Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Has it been confirmed Champions Winter is cancelled ? Last I heard it was just being discussed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
SK will be fine they were probably told two days in advance :v:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Libertine posted:

Swift was released from CJ Frost. I wonder who will be the next Jungler to attempt to fill for them?

Sucks for Frost Swift was one of their best players.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Kreczor posted:

To clarify: EU LCS is scum tier, I'm only talking about NA

Lol. Here's praying for Shy/Helios/Ambition/Lustboy teaming up and wrecking NA as CJ Entus Lukewarm.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Xiaoweixiao posted:

My english is not good.So there will be a lot of mistake.I hope u guys don't mind.

Apparently we do mind!

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
NA relegation matches are decided: CLG vs Curse Acedemy, EG vs Coast, Complexity vs Team 8

edit: confirmed on Saint's stream Scarra's twitter

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 3, 2014

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Falling Cat posted:

I got some skin codes from PAX Prime that are all used on NA, but I thought there might be people from other regions that can still make use of these:

Riot Kayle:

WWJYMQ5AC2AMB6

Grabbed this one on EUW. Thanks a bunch :)

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Why is Alex playing Zed ? Did Curse do the picks and bans for Salsa ?

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I'd happily forgotten the times where Olaf was king poo poo of toplane/jungle. Oh hey I'm gonna stack a ton of defensive items and then I'll run you down with my CC immunity and neverending slows and murder you with true dmg and free armor pen.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
SK made the big upset by beating CLG.EU in the semis.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Froggen carried Wickd, Snoopeh, Yellowpete and Krepo to the finals of OGN Champions and semifinals of Worlds. Even if he slumped a bit in Season 3 he has still been the overall best western player in my opinion. Diamondprox is the only close contender off the top of my head.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Libertine posted:

Part of me thinks that Alliance could win Worlds if the stars aligned perfectly but then I just think about Wickd having to play against someone like Save or Ackerman and it just terrifies my mind thinking about what some of those guys will do to him.

To be honest I doubt the non-Froggen parts of Alliance will be able to do much. Wickd is straight up bad and Shook has had issues playing on LAN. Their botlane is fine but fine isn't enough when you're up against Chinese and Korean botlanes.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Oh I certainly think Tabbz is solid. It's just that the Asian botlanes are really loving scary.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
After Worlds Alliance should throw enough money at SK to get Freddy. Probably wont happen but it'd be a solid upgrade.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Disinterested posted:

We'll just have to see. But I reckon Alliance will be able to handle everyone but EDG.

The West Will Rise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFvcv72P0GM

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

enigma105 posted:

When is the actual group seeding going to be announced?

Tomorrow I think. 1 PM PST.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I personally loved Sharon clutching LMQ and the roses from Kakao.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Only one pool 3 team per group so SK, DP and Kabum will all be in seperate groups.

Edit: the most weak sauce group possible would be something line TSM/Fnatic/AHQ/DP I think.

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 8, 2014

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

I dunno, Cloud9 was able to get some games off them at All-Stars with a substitute mid

OMG were playing with a sub in mid as well though.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
There's no doubt C9 were hurt more by having a sub than OMG was but it doesn't change the fact that OMG weren't at full capacity either. (All-stars really sucked imo, between subs, terrible play and 2nd tier teams)

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

If Korea had sent any other Korean team than SKT short of someone like IM or Jin Air organization teams, they probably would have stomped every region even harder and it would have been even less competitive. At least the All-Star games were a lot of fun, seeing Bjerg and Froggen run the pain trains

None of the regions (except maybe SEA I guess but they're terrible anyway) brought their best. C9 had to play with a sub, Fnatic were either in "don't care mode" (Bota Fnatic) or in "can't make anything work" mode (8 game loss streak fnatic), OMG were playing with a sub and T1 K were already slumping.

edit: yeah the all star games were good fun though. Anivia hype

double edit: So apparently Fnatic picked up Toyz to help coach them during Worlds. https://www.facebook.com/toyzLoL/photos/a.327403573985744.77291.309400622452706/745145312211566/?type=1&theater
He's certainly pretty enough to be on Fnatic.

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 8, 2014

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
The Western scene didn't know much about TPA but I'm pretty sure the Chinese and Korean teams knew they were a powerhouse considering they scrimmed them frequently. Also SKT won both Champions Summer and the Korean Regionals before Worlds I'm pretty sure most considered them the favorites.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Little under two hours until groups are revealed.

https://twitter.com/c9meteosego/status/509039280778256385

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames

Live in 18 min.

Samsung White/EDward Gaming/Your Favorite Team/Some Other Team

Hype.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Killed By Death posted:

Uh, they came last. They got the worst possible position available. The lowest point they could have been possibly predicted to get, they got. How is it possible to "sleep" on the last place team?

They won more games than Velocity :v:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

He hates Reginald so much that he roots for any team against them. He'd probably root for Mineski over TSM without a hint of irony.

On SI he said the C9 ALL matchup would be very close. And made the point that the TSM botlane would likely struggle in their group so I don't think it's only based on his personal feelings about the team.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I kinda hope MIL gets relegated if only to free up some clearly skilled players who for some reason haven't been able to work as a team.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

I dunno if they have team issues, they don't play intelligently but everyone on the team is really drat good. Even if they end up relegated, I can see them getting back in through the expansion tournament anyway

Uh yeah I think I phrased that poorly. I was simply referring to them not producing the wins/results you'd expect them to have considering their lane up is pretty good. Like their performance is as a team average at best when they ought be to more like average at worst in my mind.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

The Mash posted:

A "Saintvicious" is being in the lead but having Baron stolen from you by being bad at smiting.

Not to be confused with a "Dignitas/Dignitoss" even though the other team frequently end up with the baron buff.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

I'm watching Challenger Korean players make Bronze aggression mistakes with godlike mechanical precision. And a lot of missed thresh hooks.

We can't all be Hylissang :v:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Lets be honest if you go legendary on Poppy and outfarm everyone else in the game you deserve to be in the LCS.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Jonny Angel posted:

Real talk: who is the handsomest player in each major region? Aside from qtpie of course, he's banned from this tournament.

Of those going to Worlds or all the players in each entire region ?

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

glomkettle posted:

I dunno about handsome specifically, but Krepo is definitely the cutest

Sneaky is hella cute too

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Unless your team wins Worlds or your team is called TSM you should probably stay in school if you're in it for the money.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Violently Car posted:

Is there anyone of repute, anywhere, who is giving any non-Korean team a chance to win it all?

Alex bet on Alliance to win group D (the one with Shield) on SI but I don't think he was being entirely serious.

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 15, 2014

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Isn't it just the collective sum of a scene that has existed for a decade longer than the western scenes, coaches and analysts with actual experience getting paid actual money, well developed organisations, huge sponsors and what appears to be a greater drive to win.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Obscurity posted:

I have a dream. A dream where Chaox joins Curse and then he and Xpecial are reunited in the most glorious bot lane since Rush Hour.

This is probably the only way I'd ever root for Curse.

http://i.imgur.com/ULtoOHh.gif

Mandu has been underperforming for a long time so seeing him get cut shouldn't be a surprise. The only question is who is gonna do the shotcalling.

Piglet hasn't been great either for a while but I'm suprised they kicked him instead of Bengi. Maybe it's just harder to replace a jungler compared to a carry.

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Sep 17, 2014

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
No Korean team in group. SHRC internal issues. Svenskeren shooting SK in the foot with a tactical nuke.
What will happen to TPA ? How many infants have Regi and Loco sacrificed ? :ohdear:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Could be they don't want to be too hard on SK after screwing them with the Incarnation coach deal. Or maybe Nukeduck and Mithy simply had more and more recent bans and suspensions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

I think people are really underestimating SHRC and/or putting too much weight on the supposed fights between Insec and UzI. Those guys are going to wreck that group.

Yeah based on mechanical strength alone SHRC is so far ahead of every other team in that group it's not even funny (actually it is. I can't wait to see to see Uzi vs Turtle). Unless Uzi actually ends up not going I don't see SHRC not making it out of that group. TSM is a solid 2nd place though unless the TPA rumours are worth a drat.

edit:

How Rude posted:

I am sad to see Cop go, he was my favorite ADC. He's like a bizarro Doublelift, he doesn't make retardedly aggressive throwy plays, but he also plays incredibly safe so he doesn't always get a game winning play.

So we've got actual Doublelift, Reverse Doublelift (Cop), Doublelift Light (Wildturtle), Doublelift With the Team He Needs Not the One He Deserves (Vasili).

https://twitter.com/c9meteosego/status/512277732479082496

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 17, 2014

• Locked thread