Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
diqnol please give me the honour of running Asiina through with my sword.

How does lights out work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Puntification posted:

Fair warning: if I'm not sting's character I'm gonna throw a massive tantrum. I will cry, use all caps and a ridiculous number of exclamation marks!

Are there even enough characters in Dune to get 16 for each side?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hey Asiina!

Are you listening?

I'm really sorry. I'm a doctor. I have to tell you that you're very sick.

You have buttitis. It is the sickness of being a butt.

AW SLAM SUCKA!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I am a stabby dude. Please let me stab dudes. Preferably Asiina, but I'll stab anyone really :hist101:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah, finding a good case to lynch someone on D1 is hard enough at the best of times. Now we have to do it twice?

Capps, you are a dumb dumb :saddowns:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ixtlilton posted:

Meinberg do you really think everyone is reading both threads? Plus Lumpen caring and not playing up his Lumpenness is his biggest town tell. There's probably a scum between Meinberg and Puntification from their weird thing earlier, but with Meinberg it's okay because you can just give him 2 or 3 gamedays and then check if there's anything in his post history he couldn't possibly ever believe.

I think this is a case of trying to read too much too early. I don't see anything suspicious about their interaction.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JakeP posted:

Other thread moving way faster than this why am I always in the dud thread what the hell I jut had a sausage egg and cheese bagel

Your farts smell and we all want to avoid it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:doh: I'm an idiot.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

chaoslord posted:

Haha, what happened with that?

I thought that thread was this thread :ughh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

You are aware that Diqnol is lynchproof, right? It's part and parcel of the system.

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I was hoping nobody would bring this up so I could weaponize double plurality later.

This sounds like Meinberg is trying to lull us into a false sense of security. diqnol not being lynchproof makes sense because it preserves the 'scum win with a majority' law of mafia and his post indicates he can indeed be lynched.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh ok, I guess I'll make my second Meds because quiet lurker blah blah blah

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Please do better than that.

It's the start of D1 and less than half the thread has really posted. What the hell are you expecting?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

I'm going to stick with my call on Punt. I really think the "two jokers on AFP" is forced and I don't like that one of those TWO WHACKY GUYS was me, who had called out Punt earlier in the thread. I think Punt might be GETTING NERVOUS that the GREAT CCKEANE IS ON THE CASE.

Rarity what do you think about this?

It was definitely forced but his defense of 'saying poo poo to get things moving' appeals to me because I've done similar things on D1 before. What was it that had you targeting him originally?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

I could buy that it's also being eaten up by having to read the other thread as a scum player.

Why do you think a scum player would need to read the other thread?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I agree with your disagreement.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gonna stake my ground on the only real read I've got

##vote Meinberg

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

rarity, what are you up to?

I've been working! And then having a drink with a work buddy :3:

Puntification posted:

Rarity - she's complained previously that people always think she's scum and maybe she's posting less because of this, feels like flying under the radar and might be scum-motivated

Yeah, I'm definitely less active than I used to be. I went through a multi-week long breakup and started a new job a week ago. No longer being unemployed means I have way less time to play mafia. Especially when I'm so tired I normally crash a couple of hours after getting home :(

The main thing that flagged to me in the 50 posts since I last checked the thread is this:

chaoslord posted:

Somber, you always think I'm scum.

This doesn't feel right. Somber always thinks I'm scum. He thinks it so much that he brings it up every single game we play together. Somber does not talk about chaoslord the way he talks about me. I don't think chaoslord has any basis to say that and it's an attempt to deflect suspicion. I'm willing to vote him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

Rarity, for what it's worth you read as town to me right now.

:monocle:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Puntification posted:

That sucks, well not the no longer being unemployed part (congrats), are meinberg, MCS and chaoslord your only scumpicks?

Meds is less of a scumpick and more of a start posting you dummy. But yes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok, those two posts are really bad. A whole lot of words with virtually zero content.

50, what do you think of chaoslord?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity, I need you to make some comments. Now.

You do remember that bit where I'm at work 8 hours a day, right?

I don't understand your reason for voting Ixt. There's nothing there that jumps out at me as overly scummy. I don't buy chaoslord's defence of himself, especially after he admitted that it wasn't even true that Somber always thinks he's scum. I think Keane and PM are most likely town. I'm suspicious of 50 and I hope he answers my question soon.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I'm at work right now :buddy:

I work in a call centre, I get zero chance to check the internet until I'm back home

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

50 pounds of bread posted:

He's a player in this game that could, or could not be scum.

My posts are fantastic, they are logical reasonings about why someone elses vote is fallacious.

Additionally they explain why me not posting "content" isn't indicative of alignment.

What more could you want?!

Opinions would be nice.

Also, the reason you gave for not posting content not indicating your alignment was "My lack of personal content is not inherently scummy". Your posts are a whole lot of justifications to explain why you don't need to do anything, you jumped on the Meinberg train with a joke vote and you're generally being obstructive to scum hunting. If you're not scum then you should stop being a twat and actually play some mafia cause right now you're just hurting us.

##vote 50

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

Is there a reason you put this argument to 50 but not DGK? I feel like DGK has been aggressively, openly useless as opposed to 50 who has honestly put in work.

Fair point. I spent 2 days of Civ 2 in a googledoc with DGK so I got a good look at his approach to scum hunting. The way he's playing here vibes with my general read on him as a player. In other words, meta.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

It's between PM and Dorkanoid, then. :siren: If you are voting for anybody other than Pinterest Mom or Dorkanoid, vote one of them instead! :siren:

This is going to sound scummy but I don't care. I don't like how you're dictating lynch targets. Yeah, you're confirmed town and that's great but being town doesn't mean you're right. You're taking away everyone else's agency and ability to scum hunt. If we need an extra vote on dorkanoid to ensure scum can't do a last minute bumrush on you then I'll switch but at the moment I'd rather vote for the person I most think is scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Today, we can't afford the luxury. The idiot in the other thread chose double plurality. If I leave the process organic as I'd like to, it's clear I am in danger. Sorry, but its for that reason only I have to do this.

Yeah, I do see where you're coming from in regards to today. That's why I said if it had to be done to ensure you survived then I would. I just thought this was how you were planning on doing things for the whole game.

The insane aspect of your comment is that I've taken away your agency to scumhunt. You've had plenty of time to do that and to get some frontrunners together but didn't really do so. Scum hunting has been the name of the game the whole time. I had to step in to get this done when it became clear apathy was too great.

I'm not sure if this comment is about me or the thread in general. I feel like I've done my fair share and picked out a few candidates who I think would be a good lynch. And as a thread we did have 50 as a likely frontrunner to join Ixt in getting lynched.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I'd be lying if I told you I didn't think you'd be a top 3 poster.

I know, but in fairness my level of activity has died in all my recent games, it's not like it's unique to this one.

I just realised how often Jake has switched his vote today and it is giving me some gut feels.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

dorkanoid posted:

Last I read the thread I think PM had 4-5 posts, mostly joke phase.

I don't see how the posts since then are "genuine"; while I agree with

there are just a few loose opinions, and an Ix vote based on the prompting by AFP, I have no problem with ##vote PM.

I note that the post quoted above had no vote attached, so I don't mind switching back to 22.7kg

I really don't like how when asked to case someone you immediately target the person diqnol's Thunderdomed you with. It reeks of self-preservation.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinterest Mom posted:

Self-preservation is fine, though. If you're town and you know you're town, it's better that the other guy get lynched than you, even blindly (0% chance of you being scum, ~25% of them being scum). In a situation where the options get artificially limited, you're going to want to throw the other guy under the bus.

I see where you're coming from but I'd still like dorkaoid to expand his reads to other players.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I would like one more person to claim if they're Melee and one more person to claim if they're ranged. I have my lineup set, otherwise.

I am melee.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's no point in voting for 50 now anyways. I prefer dork to PMom so ##vote dorkanoid. I'm assuming are we need to have 5 townies on each of the top 2 vote. If all the scum are currently voting Ixt then they could still pull off a diqnol lynch with a last minute swing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

It's for that reason that I pray people are around at the deadline.

I'm guessing Meds isn't going to show up and Ixt isn't going to care. Would the people voting PM be willing to switch to dorkanoid?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If the votes stay as it is now who gets lynched out of PM and dork?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think this battle is basically going to be a feeling-out process for both sides. I know what I can do if I'm sent but without knowing anything about the special skills of our opposition or the rest of our team it's hard to come up with a group strategy. I reckon all either side can really do is just send in a balanced team of people they trust and hope for the best.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I'm going to float an idea: What if I sent out only 3 people?

Then you'd essentially be conceding defeat. In such circumstances, I'd send out people I thought were scum as sacrifices.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I bet if I sent 3 scum only the battle would be lost but the net benefit to be town would be greater. Do I trust myself enough to do this?

From a mathematical standpoint, it's unlikely that we'd take more than one casualty and maybe not even that. In which case, we lose the battle with no benefit of a) killing scum or b) information from flips.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

I think we'll lose these because reading the other thread they seem to have some Fremen and this is deep desert.

That's completely setup spec from Capps, to be fair. I wouldn't call it a reliable source.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I am here but I am already voting dorkanoid. Alas.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
But more importantly

DEATH TO THE ATREIDES DOGS! MY SWORD WILL BATHE IN THEIR BLOOD! :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've not done a soldiers game before. Do people generally discuss battle strategy or just leave everyone to figure out their own action?

• Locked thread