Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
LGD seem pretty cool, I think I'ma follow them as well as OMG in China

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
If you didnt watch Jin Air vs Samsung you missed a crazy game 2 and also this insane lulu/lee sin engage play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqlJ5-XdABU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

If you didnt watch Jin Air vs Samsung you missed a crazy game 2 and also this insane lulu/lee sin engage play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqlJ5-XdABU

And also :siren: TOPLANE MORGANA :siren: . I wonder how long it'll take for that to trickle into soloqueue.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I think fnatic did it several months ago so probably 2 to 4 weeks

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Transient People posted:

And also :siren: TOPLANE MORGANA :siren: . I wonder how long it'll take for that to trickle into soloqueue.

Don't forget a successful use of SUPPORT SYNDRA too

VVVV Yeah, don't know what I was thinking

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 10, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Don't forget a successful use of SUPPORT LEBLANC too

Don't you mean Syndra? Unless I missed a Day One game Support LB showed up nowhere.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Sexpansion posted:

Oh God I am so ready for Morgana top to become a thing.

Edit: Azir has a 75% ban rate so far.

Not exactly shocking. If you let him get going he can poo poo out damage and has amazing zone control.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Eve looks like an incredible diamond in the rough right now, his Lee Sin mechanics were InSec like. He'd be stomping in NA or EU with those skills. Everyone on Samsung has A+ mechanics, they just need to work on team synergy, rotation, and objective control. Their team fighting, even when playing from behind, is just awesome.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I watched all the game today. I'm sad that Cpt. Jack didn't play at all, he's really one of the only guys I enjoy seeing on Jin Air. Is he out of the rotation for them? They are a team that has the experience to make a leap this year in a widely inexperienced Korea but they looked really shaky in pre-season and today as well. Samsung looks like they rebuilt with a lot of diamonds in the rough and after enough weeks that team is going to be exceptional. Not much to say about Tigers vs. IM. IM looks like a team that will lose to every single team in Korea and then randomly take a game off of SKT when no one is paying attention.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Libertine posted:

I watched all the game today. I'm sad that Cpt. Jack didn't play at all, he's really one of the only guys I enjoy seeing on Jin Air. Is he out of the rotation for them? They are a team that has the experience to make a leap this year in a widely inexperienced Korea but they looked really shaky in pre-season and today as well. Samsung looks like they rebuilt with a lot of diamonds in the rough and after enough weeks that team is going to be exceptional. Not much to say about Tigers vs. IM. IM looks like a team that will lose to every single team in Korea and then randomly take a game off of SKT when no one is paying attention.

No idea what Jin Air's plan is with Jack and their other subs. They just got the top laner Sky too.

While they looked shaky, it was a step up from their preseason play. Chaser showed up to the games and GBM and Trace had respectable games. And they played smart in all the games aside from some lapses of judgement that lost them game 2 to a really scrappy Samsung team. If Jin Air can continue to clean their game up and play intelligently I think they could have a decent finish.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Jin Air is probably testing out their players when it matters least, it's great that teams can field a player for a specific style. That'd be scarier if the only two teams that had multiple players weren't Jin Air and SKT.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Najin vs KT Rolster just finished - now to see SKT1 destroy CJ

Ohq is making a case for himself as one of or possibly the best AD in Korea now with his play (not that it means much with the mass exodus)

e: I guess SKT1 forgot about objective control

Hell of a series for CJ though

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jan 10, 2015

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Did they announce who was replacing Joe and Deman this season?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
sue me since i haven't read the thread in a long time and don't wanna sift through but does anyone know why SK dropped impact? he seemed so solid last season. or did he choose to leave?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
A ton of people left Korea to make more money in China/USA. I'm not sure about China, but I know that USA also has a much more laid back training regimen.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
So now that we know all the teams, what are people's predictions for Spring Split S5?

NA: (From 1st to 10th)
C9
Liquid
TSM
Winterfox
CLG
Gravity
Impulse
Dignitas
Coast
T8

EU: (From 1st to 10th)
Elements
SK
Roccat
MYM
Gambit
Fnatic
UoL
H2K
CW
Giants

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Did score play for KT? And did he do well?

I won't be able to watch the games until probably Monday.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Score did play for KT.

Impact lost his spot to Marin who vastly outplayed him in their trial matches and I think he didn't want to be a sub.

Second set today was a shocker.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

AdjectiveNoun posted:

So now that we know all the teams, what are people's predictions for Spring Split S5?

NA: (From 1st to 10th)
1 EG
2 Impulse
3 C9
4 Liquid
5 TSM
10 CLG

EU: (From 1st to 10th)
unwatchable garbage

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Libertine posted:

Impact lost his spot to Marin who vastly outplayed him in their trial matches and I think he didn't want to be a sub.

ok thank you.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

With all of the roster changes I have no idea who to root for now. I like Doublelift/Aphromoo so probably will go back to CLG, but not because I think they'll win. I might get on board with Team Liquid (Curse) now that its Piglet/Xpecial bot. If they could replace IWD with someone not garbage they'd have a good chance at first.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Obscurity posted:

With all of the roster changes I have no idea who to root for now. I like Doublelift/Aphromoo so probably will go back to CLG, but not because I think they'll win. I might get on board with Team Liquid (Curse) now that its Piglet/Xpecial bot. If they could replace IWD with someone not garbage they'd have a good chance at first.

If you like America you will support CLG, for with their new lineup they are the most racially diverse team in LCS atm

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Full LPL lineups Revealed for anyone interested in Chinese LoL

Sexpansion posted:

Did score play for KT? And did he do well?

I won't be able to watch the games until probably Monday.

KT had..issues...that series. Not sure how much was Score though

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jan 11, 2015

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
H2k should be a strong contender for last place seeing as how they don't have Febiven anymore.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Wol posted:

H2k should be a strong contender for last place seeing as how they don't have Febiven anymore.

I wouldn't be so sure. They've got Ryu to replace him. Even with the language barrier I'd take them over Giants and CW. I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish ahead of UoL and Nu-Fnatic either, Fnatic's lineup really worries me.

Killed By Death fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jan 11, 2015

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Fnatic and H2K are pretty big question marks now, as they could either synergize okay or not. Likely Fnatics going to stink more because of the huge change and the short notice though, whereas H2K just lost their mid. Though, if Ryu played like he did during his last couple of series they wont get far.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Oh, they got Ryu? That's not too bad then. Hadn't seen that announcement. Agreed that having Ryu probably puts them ahead of a few teams, though I wouldn't go so far as to bet on them against the UoL-calibre teams. They showed a lot of weakness even in the expansion tournament, and that was with the more syndrgistic Febiven on the lineup.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Tier 1 - No ?s with their roster
C9

Tier 2 - Minor concerns they should be able to overcome
TSM
TIP
Liquid

Tier 3 - Plenty of potential
Curse Academy
Winterfox

lol tier
Dig
Coast
T8
CLG

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

AdjectiveNoun posted:

EU is always a clusterfuck so I have no idea, but I will try for NA:

1. C9
2. Winterfox
3. TSM
4. Coast
5. Liquid
6.Impulse
7. Gravity
8.CLG
9. Dignitas
10. T8

Edit: I moved Liquid down because of their new midlaner - I think I was a little too high on them.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jan 12, 2015

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Invalid Validation posted:

Did they announce who was replacing Joe and Deman this season?

What? :smith:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I don't expect them do well, but I'm rooting for Team 8 because they have some of my favorite players. I'm expecting to see Cho top, don't disappoint me!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Thought I read they were going back to ESL, coulda misread though.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Invalid Validation posted:

Thought I read they were going back to ESL, coulda misread though.

Deman is going to ESL. Joe Miller was already contacted out from them. They're both going to work exclusively for ESL now, they'll cast games at ESL events, including but not limited to League.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

AdjectiveNoun posted:

NA.
1. TSM
2. C9
3-10. Doesn't matter.

EU.
1. That Froggen team.
2-10. Doesn't matter.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Uzi moving to OMG, the only team with 5 Chinese players, really does make it look like Uzi absolutely hated playing with the Koreans like the rumors said. (He threatened to quit playing right before worlds because he was having disputes with players on his team)

Something else that's really interesting is how many Chinese teams have 3+ Korean players but are only using 2 on their roster. Especially a team like LGD that has two Koreans for the same position (Acorn & Flame, with Acorn starting)

It seems like Riot was afraid that Koreans would take over NA but it looks like while they weren't paying attention they just swarmed China, with every member of both Samsung team going to a Chinese team, and many more top teams losing players to random Chinese teams. It's so loving weird.

With over 350 pages should we start a Spring 2015 Competitive thread? More information on the teams from the Four regions playing? Fantasy info?

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
I remember reading that Chinese teams have to have 3 Chinese players on their starting roster, which would be why not all the Koreans are starting, but I could be wrong.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Previous Jesus posted:

I remember reading that Chinese teams have to have 3 Chinese players on their starting roster, which would be why not all the Koreans are starting, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, it's the same in all regions, you have to have 3 players on your starting roster who are either residents of that region, or 'Exempt non-residents' who transferred over before the rules were put in place (i.e. TSM Bjergsen, WFX Helios, etc.) I'm surprised Starhorn Royal Club didn't take advantage of the fact that Insec and Zero are exempt non-residents and try to snag some more Koreans to pad out their roster.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Are you sure LPL has the exemption rules? I know they had the "only 2 foreigners" thing long before LCS did so it might not be the same rules.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Redmark posted:

Are you sure LPL has the exemption rules? I know they had the "only 2 foreigners" thing long before LCS did so it might not be the same rules.

You're correct, I misread the part of Riot's Interregional Movement Policy that stated LPL and OGN etc. would develop their own versions of the rules; I'd read it as 'they will use the same basic rules'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I went ahead and made a starter guide to the new Seasons, with roster updates. This is going to be the first time that Riot are co-oping with LPL and OGN so the Korean and Chinese leagues will be broadcast on Riot's official Twitch.tv channel. China specifically will be the region to watch with so many Korean allstars moving over, as well as China's very strong individual players. If SKT doesn't win Season 5, it will be any number of Chinese teams fielding a bunch of Koreans.

The LCS (North America/Europe)
  • The LCS (North America & Europe) has expanded! Each split will now feature 10 teams!
  • A brand new point circuit, to give more importance on performing well all season long.
  • Automatic relegation to the 10th place team, relegation series for 8-9, automatic qualification for first and second, and playoff series for 3-6. The seventh place team goes home and does nothing.

• Large, sweeping roster changes!
  • Cloud9 remains the exception, who retains their entire roster and looks stronger than ever.
  • CLG remains as underwhelming as always, poaching Dig's Scarra and ZionSpartin, and replacing their jungler with former XDG player, Xmithie
  • TSM, the John Cena of E-Sports, has replaced Amazing with a very un-tested Santorin, who led TSM to a defeat by a very recent Challenger-turned-LCS team, Unicorns of Love.
  • Curse Gaming has been re-branded Team Liquid, and gotten sweet new jackets. Liquid picks up Season 3 World Champion, Piglet to replace Cop.
  • Curse Academy has been re-branded Team Gravity (Without sweet jackets). This team is composed mostly of former LCS rejects, lead by Cop and Saint Vicious.
  • LMQ has lost most of its roster and been re-branded Team Impulse. XaioWeiXaio, the only surviving member of LMQ is joined by three relative unknown players and Season 3 World Champion Impact
  • Evil Genius has been re-branded Team Winterfox (With a very sweet logo). The team is officially now 100% Korean players after dumping the inconsistent Innox.
  • Dignitas has lost its start player and best hair NA, Imaqtpie, as well as having top-laner ZionSpartin and Coach Scarra poached by CLG. Replacing the two players are two Koreans, one of which is a former Samsung Blue substitute.
  • Team Coast who never can seem to keep a gimmick, has built a team around EU players Jessiz and Impaler, with former LCS scrubs Sheep, Mash, and Cris filling the roster out
  • Team8 who is actually the only legitimate armature team from the expansion tournament to make it into the LCS, fields four rookie players and Oddone's ugly little brother, Maplestreet

• Copenhagen Wolves replace only one member of their old roster, fielding midlaner SorenXD as Cowtard moves to sub.
  • Alliance has been re-branded Elements without any relation to the mediocre CLG player. The biggest news is the pickup of FNatic's Rekkles as their new ADC
  • FNatic has been rebuilt after all players except YellowStar leave the team, fielding two unknown Korean players and poaching H2k's Febiven.
  • Gambit Gaming has only two remaining members of the original roster, Diamond & EdWard, plus last season's addition NiQ but the two new players on the roster helped carry Gambit to a win at IEM Cologne recently.
  • [bGiants! [/b] is a team of amateurs from Spain, of which I've never heard of nor seen play. It's EU, they'll somehow end up beating the top 3 teams a couple times.
  • H2k Gaming were team of amateurs in the Challenger Scene who looked very strong, until their midlaner was poached by Fnatic. They've replaced him with Ryu, who seemingly grows weaker the further away from Faker he is.
  • Supa Hot Crew XD has unfortunately been re-branded MeetYourMakers and has replaced their jungler with former SKT T1 player H0R0 who does alright regardless of proximity to Faker.
  • SK Gaming, although now housing two giant racist shitheads Forg1ven (New to the team) and Svenskeren, look to be one of the strongest teams this season. I feel bad for Nrated and literal Werewolf Freddie for having to live with them.
  • Roccat and here's the punchline: Roccat fields yet another former toxic player Nukeduck, but the team remains exciting to watch because of their bizarre, out of meta picks.
  • Unicorns of Love, the spiritual successors to Dignitas, will probably break our hearts over and over, but as a recently promoted Challenger team, they managed to absolutely stomp TSM with a jungle Twisted Fate.
  • The saddest swap of all, Deman and Joe have left the EU LCS announce team.

OGN The LCK (Korea)
  • New format! The season has been extended, giving us more games. All games will now be played in a Best of 3 format, and there will be 5 games a week.
  • OGN has been re-branded as the LCK and moved closer under Riot's umbrella. All games will be broadcast free, and on-demand through Riot's official Twitch.tv channel.
  • Korea has imploded! Mass pilgrimage of roughly half of last seasons players, including all players from both Samsung Blue & White leaving the Korean region.
  • Organizations have all been merged into a singular team. Organizations may have up to 10 players total, and can switch players in between each game in a Best of 3 set.

• SKT T1 has taken most of T1 S's roster, with Faker. They regularly swap between Faker and Easyhoon between sets, generally when one or the other loses lane after blind picking Xareth mid.
  • Naijin emFire has two sets of AD/Support players that are sometimes swapped around. The team is still composed mostly of Naijin players from last season.
  • CJ Entus is still a very stubborn team that sticks to their players. They've lost Flame to China, but their starting roster is still the CJ players you'd expect to see (Shy, Ambition, Coco, Space, Madlife) with some random subs.
  • Samsung fields the biggest surprise, picks up four unknown rookies from Solo Queue + the substitute support from SKT last season and created a very explosive, fun to watch team of newcomers. Not a single member of the old Samsung team remains
  • Incredible Miracle are still the gate-keepers of last place. They have fans I guess. Don't expect them to top 7th.
  • Jin Air Green Wings retain much of their core roster, and will probably remain in the middle of the pack but show signs of strength. They're about as Curse Gaming as Korea gets.
  • KT Rolster a mishmash of the KT Organization without their star players.
  • GE Tigers is a new team, but features a whole lot NaiJin Black Sword members. Their bottom lane of PraY and GorillA look to be one of the stronger bottom lanes in Korea. They have no jackets and all wear neat matching sweaters.

LPL (China)
  • Now sponsored by Riot Games. The region will no longer be largely shrouded in mystery, and will appear on Riot's Twitch.TV channel with a new English casting team.
  • The scene has exploded, with almost every team fielding on average 3 Korean veterans who have left their region to come to a more profitable, easier region in China.
  • The Format remains similar to the past, which isn't entirely relevant since it was so hard to see them play in the first place. New visibility + Korean Allstars making their pilgrimage makes this arguably the most exciting region to watch.
  • The entire Samsung Organization last year from World's (Blue and White) have moved to China and been split into as many Chinese teams as they could fit in.
  • Apparently China loves the New York Yankees and multiple teams have plastered the logo on their jersey for no discernible reason.
  • All information on the LPL was taken directly from LiquidLegends.

• EdWard Gaming, back to back champions of the Chinese LPL have picking up Samsung's Pawn and Deft who will join last year's impressive Chinese top laner Koro1
  • OMG remains the only top-four Chinese team without a single Korean player, but not without roster changes. UZI the Chinese All-Star ADC will be joining the team (With rumors of his disdain for playing with Koreans during season 4 worlds)
  • Supa Hot Starhorn Royal Club, two-time runners up at World's will be replacing Uzi with a lateral move in Namei (Who was considered at the same level as Imp, Deft, and Uzi) joining InSec, Cola, Corn, and Zero.
  • LGD-Gaming will be fielding Acorn & Imp, while keeping pretty boy Flame as their substitute top laner. They will be joining three Chinese players who didn't make it to World's last year :(
  • Invictus Gaming are a name that pops up often, competing in many tournaments. They've picked up Save and KaKao as their starters, with Rookie as their substitute mid-laner.
  • Master3 which is apparently the shady sister team to World Elite who were told to rebrand but still have a similar logo and jersey. They field Looper and Dade, two All-Stars from Samsung last year at World's.
  • Team King who will be a bottom tier Chinese team notable only for wearing New York Yankee uniforms.
  • Snake will be fielding two relatively unknown Korean players, Beast and Ella.
  • World Elite will be starting Samsung Blue's former jungler Spirit as well as retaining Ninja, former Prime member and Styz, who is coming off a 6 month ban.
  • Energy Pacemaker will probably be a bottom 4 Chinese team with a funny name.
  • GT Club will probably be a bottom 4 Chinese team with very colorful uniforms.
  • Vici gaming will probably be the stand-out team this year, fielding MVP Samsung White players Dandy and Mata, Samsung Blue's former support Heart as a substitute, as well as former LMQ's Vasilii. With the two best players from last year's World Championships, it will be an upset not to see this team in the top 3.

• Locked thread