only 1 game MVP Award the entire split and not finishing on leaderboard for mid lane KDA. It's really just last year's World Championships and OGN Winter which his reputation is cemented off of. And he tends to make like one big play every game involving a split second Flash kill or something which everyone remembers, but he rarely exerts pressure on the other lanes of the map while his opponents often do and he often gets big CS advantages but does nothing with it.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I was solidly in the "Faker is the best player in the world" camp until I saw Pawn absolutely demolish him, unassisted, three games in a row in their set against White.

Part of that was the picks, but still; if you're the best player in the world, you're succeeding even when you don't have the best matchup.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I wonder if Lustboy will go on a tilt from Riot not interviewing him yesterday during the victory ceremony.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I wonder if Lustboy will go on a tilt from Riot not interviewing him yesterday during the victory ceremony.

Let's be real the only person tilting in that series was named Hai.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sexpansion posted:

Let's be real the only person tilting in that series was named Hai.

I don't really think so. Maybe his wind wall that final battle could have been better but the real issue was how far behind Balls got as the game went on. Dude got chunked down hard before the team could even engage and then died.

I mean, Hai managed to combo his ult with Lemon to catch Bjergsen and Dyrus and pretty much exploded Dyrus. What is he supposed to do when his front line just collapses?

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 2, 2014

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Hypocrisy posted:

I don't really think so. Maybe his wind wall that final battle could have been better but the real issue was how far behind Balls got as the game went on. Dude got chunked down hard before the team could even engage and then died.

I mean, Hai managed to combo his ult with Lemon to catch Bjergsen and Dyrus and pretty much exploded Dyrus. What is he supposed to do when his front line just collapses?

Mostly I just meant game 2. If Hai had played slightly better in that game, C9 would have 3-0ed TSM.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
New thread huh? Just want to point out that esportspedia is definitively more reliable and accurate than leaguepedia, curse really dropping the ball.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Frgrbrgr posted:

New thread huh? Just want to point out that esportspedia is definitively more reliable and accurate than leaguepedia, curse really dropping the ball.

It looks like esportspedia has improved a lot in the last month. I stopped using it because so many of the links on it were broken. It doesn't seem to have that problem anymore.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
So Liquid112 is doing an AMA on Reddit right now, and he's given a definitive answer about what would happen if Curse Academy qualified for the LCS:

quote:

Per Riot rules, I am forbid from owning/managing or having any involvement with two teams in the league (I believe the new rules are available online). Because of this, I will be forced to sell the team. I've grown really close to some of the players, so I'm not looking forward to it. In all honesty, I never started challenger teams in the hope to make money from it. I did it because I wanted a place for benched members to go, have a sister team to practice, have a feeder team into the main team to keep pressure on the players to preform well and stay motivated. Now having two of the top challenger teams, selling them has become a reality. I did an interview with Travis and article is going live tomorrow with all the pricing estimates, costs and details.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

What is that referencing to?

In other news, Riot has banned SK coach Incarnati0n from attending Worlds according to their support nRated. Riot being arbitrary? :shrug:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's referencing the fact that they didn't interview him when TSM won. He had the microphone but passed over him and did everyone else on the team.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Thanks, didn't watch completely to the end since it was like ~ 2:30 am when the games finished.

lovely of Riot.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Dervyn posted:

What is that referencing to?

In other news, Riot has banned SK coach Incarnati0n from attending Worlds according to their support nRated. Riot being arbitrary? :shrug:

http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1122163

he a bad man

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Dervyn posted:

Thanks, didn't watch completely to the end since it was like ~ 2:30 am when the games finished.

lovely of Riot.

I think it's pretty nice of Riot since the last I saw of Lustboy the man was barely willing to talk on stream much less give a small interview in front of a giant live crowd.

Man, what's with teams and hiring permabanned players as coaches? Are they the only ones willing to do the work at the price? Actually, that makes a lot of sense.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 3, 2014

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Yeah it's entirely possible he asked not to be interviewed because he may not be entirely comfortable having advanced discussions in English outside of basic in-game chat type stuff.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Yeah, but Riot let him coach SK for two splits and didn't bar him from interacting backstage with them then. It just seems really arbitrary that they decided to enforce this part of the rule now.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
If Riot has a good enough reason to permaban someone from competitive play then I have no problem with that person not being able to coach either. League is a young e-sport and I'm sure there are lots of rules that still need to be put into place that aren't there yet, so it's not crazy that Riot is still regulating their game.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I'm pretty sure someone over in the OGN or KeSPA side of the organization wants nothing to do with the inclusion of a permabanned player at their event and the possible media shitstorm it could stir up

Jessie Tanner
Jan 18, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

If Riot has a good enough reason to permaban someone from competitive play then I have no problem with that person not being able to coach either. League is a young e-sport and I'm sure there are lots of rules that still need to be put into place that aren't there yet, so it's not crazy that Riot is still regulating their game.

I agree, the problem however is the inconsistency in how they do things. As has been already stated, Incarnati0n has been allowed to coach SK for 2 splits already. Making this new rule just before worlds is mind-boggling to me. At least let him coach them for worlds and then make the rule for the new split. It's like Nick Allen gets off on loving with teams.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Jessie Tanner posted:

I agree, the problem however is the inconsistency in how they do things. As has been already stated, Incarnati0n has been allowed to coach SK for 2 splits already. Making this new rule just before worlds is mind-boggling to me. At least let him coach them for worlds and then make the rule for the new split. It's like Nick Allen gets off on loving with teams.

I think Riot said they have never previously recognized him in any official capacity. They can't prevent organizations from hiring their own personnel. Do you know if they've actually been letting him back stage at LCS?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Previous Jesus posted:

I think Riot said they have never previously recognized him in any official capacity. They can't prevent organizations from hiring their own personnel. Do you know if they've actually been letting him back stage at LCS?

Yes, they have.

RiotNickAllen posted:

Currently the LCS doesn't officially recognize team coaches, however, coaches will be officially recognized for Worlds. Permabanned players like Incarnation are disqualified from being officially recognized as a coach. During the split, Incarnation was given access to the LCS studio as a team guest, not an official team member.

As it relates to Worlds, we will be limiting Worlds stage, backstage, and practice room access to just official team members. Incarnation can attend Worlds just like any other player, but he will not have direct access to the team in the aforementioned areas.

Source

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Libertine posted:

Yeah it's entirely possible he asked not to be interviewed because he may not be entirely comfortable having advanced discussions in English outside of basic in-game chat type stuff.

From what I understand, Lustboy, like a lot of people, has much better written ability and listening comprehension spoken ability. This is often compounded in Asia by relative lack of fluent English speakers to practice with as well as a reserved nature.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
SK will be fine they were probably told two days in advance :v:

saiyr
May 23, 2004

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Yes, they have.

Source

That post seems arbitrary...the entire reason they able to fine Reginald was because the LCS rules consider coaches to be "Team Members".

quote:

6.1 General Venue Access
Access for LCS teams to the restricted areas of venues for official LCS matches is restricted to owners, managers, coaches, Starters, and Reserve players (“Team Members”) only, unless otherwise approved, in advance, by LCS. Permission to attend LCS matches is solely at the discretion of LCS.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Libertine posted:

Kobe actually tweeted that he had an approved list of people to ask questions to and Lustboy wasn't on it, but that it was a mistake and he should have confirmed.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
You'd think they'd hire translators for interviews for marquee events like this considering how common it is for players to switch regions.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

saiyr posted:

That post seems arbitrary...the entire reason they able to fine Reginald was because the LCS rules consider coaches to be "Team Members".

Reginald owns TSM. That's how they can differentiate it.

saiyr
May 23, 2004

Hypocrisy posted:

Reginald owns TSM. That's how they can differentiate it.

Err yeah, I'm an idiot. But the rules technically don't distinguish between the two, as they are both "team members".

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014

Crazy Larry posted:

You'd think they'd hire translators for interviews for marquee events like this considering how common it is for players to switch regions.

TSM's coach Locodoco, whom helped bring Lustboy over, could easily done it in a pinch. Heck, how hard would it be to just simply ask him how happy he must be? Doesn't even need to be a long and complex question.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If Tabe can learn to speak in English and sing for us, so can Lustboy :colbert:

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Dervyn posted:

TSM's coach Locodoco, whom helped bring Lustboy over, could easily done it in a pinch. Heck, how hard would it be to just simply ask him how happy he must be? Doesn't even need to be a long and complex question.

I was meaning more that Riot should hire translators for interviews. Seems like it would be a good move on their part to help showcase the foreign players. Actually, thinking about it, wouldn't they more or less need to have translators on hand to handle stuff like technical difficulties, rule clarifications and the like?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
http://www.twitch.tv/superch1ll So for anyone who cares, this guy is streaming Froggen SoloQ in Korea. At the moment, Froggen's account is still doing placements with Diamond 3 MMR, but he just absolutely wrecked a game playing as ADC with Kog'Maw.

EDIT: Seems he's doing Alliance in general, since he just started streaming a match with Wickd and Shook. Again with them playing out of position Support Nami and Mid Zed respectively.

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Sep 3, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Crazy Larry posted:

I was meaning more that Riot should hire translators for interviews. Seems like it would be a good move on their part to help showcase the foreign players. Actually, thinking about it, wouldn't they more or less need to have translators on hand to handle stuff like technical difficulties, rule clarifications and the like?
They do have translators though? They have them on a semi-regular basis, sometimes they come from the team and sometimes they're Rioters. They don't interview LMQ every single time, but they did it a couple times over the season.

AdjectiveNoun posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/superch1ll So for anyone who cares, this guy is streaming Froggen SoloQ in Korea. At the moment, Froggen's account is still doing placements with Diamond 3 MMR, but he just absolutely wrecked a game playing as ADC with Kog'Maw.

EDIT: Seems he's doing Alliance in general, since he just started streaming a match with Wickd and Shook. Again with them playing out of position Support Nami and Mid Zed respectively.
I think last time Froggen did this in Korea he was something like top 15 players in the leaderboard. Froggen is one of the few players I'd consider as good as Koreans or Chinese mid-laners, he just doesn't play assassins very often. Seeing him whoop rear end as Anivia against a Zed in a losing matchup was just awe inspiring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
The reason Incarnati0n can't go is because they're playing by Rito Korea's rules, which are way more strict and specifically ban anyone who isn't a manager or actively playing from getting anywhere near the actual computers. Regi, for example, will have to sit in the crowd until they win/lose, at which point he can actually do things.

• Locked thread