Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

CCKeane posted:

What if the scum have an ability that mind controls somebody into trying to pressure Diqnol into eating a bug what then?!

Then we're all doomed. Such... such power. It would be the end of us all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

I mean, really. If you find Keane scummy, vote for him. He's done enough by other peoples' metrics to warrant it.

Don't start making up improbable things and then give them a sugarcoating of ~setup speculation~.

Yeah that'd be pretty nutty.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Please don't feel pressured to explain how "Scum get a nightkill in addition to anything else they can do" and "Scum get a daykill in addition to anything else they can do" are equivalent in terms of logic and sense.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hi guys. I'm here and I'm hungover.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I got news for you people who have faith in me - I don't know who the last scum is and I'm having a lot of trouble trying to figure it out. I'd actually prefer if you guys talked about it more without me so I could, you know, get a better idea.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I got news for you people who have faith in me - I don't know who the last scum is and I'm having a lot of trouble trying to figure it out. I'd actually prefer if you guys talked about it more without me so I could, you know, get a better idea.

Okay, cool.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'm still fairly confident that Juanito is town. Betrayer has something of a bad attitude, and that pings my scumdar. But I'm not sure if I'm seeing genuine scumminess or just a bad tone. That said, I'm still fairly sure about my "scum in battle can't do night kills" theory. The ability to sabotage a battle would be far more powerful than taking out a single town at night. And so, I still have my sights set largely on CCKeane.

In fact, I'll do this.

##vote CCKeane

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Please don't feel pressured to explain how "Scum get a nightkill in addition to anything else they can do" and "Scum get a daykill in addition to anything else they can do" are equivalent in terms of logic and sense.

Baseless speculation is baseless speculation.

Looking at MEDS' interactions and opinions, it could just as easily be him. I dunno, I think I'm going to stick with Keane just because I've had a gut read on him this whole game and I should listen to that. I wish I felt more sure, I've liked Keane's posting a lot more in the past day and I'm not sure why he used his vig the way he did if he is scum.

Just a reminder that these posts were made.

Oh, and I figure I might as well flesh these out a little bit more.

For Pinterest, it's merely a case of being almost sort of the vote leader yesterday. The bandwagon switching off of him doesn't exonerate him of anything: If it had swapped to a townsperson, it might almost be damning. Since the bandwagon shifting nailed scum, I'm going to chalk it up to being a fluke. Not a heavy scum read, but one nevertheless.

I really don't like it when people go "Yay, we got scum". For one, it's useless. Number two, it's the sort of thing that someone could use to try and appear like they have the town's best interests in mind.

Secondly, while I have no idea what happened in the carnage of battle, Juanito going "Huh. Did they all hit the front row?" is the sort of harmless questioning that I'd offer up to nudge the town. I'm not yet ready to declare that we didn't have scum in the battle party simply because these results could be atypical or standard fare, but if I had to choose, I'd say it's Juanito.

I'm tentatively marking Fitty as town because he hasn't rubbed me the wrong way yet.

Having taken an extended absence from Mafia a while back, I don't know anything about how PM plays or functions, so I'm going to assume he's somewhat new.

On one hand, I can see him as scum trying to steer people away from himself and who we now know to be his scum buddy.

On the other hand, people relatively new to Mafia tend to get burned on making hard reads and cases and shy away from them until they actually get comfortable with both the concept that dying to make a good point is sometimes worth it and that you don't need a damned investigative result to be able to make a firm principled stand.

If the Baron's against Juanito and I don't get confirmation or denial on PM's experience (or lack thereof), color me undecided for the time being. We have a bit of time to deliberate.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Baseless speculation is baseless speculation.

I hardly see how "assuming scum have the usual defining role" is "baseless speculation".

But you've been pushing for me this entire game, yet you haven't had the loving balls to actually vote me.

##vote Somberbrero

Stop pussyfooting around and waiting for the rest of the thread to back you up, you opportunistic gutless coward.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I hardly see how "assuming scum have the usual defining role" is "baseless speculation".

But you've been pushing for me this entire game, yet you haven't had the loving balls to actually vote me.

##vote Somberbrero

Stop pussyfooting around and waiting for the rest of the thread to back you up, you opportunistic gutless coward.

wow rude

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Were you ever actually a good poster or was I just impressionable when I started playing mafia?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Were you ever actually a good poster or was I just impressionable when I started playing mafia?

Good is subjective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Y7brwz6fA

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If you read my post you would see that I'm not planning on voting you. I'm trying to figure this poo poo out and it'd be nice if you contributed anything substantial or anyone came away with a read on you that wasn't just 'eh.'

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote CCKeane I am sorry to repay you like this Keane.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

We have like an hour left before the deadline. I'm not sure what will happen if he fail to gain a majority. On the other hand, Keane is pretty scummy, so I'm happy with my vote where it is.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Meinberg posted:

We have like an hour left before the deadline. I'm not sure what will happen if he fail to gain a majority. On the other hand, Keane is pretty scummy, so I'm happy with my vote where it is.

I keep telling everybody, I am scummy IRL.

I mean for gently caress's sake I could have just secretly killed the blademaster or mentat or whatever and literally no one would have known it was me. People are just being big sillies.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I would vote for Somber or Betrayer before Keane at this juncture.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I would vote for Somber or Betrayer before Keane at this juncture.

I'd probably lean Betrayer over Somber, personally. I mean, just look at his name.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

CCKeane posted:

I mean for gently caress's sake I could have just secretly killed the blademaster or mentat or whatever and literally no one would have known it was me. People are just being big sillies.
This is a really good point.

Diq, did you know anything about Keane's vig before he mentioned it or was it really completely a secret?

Of course, Keane could also be using this vig to get town cred, but he could have done some damage to town if he wanted to.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
##vote Meds

26 minutes to deadline.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Juanito posted:

This is a really good point.

Diq, did you know anything about Keane's vig before he mentioned it or was it really completely a secret?

Of course, Keane could also be using this vig to get town cred, but he could have done some damage to town if he wanted to.

I knew he had the poisoner ability and I knew it had been souped up. I didn't know or expect it to be a vig.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Keane could have claimed it as a ploy to garner credit, though. But here's the thing, guys?

##vote nolynch

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
##vote nolynch

I'm in favor of this option, didn't realize it was available.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Oh god phone voting. ##vote no lynch

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The battle lines are chosen

House Harkonnen

Front: CCKeane, Meinberg, DGK
Back: Juanito, Somberbrero

House Atreides

back: gulag, apostate
Front: capps, fat sam, little mac

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'm not sure how easy it will be to one-shot Capps. Should we focus on killing him or winning the battle?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I'd assume he won't die and we just focus on the battle.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

For this phase, you should attack everybody except Capps. If he's as tanky as I am, he won't die.

This is the last chance for injured persons to tell me if they need healing.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Shoot Capps and Apostate!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Apostate is a damage mitigator. She's going to protect Capps probably. It might be good to shoot LM and her so next fight we can murder them.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'll leave it to your discretion! Gulag seems to be a laser guy, and that could be dangerous too! Pick your targets wisely~

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Final votecount for Day 3

Lynch No One! (3): anime gently caress pillow, Juanito, Meinberg
Somberbrero (1): MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
50 pounds of bread (1): DGK2000
CCKeane (1): Meinberg, Somberbrero, Meinberg
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (0): Juanito, Juanito

Not Voting (2): 50 pounds of bread, CCKeane

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Baron chooses mercy, utilizing the advantage of his numbers

No-one died D3

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I hate to post-deadline post, but should we PM our battle actions to you or busb?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
either works.

Please do not post in this thread until we notify that Day4 has started.
It's open so that either mod can resume the game if people get night actions in quickly enough.

busb fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 17, 2014

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sorry guys, busb is getting drunk in the wilderness somewhere and I put my house up yesterday ( and already have an offer!) so we got behind. I will reopen everything today.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DGK, Harkonnen Aligned Fremen Auxiliary, was killed in battle N3

No other casualties

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Who is hurt?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Presumably I am not.

Should I reveal my target?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nah wait a sec, I think Opop is resolving some stuff still.

• Locked thread