Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I wonder if Lustboy will go on a tilt from Riot not interviewing him yesterday during the victory ceremony.

What is that referencing to?

In other news, Riot has banned SK coach Incarnati0n from attending Worlds according to their support nRated. Riot being arbitrary? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Thanks, didn't watch completely to the end since it was like ~ 2:30 am when the games finished.

lovely of Riot.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014

Crazy Larry posted:

You'd think they'd hire translators for interviews for marquee events like this considering how common it is for players to switch regions.

TSM's coach Locodoco, whom helped bring Lustboy over, could easily done it in a pinch. Heck, how hard would it be to just simply ask him how happy he must be? Doesn't even need to be a long and complex question.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014

Jerkface posted:

@AnnPragg 2m
I can confirm their are 2 full KR teams planning on competing in the NA LCS expansion tournament. There's also 1 full KR team in Europe.

LMQ starting from the bottom as any other challenger team I approve and applaud their accomplishments.

These teams are contenders that would have done nothing besides filling out an application sheet. Knowing Riot :shrek:, they will likely be accepted.
Think that would just a step down from the EG farce. Welp, hope EG get relegated and denied at least.

Edit: Grabbed the top one of both skins for EUNE. Thank you so much.

Dervyn fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 3, 2014

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Think both Dexter and Link are the main problem with Doublelift after them. Link because of his apparent lack of motivation & drive and Dexter because of his raging attitude. The pair appeared to the ones that threw Nien under the bus after the previous play-offs and doubtfully Seraph had a much better time since taking over top. CLG really need a captain that everybody respects and listen; it ain't DL and unfortunately it ain't Aphro either since his attempts to be the voice of reason is not heeded.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
If CLG gets relegated they should totally take advantage of not requiring the 3/5 roster requirements. Even if they get back to LCS through the expansion tournement, they're unlikely to to challenge for top 3 anymore.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014

Ihki posted:

In theory, sure the Chinese teams can scrim with Koreans on the Korean servers, but China and Korea are both very nationalistic countries who have a deep-rooted hatred for one another. Regional powers in Asia tend to really really hate each other. Either traveling to the other's country voluntarily would make them look weird back home, and they probably avoid practicing with each other as well. In that light it's not very surprising SHRC with a Korean coach and a split nationality team is imploding. Especially with the stories of the (Korean) coach forcibly guiding team strategy from protect-the-Uzi towards a more team-oriented playstyle.

Sounds like CLG should hire that coach.

Regarding LMQ, besides patriotic reasons, there are less incentives for them to go all the way to Korea compared to the other LCS teams. China isn't that far away from Korea so there is little time difference and ping for scrims and also give them some time to rewind at home. Some of them also have KR accounts already if not all. Vasilli was playing on his KR D1 account when NA was down some months ago on stream. I really doubt there is an unofficial no scrim rule between the nations either.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
From Korea, Watch. No clue about the others.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Now that M5 is dead and gone riot eu has picked a new team to relentlessly gently caress over till they disband, congrats to SK.

SK did that to themselves, don't see how that's Riot's fault. Heck, surprised they haven't thrown him out completely. Any chance the audience will boo SK (before and after) Svenskeren comes back? Haven't heard ching-chong in person for a couple of years since I walked past a kinder-garden.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Like nobody saw that after the first 3 picks. Let's take Trist to complete the puzzle. Kinda standard TSM comp.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
And the home crowd is going wild! They must be loving this. Thanks for playing the heel SK.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
That is if finishing the game as quickly as possible is the only criteria. Think about it this way, they're play at Worlds at home (edit: which might not happen again) with the home crowd cheering for them. They're also playing the one team everybody expects to beat (and predicted to be beaten by the two others). Might as well enjoy the game as much as possible while dismantle DP.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
No matter how quickly AHQ could beat DP would make many change their their minds on them being underdogs to EDG or SSW. It's like how many goals can you score against Andorra (smallest republic in Europe). Might as well put on a show and entertain the crowd.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Haha, Lucian has somehow brainwashed the entire Pro scene.

edit: Must be Riot's preparatory seminar. To what sinister end I don't know.

edit2: What? Uzi trying to be a hipster and not pick an open Tristana?

Dervyn fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Sep 18, 2014

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
drat, that was a fast picks and..

:siren: Blitzcrank :siren:

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Sheez, wasn't it also Samsung White which had that troll team in OGN and got their stats padded? Not saying AHQ threw, just saying it's snowballing to scores like that.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014

The Mash posted:

I really hope they kill the wildcard qualifiers altogether for the next Worlds because any game with DP or Kabum is automatically a waste of time even if they'll start doing funny picks or whatever

Be careful what you wish for - in interest of promoting esports, Riot would probably expand the tournement and guarantee some of the minor regions an automatic spot instead of wildcard qualifiers.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Wasn't it Millennium that kept banning Kassadin pre-rework, even on blue side, because Kerp couldn't play him? Even pro players can have champions that they have no affinity with.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Yeah.. SK is likely going 0 - 6 in groups.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Anybody know how ties are resolved? Didn't see anything on leaguepedia.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Lol Monte, rose coloured glasses. CLG has given him enough self deprecating material for at least another year.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
And what does that even mean to the Taiwanese crowd? They know he's offended them as a race and even did it directly to the people who wanted to support him and his team in the first place. They perfectly entitled to boo and jeer him and his team if they want to. It's not like they went any further than that. edit: If anything he got off lightly.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Garnetdevil still has lvl 1 boots!

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Why is it only Reginald's transfer dealings and management the ones under the loop? You wouldn't think that TSM haven't been 1st or 2nd the last 3 seasons. Is it the amount of tears and emotions displayed by the departed players? Yes, they were sad events, but the circumstances were not particularly acrimonious.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014

AParadox posted:

If tsm could steal meteos and sneaky from c9 you would get the best team NA can possibly have at this point.

Would still need a shot-caller unless Lustboy takes up that responsibility.

Is Noname the only shot-calling jungler in NA? Know that Crumbzz does early shot-calling for Dig, but not late.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
They said the other player, Cloud, is the better player, but is so toxic that team morale dropped considerably.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
LMQ! LMQ! LMQ!

Glad to see LMQ win, but kinda disappointed because I thought the Chinese teams would have a stronger showing.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014

Flameingblack posted:

Phreak was hyping OMG as equal to Edward Gaming, and they got obliterated by third-place LMQ who were a bottom 4 Chinese team before they moved to NA.

God bless the USA.

The current roster was mostly a bunch of substitutes even!

Now everybody is happy LMQ is a NA team ;).

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Man, Sjokz with some accessories could totally cosplay Pentakill Sona effortlessly.

Hopefully OMG will raise their level from last game and make the group even more open than predicted.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
I heard there are two Fly; one a player with Jin Air Stealths and one a coach whose team I forgot. edit: I might be wrong tho.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
What's up with this crowd? You should think it was held in US. "USA! USA!"

I remember when people was jeering LMQ when they playing in the Challenger Series! "USA! USA!" Now they're chanting it for another reason. :fsmug:

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

I think they targeted Shook hard with the Lee ban/Kha'zix pick, and it bore fruit well because his Elise was really shaky.

Was/is Shook one of those players that have LAN nerves?

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Yes! Thank you LMQ for double Aegis. People are like always why are you building a second aegis.

Oh, LMQ rocks.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Is Hai Riot's poster boy? Feel like they're constantly shoving Hai down our throat, remember they did similarly in BoA.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014

SpaceDrake posted:

Actually, I'm going to turn this around as a point of curiosity: why aren't there any RUS/Oz/LAN/LAS (with the latter discluding Brazil) teams in this Worlds? Are those scenes just considered too young/small, still? I would've thought there'd be a Russian team in, at the very least.

(There are no other "SEA" teams because, IIRC, the wider SEA league includes Taiwan and the Taiwanese teams currently tend to stomp teams from other countries. I'm open to correction on that, though.)

The wildcard qualifiers had TR/OZ/RU fighting it out for one spot and Br/(LAN/LAS) contesting the other.

Expanding beyond 16 is not likely feasible and taking spots from the other regions wouldn't be popular.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014

Skippy McPants posted:

I very much want to live in that world. Not because I harbor any animosity towards EU, but because their entire regular LCS season was a snore fest of fifty minute games followed by one team fight. They seriously need something to shake up the scene.

What if LMQ had gone to EU LCS instead of NA? I know some people who cry "foul" when you attack them early in RTS - some nonsense about an unspoken no rush rule; I imagine it would have been something like that :allears:.

Heck, I would have watched EU LCS if LMQ had gone there.

edit: So yeah, I knew there was a coach called Fly and apparently he was on with Jin Air who also has a player called Fly to confuse things. LMQ confirmed to have poached the coach and not the player.

edit2: The speculation was if an aggressive team like LMQ, which has a heavy emphasis on the early game, would shake up the staleness of the EU LCS.

Dervyn fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 25, 2014

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Dade's team is the annual sacrificial lamb that offered to appease the gods to grant the World Championship to the 3rd Korean seed that has strong showing in the regional play-offs.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014

Flameingblack posted:

There's a chance that it's not going to be 3 Korean teams and a Chinese team making it to Quarterfinals. Holy poo poo, no one predicted this. It's only one loss, but if LMQ tie with Blue and then win the tiebreaker, that means Blue has to battle Shield.

Well, there was some rumblings after the group draws that Blue might aim for the 2nd seed to avoid Blue vs. White in the semis. The usual conspiracy theories. However, I must admit the lower bracket look somewhat inviting in that if one can overcome NJSW you have one of the vulnerable looking Chinese teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014

Flameingblack posted:

It was as bad as Piglet crying in his loss against Imp, but not quite as bad as Nien's total mental breakdown.

At least the other two had/will have their team share their pain and rally around them while CLG..

• Locked thread