Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
Are you looking for the main League of Legends discussion thread? Click here!
Are you looking for the fantasy LCS discussion thread? Click here! Please do not post about fantasy LCS in this thread.

This thread is for the discussion of top level games, news, and other things related to the competitive scene. This thread is also for non-professional tournaments.

League of Legends World Championship 2014 details here!

USEFUL LINKS:
Leaguepedia: The best source for competitive results and information about all aspects of the competitive League of Legends scene.
Abios Gaming: See which matches are coming up and when.
Spoiler Free Event VoDs

LEAGUE PAGES:
Official North America League Championship Series site
Official European League Championship Series site
OnGameNet LOL Champions (Korean league)
LOL Pro League (Chinese league)
Garena Premier League (Southeast Asia league)
Liga Brasileira (Brazilian League)
Şampiyonluk Ligi (Turkish League)

Discuss away!

Violently Car fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Esports calendar has been down for like 2 months now. I've been using http://abiosgaming.com/

There are other websites like in2lol and gosugamers that have schedules as well

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
Thanks, updated.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Congrats to the best team in North America, Team Solo Mid. Reginald's leadership has once again brought the boys from the Bay back to championship gold. Next stop? Worlds, baby!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Congrats to the best team in North America, Team Solo Mid. Reginald's leadership has once again brought the boys from the Bay back to championship gold. Next stop? Worlds, baby!
TSM would be lucky to make it past a Chinese Team or Alliance/FNatic, they always make it to World's but they never perform that well.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Real talk NA playoffs were great and I am hype as gently caress for worlds.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I dunno if things maintain, you think we might see a West vs East worlds? Or is the west still too far behind our Asian overlords?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
NA Playoffs were far better than I expected them to be. I was wrong with all my picks.

I'm so hype for Worlds as well. Until the groups are revealed going to be so hard to figure out any of the teams that could advance.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

My Roku has LCS VODs available to watch. I don't really feel like watching every Bo5 game as I already know who won each Bo5..can you guys tell me which games are the most worth watching of: CLG vs Curse, TSM vs LMQ, C9 vs Curse, C9 vs TSM and Crs vs LMQ?

Thanks!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Servaetes posted:

I dunno if things maintain, you think we might see a West vs East worlds? Or is the west still too far behind our Asian overlords?

Unlikely but who knows? You can't be sure one of the teams won't have a break out performance or one of the Korean teams won't choke it up.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
imo western teams improved a lot since season 3 worlds on strategic level and the gap in skill was never that big anyway, so I think there is a chance that a western team beats one of the top asian teams in a best of 5. But in the end the final will probably be edg/samsungs anyway.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

NTT posted:

Real talk NA playoffs were great and I am hype as gently caress for worlds.

Agreed, it's been a great year so far.

I'm hoping for an NA or EU win at worlds and it's definitely possible. All 6 of the teams are capable of performing really well and all it would take is a couple of upsets...

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Obscurity posted:

My Roku has LCS VODs available to watch. I don't really feel like watching every Bo5 game as I already know who won each Bo5..can you guys tell me which games are the most worth watching of: CLG vs Curse, TSM vs LMQ, C9 vs Curse, C9 vs TSM and Crs vs LMQ?

Thanks!

All of TSM v LMQ and all of C9 v TSM is worth watching, two of the best bo5s I've ever seen to be honest

Crs v LMQ game 5 is probably worth watching too just to watch people be sad

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Where's the best website for VoD links now? For OGN specifically, NA/EU LCS is easy to find. Leaguepedia only links to the twitch VoDs of the OGN games as far as I can tell which you need the subscription for.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Obscurity posted:

Thanks!

all the lmq sets are worth it, tsm vs lmq being the best probably, c9 vs tsm was also great. If you hate clg watch their sets, you'll enjoy them.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I think it may be a korea vs china worlds again, or a korea vs korea, but this worlds has the largest chance for a crazy awesome upset. I think Alliance, SK, Fnatic, LMQ, C9, and TSM all have enough strategic mojo to potentially beat the favorites at worlds. Especially the Samsung teams, who have a penchant for getting crazy behind and pulling it off mid to late.

I love the group stage for this worlds, no more 1 and done for C9. Can't wait to see how it stacks up.

AParadox posted:

all the lmq sets are worth it, tsm vs lmq being the best probably, c9 vs tsm was also great. If you hate clg watch their sets, you'll enjoy them.

If I had to order the sets I'd go TSM vs LMQ, CRS vs LMQ, C9 vs TSM in terms of awesomeness.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Libertine posted:

Esports calendar has been down for like 2 months now. I've been using http://abiosgaming.com/

There are other websites like in2lol and gosugamers that have schedules as well

The site is down but the browser plugin is still working.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I haven't followed league in a while, what are the popular pro picks? What's with the TBD on the world championship page?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
C9 is the better team

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Austrian mook posted:

I haven't followed league in a while, what are the popular pro picks? What's with the TBD on the world championship page?

Champion picks?

Top lane: Alistar, Maokai, Nidalee, Lulu, Mundo, Ryze, occasional Kayle
Jungle: Lee Sin, Nunu, Kha'Zix, Elise, Rengar (in Korea) e: I think Jarvan and even Shaco are picked in China but I'm not sure
Mid lane: Ryze, Syndra, Zed, Yasuo, Orianna, Xerath occasional TF, Talon, Kog'Maw, Zilean
AD carry: Tristana, Kog'Maw, Corki, Lucian
Support: Nami, Braum, Thresh, Morg, Zilean

I may have forgotten one or two.

Previous Jesus fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 2, 2014

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

RC Cola posted:

C9 is the better team

LMQ will win the World championship, actually

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Very good series, surprisingly so from TSM. They've come a long way this split. I hope this inspires C9 to get better too and they both grow.

World Championship pool reveal is Sept 8.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Man, what the gently caress. I go to bed, C9 is 2-1, I wake up, TSM wins the series. gently caress that, now C9 is going to be all tilty for Worlds like they were at the beginning of summer split and do gently caress all. :smith:

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

It gets me wondering where the AD top lane swap adaptation came from, did it do well in a single game in the NA LCS? It seems that the top laner who goes bot can stay even in CS but ends up 2 levels down and when they use him to counter the other top laner as a split pusher just gets crushed.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

This should probably go in the Useful Links: http://www.reddit.com/r/LoLeventVoDs

I normally hate reddit but they have all the games up within minutes of them finishing for the LCS and not much longer for other regions. It's also spoiler free.

Lightning Knight posted:

Man, what the gently caress. I go to bed, C9 is 2-1, I wake up, TSM wins the series. gently caress that, now C9 is going to be all tilty for Worlds like they were at the beginning of summer split and do gently caress all. :smith:

You shut your whore mouth.

I'm still salty over TSM winning the BO5 but it was a crazy intense series and it could have gone to either team. So many of the games were won off the back of a single minor misplay. I can't even imagine the amount of pressure they were under.

Oh, and apparently Tristana crit Corki three times in a row during that last team fight which is why Sneaky just exploded. RNG! RNG!

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

mistaya posted:

Oh, and apparently Tristana crit Corki three times in a row during that last team fight which is why Sneaky just exploded. RNG! RNG!

Crits are pretty terrible (but so is the raw damage per shot that ADCs put out midgame).

Would not mind a post-worlds retooling of Marksmen that made them require more than a second to kill another offensively-built character.

Wally P
Jun 3, 2007
spoon!
Wait a minute. China regionalss haven't happened yet, have they? Who is going besides EDG?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
OP would you mind adding info about the teams and each region in the OP? I don't really follow League at all but I did see the NA final (just the last game) and I didn't really know anything about either team other than that TSM had much more fans in the crowd.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Someone said this earlier but yeah even as a TSM fan I didn't expect them to beat C9. But I'm super hyped that they did :D Also Dyrus with the feels.

Some of the best bo5s this weekend as well. Especially hilarious with the story surrounding CLG's Korean training and their matches vs CRS.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mistaya posted:

This should probably go in the Useful Links: http://www.reddit.com/r/LoLeventVoDs

I normally hate reddit but they have all the games up within minutes of them finishing for the LCS and not much longer for other regions. It's also spoiler free.

A warning that if you use this you'll want to disable any youtube extension that shows you the video title of youtube links. Great way to spoil yourself :(

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Thread title should have been "Let's Watch Competitive League of Legends: M5/Gambit Memorial Thread".

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Bjergsen has really stepped up his game and reinvented himself in the second half of the summer split and especially the playoffs. He was king poo poo of mechanically intensive assassins and regularly smashed Hai 1v1 shortly after he came over to NA, but he slumped for a while when the meta shifted to farm-heavy long-range and utility mids. Recently, he's been great on those as well and it's my impression from everything I've heard from other TSM players that he's become the leader and shotcaller of the team as well. I think he's threatening Froggens title as Best in the West at this point.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
That series could have been 3-0 for Cloud 9 if Hai hadn't unleashed the LAST BREATH onto an Alistair with no vision of the enemy team during game 2. What the gently caress, Hai?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
loving hell, TSM won? Ugh.

Alright, I guess I better watch all those games now.

Seriously though, my life is empty now that OGN is over. Worlds will be great but I have to wait so long!

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

loving hell, TSM won? Ugh.

Alright, I guess I better watch all those games now.

Seriously though, my life is empty now that OGN is over. Worlds will be great but I have to wait so long!
Post-worlds scene is going to be the worst kind of wasteland. No Champions Winter, no LCS, nothing but WCG and the occasional challenger tournament. I really hope Riot has some plans to spice up the off-season; that, or maybe OGN Masters will start up early instead of waiting all the way till next spring.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Winter Pro LoL is a perfect time for a bunch of IEMs but that's ruined too with m5, eternal kings of IEM and All That Is Good In The World, being a non-presence.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Black Monster Cup has more NA and EU challenger tournament games on today and tomorrow. Would be a good time to familiarize yourself with some of the promotion teams if you haven't seen them play. Both SK Prime and Unicorns are playing today on twitch ESL TV.

Chinese finals are on this weekend on Saturday 9/6 and Sunday 9/7 but they will probably be played in the middle of the night US time.

All six LCS promotion/relegation match are on next week on Tuesday 9/9 (8th Seed EU and NA vs. 1 Challenge EU and NA), Wednesday 9/10 (7 v. 2) and Thursday 9/11 (6 v. 3).

There's going to be a huge fall blowout of stuff to enjoy and watch and then we all go into hibernation for awhile I guess. I imagine some tournaments will crop up to take advantage of idle teams, if not IEM then something else surely.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Has it been confirmed Champions Winter is cancelled ? Last I heard it was just being discussed.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Wally P posted:

Wait a minute. China regionalss haven't happened yet, have they? Who is going besides EDG?

OMG, SHRC, iG and LGD are the four teams going to Regionals to play for 2nd/3rd seed. IIRC it'll be decided through Double Elimination Bo3s. Of those teams, OMG is likely on paper to get 2nd and SHRC 3rd, but really, the last game between OMG and SHRC was decided by Insec suddenly becoming Bronze-level and suiciding multiple times, so if he steps up, SHRC could possibly beat OMG for 2nd seed.

=====

Also I'm still super-salty over C9 losing to TSM. Now I know how my brother feels whenever Arsenal loses anything in soccer. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
I think another thing to note is that in both game 4 and game 5, WildTurtle hit quadra kills and had the opportunity to chase down the penta, but decided to win the game instead of going full troll. I imagine he was resisting every fiber in his being to not chase Mundo through the enemy base at the end of game 4 (you see him rocketjump after him) and then he didn't rocketjump after Meteos in game 5 after a quadra.

But apparently when poo poo is on the line he can contain the solo queue demons.

• Locked thread