Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

CLG, please snipe Kerp and Kev1n from Millenium so I don't have to watch EU LCS

Despite the fact I just defended Dexter, if CLG poached Kerp/Kev1n/KottenX they'd probably be in much better shape.

Actually, gently caress it, bring Creaton too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I don't think KottenX is better than Dexter, but I think all of the rest of Millenium's players are probably better than their CLG counterparts. I think Jree in particular is slept on. He has a lot of really great games.

I think I might be the only person who likes watching Millenium in the thread though.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Libertine posted:

I think I might be the only person who likes watching Millenium in the thread though.

Nope, I enjoyed them this split as well. I think pick comps are fun to watch, and that's really all they could play

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Killed By Death posted:

Despite the fact I just defended Dexter, if CLG poached Kerp/Kev1n/KottenX they'd probably be in much better shape.

Actually, gently caress it, bring Creaton too.
Millenium's members were for the most, top 5 in every position in their fantasy points. Creaton and Kerp made top 5 overall. They got really out-played in finals, but I think if they moved to NA and had CLG money and coaching they'd be amazing.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I just can't stand watching the EU LCS unless it's changed dramatically in the past split. The style of play that I watched was always this agonizingly slow fight-avoiding model.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Libertine posted:

I don't think KottenX is better than Dexter, but I think all of the rest of Millenium's players are probably better than their CLG counterparts. I think Jree in particular is slept on. He has a lot of really great games.

I like Millenium :) I'd like them more if they would stop breaking my heart :(

And I agree on Jree, but I felt like I had to leave one person from the current CLG, and I like Aphro the most, so...

Flameingblack posted:

Millenium's members were for the most, top 5 in every position in their fantasy points. Creaton and Kerp made top 5 overall.
I'm fairly certain KottenX came top for Junglers, too.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Vermain posted:

I just can't stand watching the EU LCS unless it's changed dramatically in the past split. The style of play that I watched was always this agonizingly slow fight-avoiding model.

EU LCS generated more Fantasy LCS points than their NA counterparts, so yeah it had more happening than NA

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flameingblack posted:

CLG, please snipe Kerp and Kev1n from Millenium so I don't have to watch EU LCS

this would own massively and I'd be #1 CLG fan if this happened

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Libertine posted:

I liked watching Millenium but I knew their season would end in sadness.

Picking up Kev1n would be pretty massive for CLG though.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Killed By Death posted:

Dexter got to Worlds on a team that didn't even have a team house, what has Link ever done? Furthermore, the reason that Dexter and Link don't get along is that Link doesn't take practice seriously. That's a huge red flag imo.

Is it that he doesn't take practice seriously or is it that he's put off by how hard Dexter tries and hounds on teammates to try? You can't just say "he doesn't take practice seriously" without there being an underlying reason, and I wouldn't be surprised if Dexter was tryharding to the point where Link hates practice because of it. It's great that Dexter wants to improve but I think if it's at the cost of team morale and attitude that needs to be looked at.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Hypocrisy posted:

I liked watching Millenium but I knew their season would end in sadness.

Picking up Kev1n would be pretty massive for CLG though.
Millenium are the Dignitas of Europe. Very solid players who seem just kind of aloof all the time and could probably dominate with serious coaching and conditioning. I remember when they were winning matches and Kerp was some kind of loving machine they said their secret to success was "We played solo queue"

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Flameingblack posted:

Millenium are the Dignitas of Europe. Very solid players who seem just kind of aloof all the time

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I hope someone brings out Gnar and just destroys everyone into permaban status.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Invalid Validation posted:

I hope someone brings out Gnar and just destroys everyone into permaban status.

Cabochard played him for NiP the other day in one of the earlier rounds of the Black Monster Cup. It was pretty bad though. Didn't end up working out for him.

I still think he's undertuned but if they were to buff him too considerably he would just end up being a ridiculous overbearing monster (which I guess is thematic?)

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He's probably just a little too squishy out of rage form.

Oh hey, its whats his face that used to cast with Joe, I didn't even know they still did anything.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

Cabochard played him for NiP the other day in one of the earlier rounds of the Black Monster Cup. It was pretty bad though. Didn't end up working out for him.

Cabochard is bad though, so we can still hold out hope on the Gnar front for now

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Why is Alex playing Zed ? Did Curse do the picks and bans for Salsa ?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Alex can play his rear end off when he wants to.

Thanks for reminding me how good Gambit used to be ESl.

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 4, 2014

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The M5 neverending team fight is the single best LOL competitive clip of all time so I'm glad Kaplan put it up on stream to fill time.

Here it is for anyone who hasn't seen it before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVE5sQssZi4

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I'd happily forgotten the times where Olaf was king poo poo of toplane/jungle. Oh hey I'm gonna stack a ton of defensive items and then I'll run you down with my CC immunity and neverending slows and murder you with true dmg and free armor pen.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Libertine posted:

The M5 neverending team fight is the single best LOL competitive clip of all time so I'm glad Kaplan put it up on stream to fill time.

They didn't even swing by dragon to say hi. 0/10

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Poor Kaplan just sitting in a basement casting by himself while his buddy Joe went onto the big leagues.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
I really want the fart clip. :(

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Doesn't CLG have to keep 3 of their current players for next split by the rule Riot made when NIP was trying to buy Lemondogs' LCS spot?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Invalid Validation posted:

Poor Kaplan just sitting in a basement casting by himself while his buddy Joe went onto the big leagues.

Dare I say it, he's really, really improved. I couldn't stand him last season but I think he's gotten a lot better.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

SKP is still a really strong looking challenger team.

I would be pretty shocked if they're not in the LCS next season.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Hypocrisy posted:

Yeah, they are just making GBS threads on UOL at this point.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Hypocrisy posted:

I posted this the other day too, but I'm legit worried for Gambit. SK Prime looks like the best of all the EU Challengers.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
That was a 4 v 5 and it still went equal.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Libertine posted:

I posted this the other day too, but I'm legit worried for Gambit. SK Prime looks like the best of all the EU Challengers.

Gambit ended up last place? Yeah, this is a really scary promotion tournament for them. Though, they'll have a second chance for next split and who knows if a challenger team will choke or not?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Hypocrisy posted:

Gambit ended up last place? Yeah, this is a really scary promotion tournament for them. Though, they'll have a second chance for next split and who knows if a challenger team will choke or not?

I think they were seventh, but they chose SKP over H2K.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
"ARE YOU DUMB????"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I agree with you about a lot of things Libertine but KottenX single-handedly saved Millenium from the bottom of the bargain bin and had top jungler fantasy points in the LCS for pretty much the entire season. I'm not saying he carried the team the way Bjergson did for TSM, but he synergized perfectly with them when Aranea abandoned ship and suddenly they were winning games and you could tell the other EU teams didn't see it coming at all. Dexter's basically the exact opposite of that.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sexpansion posted:

I think they were seventh, but they chose SKP over H2K.

Huh. Maybe they saw SKP play like this as opposed to game 1.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Libertine posted:

Best team of all time

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Liquid did an AMA & interview with Travis and in the interview he states that he would be looking for a minimum of $75k if he has to sell CRS Academy should they qualify for LCS. Interesting to think about the valuation and pricing of an esports team. I'd love FORBES to do valuations like they do with every other sport. Is TSM the scenes first million dollar franchise?

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Jerkface posted:

Liquid did an AMA & interview with Travis and in the interview he states that he would be looking for a minimum of $75k if he has to sell CRS Academy should they qualify for LCS. Interesting to think about the valuation and pricing of an esports team. I'd love FORBES to do valuations like they do with every other sport. Is TSM the scenes first million dollar franchise?

CoL sold their Call of Duty team (the best in the world) to EG for 80k iirc.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
Worth noting how most eSports organizations aren't even close to being self-sustainable, I'd be surprised if coL's CoD team booked a profit. League might have the most exceptions to that - I think Riot gives each LCS team roughly 85k$ per split. For a low tier/new LCS team, that goes a long way in paying player salaries before everything else, and it certainly means even the worst LCS team is probably worth a decent lump of money.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Jerkface posted:

MVP reportedly sold to Samsung for ~1 million right before Season 3 worlds, but there's no way to confirm that as far as I know. Probably bigger deals in the BW days also. Flash was making hundreds of thousands/year as far as I know back in the day also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Ihki posted:

Worth noting how most eSports organizations aren't even close to being self-sustainable, I'd be surprised if coL's CoD team booked a profit. League might have the most exceptions to that - I think Riot gives each LCS team roughly 85k$ per split. For a low tier/new LCS team, that goes a long way in paying player salaries before everything else, and it certainly means even the worst LCS team is probably worth a decent lump of money.

The curse owner (Liquid112) estimated approximately 50k in seed money if you 'want to do it right.' Trigger warning - reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2faoml/ama_steve_liquid112_arhancet_owner_and_gm_for/ck7j12i

Given that level of investment you'd have to figure that a successful club would be worth substantially more.

• Locked thread