Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
imo western teams improved a lot since season 3 worlds on strategic level and the gap in skill was never that big anyway, so I think there is a chance that a western team beats one of the top asian teams in a best of 5. But in the end the final will probably be edg/samsungs anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Obscurity posted:

My Roku has LCS VODs available to watch. I don't really feel like watching every Bo5 game as I already know who won each Bo5..can you guys tell me which games are the most worth watching of: CLG vs Curse, TSM vs LMQ, C9 vs Curse, C9 vs TSM and Crs vs LMQ?

Thanks!

all the lmq sets are worth it, tsm vs lmq being the best probably, c9 vs tsm was also great. If you hate clg watch their sets, you'll enjoy them.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Did Fakers team not make it? I watched a little of OGN and SKT was tearing it up, but I don't see them in the tournament finals page?

Nope, his team got crushed first by samsung white in the set for the second seed, then by najin shield for the third seed so no faker in worlds.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

Has Dyrus even played Nid this season?

I saw a stream of him trying to learn her and he sucked, a lot.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Libertine posted:

I really want to watch the Chinese regionals this weekend. I don't know poo poo about any of those teams at all except their names.

OMG has the best chinese midlaner but the team was wrecked by roster changes and their jungler is ninendudeX tier. SHC is uzi and the korea rejects. the other two are just bad.

If you like some high skill soloQ fun then you're in luck.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
OMG swapped their jungler again? Now maybe they have a chance of being a decent team.

edit: shyv and jax, how many patches are they behind this time?

edit2: also love that the highest source of magic damage in this game is shyvana

AParadox fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Sep 6, 2014

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Looks like they swapped dada with kiwikid.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Also apparently they play a lan event on online servers?

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Typical Pubbie posted:

No, it's really not. What's stupid is pretending to have a world tournament with geographically distinct regions if 90 percent of the players are from the same country.

While I agree this needs to be regulated, LoL player's career life expectancy is really short compared to normal sports or even other esports so I think that the residency time requirement shouldn't be longer than a full split of challenger games, as was the case of LMQ.

More would be risking of over a year of minimum wage and lovely life conditions for a chance to get into LCS that you could loose anyway and waste so much time of your short lol career.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

I kinda feel like SK have a good chance in group 2, I'm not sure why but I think people are underrating them whenever I see the group discussion.

In fact, they almost got the best possible group they could have, being the third seed I think their chance of getting out of groups skyrocketed.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Jayisspecial posted:

I find the idea that Dyrus is so incompatible with a top meta champion that they must ban it to be really questionable. They also play it up a lot. I just can't imagine that he's actually bad with it.

He absolutely is, he can't play her at all and gets really frustrated while doing so. I saw him stream trying her from time to time and its like seeing a silver player matched against a diamond, he gets abused consistently.

And they need to ban her since she is the strongest toplaner in the patch worlds play and he cant play against her at all either.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Previous Jesus posted:

Yeah, I've heard plenty of pro players say he can't play Nidalee either, and he would have to have scrimmed with it if they were going to play it in a tournament so I'm pretty sure he just can't play Nidalee and TSM will continue to ban it on blue side.

Yeah, and he was really vocal about it when he was still streaming. Him and wickd are the only toplaners I know who just can't play her at all.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

If tsm could steal meteos and sneaky from c9 you would get the best team NA can possibly have at this point.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
TSM shotcalling massively improved anyway, occasional throw aside. They look much more organised now than ever.

And c9 has their own set strategical blunders shown in this last split anyway, the difference is no longer so extreme between these two in this department.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
In other news no one really cares about, Gilius, after having the fun of getting his rear end handed to him in worlds returns to find out he lost his spot in UOL as jungler https://twitter.com/Giliuus/status/514812651428651009

And here I was looking forward to see UOL play :smith:

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Savage Cracker posted:

Looks like Roccat is/was scrimming with a Overpow/Jankos/Nukeduck/Woolite/Vander lineup.

I would prefer xasus top instead of overpow but xasus can't speak english so I guess this move make sense if they want nukeduck mid so bad.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Disinterested posted:

'I know, let's make half of the players in the most talented region unemployed and introduce regs to stop them getting jobs overseas. Not to worry, they won't get another gig in Korea either, since all the sponsorship will be tied up in single teams!'

I thought you were overreacting on KT teams fusion but apparently OGN is actually moving to 1 team per sponsor format...

I guess we can expect many more news of korean players moving to china very soon.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Any bets who will be the sponsor to drop their team to pick up Samsung rejects? My bets are on CJ entus.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Corbeau posted:

I flatly don't believe that this is a Riot-driven change, or anything but internal sponsor/organization decisions. Riot has shown very good sense about letting the professionals in OGN management do their jobs - jobs for which they are vastly more qualified than Riot themselves.

e: I guess except for wanting to restructure OGN's season timings to parallel LCS.

Apparently its not, I guess KeSPa want to have their own LCS or something.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I want uzi to lose a second worlds final in a row, preferably via a 3-0 again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
From what I heard its mostly keSPA's thing, with some riot korea input. And I think there is enough sponsorship in korea to support 12 teams, MVP and azubu could get a team again and there are some starcraft organizations that doesn't have a league team yet.

• Locked thread