Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Congrats to the best team in North America, Team Solo Mid. Reginald's leadership has once again brought the boys from the Bay back to championship gold. Next stop? Worlds, baby!
TSM would be lucky to make it past a Chinese Team or Alliance/FNatic, they always make it to World's but they never perform that well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If Tabe can learn to speak in English and sing for us, so can Lustboy :colbert:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Crazy Larry posted:

I was meaning more that Riot should hire translators for interviews. Seems like it would be a good move on their part to help showcase the foreign players. Actually, thinking about it, wouldn't they more or less need to have translators on hand to handle stuff like technical difficulties, rule clarifications and the like?
They do have translators though? They have them on a semi-regular basis, sometimes they come from the team and sometimes they're Rioters. They don't interview LMQ every single time, but they did it a couple times over the season.

AdjectiveNoun posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/superch1ll So for anyone who cares, this guy is streaming Froggen SoloQ in Korea. At the moment, Froggen's account is still doing placements with Diamond 3 MMR, but he just absolutely wrecked a game playing as ADC with Kog'Maw.

EDIT: Seems he's doing Alliance in general, since he just started streaming a match with Wickd and Shook. Again with them playing out of position Support Nami and Mid Zed respectively.
I think last time Froggen did this in Korea he was something like top 15 players in the leaderboard. Froggen is one of the few players I'd consider as good as Koreans or Chinese mid-laners, he just doesn't play assassins very often. Seeing him whoop rear end as Anivia against a Zed in a losing matchup was just awe inspiring.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

There are a lot of players in the EU LCS that don't speak English as their first language. Most of Gambit didn't learn English until part-way through Season 3. I'm still not sure if Genja knows English, or even cares.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Kreczor posted:

To clarify: EU LCS is scum tier, I'm only talking about NA
I hope LMQ makes every team you like cry forever.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Since the LCS is expanding their roster, even if CLG/EG/Coast lose their roster places, they still have a chance to make it back into the LCS right?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

CLG probably needs a little-sister team right now more than everything, both to train new potential players they can call up to LCS, and to send floundering players on CLG Classic down to take some stress out of their lives. It'd be great if LCS allowed teams to properly have two teams per region like OGN does, just have a committee like OGN does that governs matches to ensure one team isn't throwing against their other team. Even team-killing is super competitive in Korea, nobody wants to give up a spot at the top.

Link and Seraph could happily go down to the CLG challenger team and work out their issues and nerves while they have two different players come up and play for a while. I guess the biggest issue in these teams are the pressure to succeed in a very competitive environment where they have to live with the people they feel are the biggest reason they aren't winning. Not everyone can be as laid back and not give a gently caress as CompLexity and Dignitas.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TheModernAmerican posted:

Aphromoo is the best western support, and probably in the top 5 worldwide, so I don't think it would be smart to get rid of him. Or really blame him for any of the team's troubles, what are you even talking about?
Who's blaming Aphro for anything? People are talking about replacing everyone on CLG EXCEPT Aphromoo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

Alistar is played top now? That seems kind of weird. Also is world's going to be played on the Gnar patch?
Should be, yes. Alistar top is one of those "Invincible split-pushing tanks" like Maokai, both are sticky as hell and hard to push out of lane.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

CLG, please snipe Kerp and Kev1n from Millenium so I don't have to watch EU LCS

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

Despite the fact I just defended Dexter, if CLG poached Kerp/Kev1n/KottenX they'd probably be in much better shape.

Actually, gently caress it, bring Creaton too.
Millenium's members were for the most, top 5 in every position in their fantasy points. Creaton and Kerp made top 5 overall. They got really out-played in finals, but I think if they moved to NA and had CLG money and coaching they'd be amazing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Hypocrisy posted:

I liked watching Millenium but I knew their season would end in sadness.

Picking up Kev1n would be pretty massive for CLG though.
Millenium are the Dignitas of Europe. Very solid players who seem just kind of aloof all the time and could probably dominate with serious coaching and conditioning. I remember when they were winning matches and Kerp was some kind of loving machine they said their secret to success was "We played solo queue"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Korean players are talking about how good Froggen is, that's always great to see. They used to give Doublelift and Diamond a lot of respect too, but they've fallen hard.

@insideKLoL: NGTV Caster JoyLuck - "KR teams that have scrimmed against Alliance are saying 'Froggen is the real deal'."

I'm really excited to see Alliance play this season, they really got their poo poo together and they look like world beaters.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jessie Tanner posted:

People said the same thing last year though. Chinese teams may look silly when playing each other because of their style, but once they play a western team you'll see what they're really capable of.
I dunno, Cloud9 was able to get some games off them at All-Stars with a substitute mid, I think NA might stand a little better of a chance than they have since season 1. EU though, I can see Alliance and SK completely out-playing a Chinese team and just taking objectives without fighting them. Who knows about FNatic, they're so up and down.

AdjectiveNoun posted:

This Road to Worlds thing is really impressive. Like, an entire magnitude better than Riot's hype videos last year.
Bebe's bit was so :3: with his Grandma running out to buy a bunch of newspapers with her grandson on the cover.

Sexpansion posted:

So it's OMG and SHRC?

What kind of loving world do we live in where Insec and Zero get to worlds before Kakao, Ryu, and Score.
I still think Flame is legitimately the best top laner in the world and he's never going to make it to World's on a CJ Entus team.

mushi posted:

We all love worlds. It's the best tourney of the year because we get to see the clash of metas and teams that never play each other surprise us. The only thing they need to change about Worlds is handing over spots to the international wild card teams. Like someone posted over on reddit about how Dark Passage is losing to challenger teams in ranked queues and they don't even feel like they belong on the world stage.

Just give the pro league in Brazil some attention and make them the whipping boy of the big teams until they can get their poo poo together or a crew of Koreans move over there to make some money and get a free ticket into Worlds.

Also do it twice a year. All Stars was awesome, add more teams and get some other organization to sponsor it like ESL or Dreamhack or whatever, maybe that would go to resolving some of whatever stupid drama prevents us from having the big LoL tournaments at the big lan conventions.
All-Stars would be amazing if there were an 8 team tournament. Last year's first place representatives (China, Korea, NA, and EU) and another bracket with two teams made from All-Stars, a team from Riot, and a team of fans. Wanna see those curbstomp games.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 8, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DatonKallandor posted:

Whatever happened to Brand - he was interesting.
Assassin meta. The two most common mages right now (Syndra and Xareth) have long-range stuns and pretty safe range so it's not as big of an issue.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm watching Season 2 Finals between TPA and Azubu Frost and listening to Deman make fun of the fans for cheering over ward kills "Let's see how long this will last" :allears:

Previous Jesus posted:

Weren't they actually planning on replacing Cool with that guy at the time though?
xiyang is their own substitute, so it isn't like they were pulling him from a rival team. He was already probably familiar with the players on the team and playing with them when he substituted for All-Stars.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Savage Cracker posted:

There's no doubt C9 were hurt more by having a sub than OMG was but it doesn't change the fact that OMG weren't at full capacity either. (All-stars really sucked imo, between subs, terrible play and 2nd tier teams)
If Korea had sent any other Korean team than SKT short of someone like IM or Jin Air organization teams, they probably would have stomped every region even harder and it would have been even less competitive. At least the All-Star games were a lot of fun, seeing Bjerg and Froggen run the pain trains

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

There's always a chance they could Moscow 5 their way through the tournament and become legends.
That's how TPA were when they entered and won. Hell, even SKT were considered underdogs in Korea; Ozone were supposed to be the end-all champions.

Wonder which underdogs will win Season 4? I'm banking on either an EU team or a Wildcard to make it further than anyone expected. I can see Alliance making top 4.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

This thread is the only place I've ever seen this expressed, and I don't think it's true at all. SKT were clear favorites, coming off of their dominating OGN win a fortnight beforehand :shrug:
I had always heard people hyping up Ozone over SKT and people were shocked when Ozone couldn't make it out of groups.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Group A: Samsung White & Edward Gaming (This is the no-brainer)
Group B: TSM & Royal Club (Probably the most competitive group)
Group C: Samsung Blue & OMG (Although FNatic and LMQ do stand a chance)
Group D: Naijin Shield & Alliance (RIP Cloud9)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Now it's time for a team featuring one of the most washed-up has-beens to play against Curse Academy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Tell me you're talking about link.
Everyone but Aphromoo.

Saint can get his ultimate revenge for being kicked off CLG by kicking CLG out of the LCS (At least for a month or two until the expansion tournament)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Can we merge Supa Hot Crew XD and Unicorns of Love and combine them into the goofiest name?

Killed By Death posted:

CW players saying Gambit should win and that Mill have a good chance fills me with hope :pray:
I don't know why Millenium choked so hard, but almost all their players were top 3 fantasy points in their positions, across EU and NA. They go super, super hard, or they lose super, super hard I guess. If Millenium hits the "on" switch I'd love to see Kerp with another 20/0 game

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Why is this package so emotionally depressing? Doublelift, just become a streamer or something

e: They just cut if off :lol:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I just wonder if Link and Dexter are willing to work together long enough to beat SaintVicious, Seraph has always been described as a sponge, just acting the way everyone else around him acts so I guess he turns into a mute as well when Link and Dexter stop talking. Aphro needs to motivate the hell out of this team, or Hotshot needs to dump over half the roster.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Rurea posted:

Who are these jabronies?
Apparently Australians, to represent all the Aussie teams....?????

lmao Saint is so ready to trash CLG.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Does BunnyFuFu still have Madlife-like mechanics on Thresh?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I don't think Aphro is going to land a single loving Zeneth Blade while BunnyFufu is on Thresh. He's already blocked three and got the first blood for Saint. (Good to see nothing's changed and Saint still funnels all the kills into himself)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ihki posted:

Seraph went even in lane and didn't even get his rear end kicked in a 1v1? How can this be, am I watching one of those CLG scrims I've heard rumours about :ohdear:
Cris was from Velocity, don't forget! Seraph isn't doing bad, but CLG is getting rocked in team fights.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jerkface posted:

Aphro wasting his ult before the fight even started 4 real hosed them, also suicide flashing for no reason. And Dlift the HOOK MAGNET got hooked by dying thresh in the middle of his team, hilarious.
Is that a testament to how good Bunnyfufu is to hook someone from death, or how magnetic DoubleLIft is, to get hooked by a dead target

Violently Car posted:

Who are these commentators?
Random Australian goobers. Everyone else must be getting ready in Korea or something.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Cris in LCS is like Westice in LCS but if Westice was a small child perpetually giving someone the finger
Cris has already been in LCS before!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Macksy posted:

Going HAM on the support: Not just for low-elo soloqeueu anymore
CLG still look like they're tilting hard and have almost no focus at all except "Burst first target any CC lands on. Oops that was Thresh again"

Maybe communicating as a team sometimes might be a good idea. No one on CLG seems to be talking at all. Doublelift is ignoring his team and farming open lanes.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I could just imagine how clever Link thought he was for that pick until Orianna blew him up with a shockwave.

Monathin posted:

Did doublelift just waste his ult on red buff?
Looked like he knew that Orianna was coming up and just wanted to take the red asap and get out.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

Does anyone even know what pick comp means anymore?
FNatic were famous for it. Having two assassins that can pick a single target left alone in the jungle. Usually a duo assassin comp with champs like Twisted Fate, Kassadin, Ahri, Kha'Zix, ect.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Just show this after every CLG loss, make it even more depressing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

If you've ever wanted to see Cloud9 scrim against a low-tier Korean team (Xeonics Storm) now's your lucky chance!

http://www.twitch.tv/sirbadnrad

They're not doing well.

e: They quit losing 6-16. Possibly because the game was public. Balls is still awful at Kayle and was 1/5/1

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Sep 10, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Freaksaus posted:

Man I went to bed yesterday with CA leading 2-0 only to find out the next day that they lost :smith:

Did CLG actually look decent in any of their wins or was it mostly CA being too nervous that cost them the win?
Game 3 was closest, both teams were about even. Then in game 4 CLG turned it "on" and dominated that game. I didn't see game 5

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm going to predict all the way down to finals, I really have nothing else to do :downs:

Quarterfinals:
Samsung White vs TSM
Samsung Blue vs Alliance
Edward Gaming vs Royal Club
FNatic vs Naijin White Shield

Semifinals:
Samsung White vs Samsung Blue
Edward Gaming vs Naijin White Shield

Finals:
Samsung White vs Naijin White Shield

1st: Samsung White
2nd: Naijin White Shield
3rd: Samsung Blue
4th: Edward Gaming
5th: Alliance
6th: Royal Club
7th: TSM
8th: FNatic

It's a shame that White and Blue were drawn where they were, because that almost guarantees the three-korean semifinals.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am surprised to see all the TSM love.
It all depends almost entirely on if Dyrus is playing "on" or "off" and if everyone does the same thing to him they did in Season 2 and just camp the poo poo out of him so he can never be relevant. I think the reason while Balls was underwhelming last split is because they just gave up on him and had all his farm and attention funneled into mid and bot instead, and now Balls is stuck in top lane playing support-type champions like Kayle which he doesn't seem to be very good at, or Ryze who's one dimensional and boring.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Libertine posted:

There's no way any sensible person could have watched that Game 5 and determined that Hecarim was the reason they lost, Hecarim was the only bright spot on a team where all of the people with the easier lane matchups lost hard in fair or advantageous match-ups for them. Saint on Lee Sin was as big of a negative as any Bronze-tier Lee Sin has ever been. CA's bot lane got full on bodied 2v2 by Aphrolift. And even with Saint offering the most "support" top lane, Seraph won handily (again) vs. Cris as well. I think the biggest thing CLG did in Game 5 was take Kha'Zix from Saint. His performance on four games of Kha'Zix vs. one game on Lee Sin was astronomical in difference.
Saint's aggressive playstyle and low mechanics would probably have benefited from someone like Skarner, and having them run Skarner/Oriana teamfight comps instead of putting one of the worst mechanical junglers ever in LCS on the highest demanding jungler. Saint isn't bad, but he certainly isn't Meteos or Dexter or Amazing. Put him on a champion like Xin or Skarner that's all-forward where he can build a Triforce after unintentionally stealing a bunch of kills and theoretically he should do better than whatever he does on Lee Sin (I didn't watch the game but it doesn't sound very pretty)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ninkobei posted:

Does anyone know what would have happened it CA had made it into the LCS? The new rule kind of prevents them from getting in, doesn't it?
Liquid already said that he would have to sell the team. The new rules say at least 3 of the 5 members have to stay on the team now though, instead of the situations before where a team would buyout an old one and replace all the members (IE: Evil Genius).

There's still the expansion tournament to go through, it's going to add 2 more teams to the LCS for next season so CA still has a chance of becoming Ninjas in PJs or Velocity E-Sports or whatever.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

:stare: I have never seen Dexter or Amazing as good junglers. They both have tiny champion pools and have really struggled with Elise/Lee Sin being taken down several matches.

Now that said, you're 100% on putting SV on Lee and even really Kha.
Amazing used to be great on Lee Sin, but falls kind of flat in NA now. He was an improvement over Oddone because he couldn't even use Lee Sin (Altho he was borderline computer-calculated at smiting and played a decent elise). I don't remember much about Dexter when he was in EU because EU was even more boring back then than it is now.

• Locked thread