Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I don't remember electing that Duke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I want lumpen as my rival.

Lumpen? More like Lame-n

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

apostateCourier posted:

I predict that in a stunning reversal YPM and I will be unconfirmed masons, but instead of me being the scum it will be YPM.

You should claim that I scum claimed to you in the thread

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Meinberg just chose me as his rival so I change my mind and want to fight him to the death or whatever.

Meinberg? More like Lameberg

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hey guys who am I?

Hurr Durr I'm Meinberg and I like to eat kale and no one likes me because I'm the worst

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
No but seriously guess who I was imitating

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

No no no it's not rarity. If you read it carefully it's clear who it's about. I'll give you a hint

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hey guys who am I?

Hurr Durr I'm Meinberg and I like to eat kale and no one likes me because I'm the worst

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

mr.capps posted:

guys do you think my singing is bad :(

Don't listen to him Capps, he is just mad that we have a glorious leader who has a strategic mind and a majestic voice.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Can I be your minister of enlightenment and by that I mean propaganda

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
At least I don't smell like kale, meinnerd

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Propaganda Machine posted:

But everybody who eats kale is skinny and wears Lululemon.

Anyone who goes to digimon for their fashion choices is scum

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Capps if you make me minister of enlightenment and by that I mean propaganda I may do a cover of I'll Make a Man out of You for our glorious nation

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I'm more equal than everyone else right?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I made my role pm is that alright

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Put me in the front so I can stab Meinberg and watch him bleed out like the space whale he is

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I will literally shrivel up and die immediately if you put me in a desert

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Keane's comedy is so bad even Mencia refuses to steal from him

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
It's sad that the other thread needs help from us to insult us

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
More like double LAMEality

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hello "TT"

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
TT please engage me so I can determine that you are scum

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Since TT doesn't want to play with me, I will now case Merk.

Merk, if you were on a two man surprise SK team where you had to use breadcrumbs and code to coordinate your kills, who would you pick from this thread to be your partner and why?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Merk, that was a poor answer.

Anyway, next question,

Who are the scum?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
A better answer than your last answer Merk, although not enough to fully erase the inadequacies of the first, so the final question:

What would you do differently if you were leader so far?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Fat Samurai posted:

His post is, word for word, the same first post than in the only game I've played with him. He was town.

Wait literally copied and pasted from that game

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Your Personal Muse posted:

A better answer than your last answer Merk, although not enough to fully erase the inadequacies of the first, so the final question:

What would you do differently if you were leader so far?

Merk you must answer this or I will rally the troops and vote you and you'll be lynched.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##vote merk

His first answer to my questions avoided any connections between him and any possible scum in this thread.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

King Burgundy posted:

Capps said to vote for the most inactive person in your group and I figured I was likely it. I normally won't self vote, but since there is no risk of hammer I figured I'd follow his instructions to the letter.

I'm around now though, so I'll try to contribute.

This is pretty dumb and I hate it.

:siren: MERK :siren:

I asked you who you would want your partner to be in a two man sk team, mostly to observe how you deal with being forced to make a connection between yourself and others. It is my theory that because scum do not like to draw connections with people, either because it might confirm town or implicate scum when they flip, they will answer connection questions in a strange way. You chose the ONLY confirmed town we have. Which mean, if you were scum and if you were to flip, that connection could not confirm town or implicate scum.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Man I was hoping that my rep as a player was good enough for at least some people to see what I was doing :( I'll keep to my clinical play from now on, jerks

##unvote

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

I kind of wanted to hop on, but

a) I'm honoring capps's voting request, and

b) I don't see great cases on the latter alphabet side of things, and

c) enough votes are out that two people are going to be lynched anyway.

The strongest latter-alphabet case so far is on n-whatshisname, but like I said, in this thread and outside of this thread, I'm just hesitant to lynch a newbie straight off the bat. Names are escaping me, but there are a couple folks on the other side I'd be willing to vote for.

First off:

What?

Second off:

Please enlighten me why you wanted to hop on the vote. What was enticing about it?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

capps is our king and should be respected.

He acts silly sometimes but his reads seem to be pretty good in general. He said if the two main suspects are on one side or the other, he'll allow side-breaking. Besides, splitting us up like this is forcing conversation and cases. He got accused of stifling a case, but overall I think this works to our benefit.

I'll honor that, okay? We have, like, two more real life days to sort this out.

I thought it was an interesting point that scum will avoid connections, for the reasons you stated. It's also pretty hilarious that he picks the king as his SK buddy.

But...

I think that sort of case is a lot more salient later on in the game, when you can use it a lot more clearly to pin down the actual scum.

So, like, say you're merk. As you said, if he's scum, he's going to avoid scum connections as they'd be damning on a flip, and he will avoid town connections as they'd be damning/revealing given a town flip.

But say you're town. Any given person you pick as the partner may in fact be scum, and the scum doc could easily use that to bus you.

So at this point, whether he's scum or town, capps is kind of the correct choice for that particular question.

Anyway it was a decent point worth thinking about.

Wait so you were going to vote Merk because he may or may not have been town or scum when answering that question?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I don't like PM

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Not exactly loving you, either, but at least you're saying stuff. Do you have anything on merk that doesn't involve that pairing theory?

I don't have anything on Merk. The whole thing was to see if anyone would jump on and try to get rid of Merk to little to no reason.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I should probably mention that me and apostate are in a masonry together, and he scumclaimed to me.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I would prefer to ##vote propaganda machine given her response to my case on Mills and just a general gut feeling.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I'll look at natx (can I call him scrillex)?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

GulagDolls posted:

please dont insult merk

My apologies Merk I did not mean to confuse you with your mortal enemy.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
RE: natx

1) it's his first game (according to votefinder). Newbies make dumb and stupid posts all the time where they try to generate fake content because they are dumb and stupid and don't know what is going on or how to play

2) he has like four posts and I don't like lurker lynches day 1. Lurker lynches give nothing to discuss or dissect other than "yep we lynched a lurker"

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

mr.capps posted:

its a double plurality vote, even if you don't want to lynch natx the scum are in the inactive players, this is a fact

I actually don't disagree with that statement. But day 1 is barely about lynching scum. It's more about arguing and building a foundation for future days. There is almost no foundation built by lynching a lurker.

Also again your analysis is that a newbie made an inconsistent post. They do that sometimes. My case is that PM tried to hop on a dumb and dead case on Merk. While there is merk fear, I don't think that it would be with townies this early. Plus, as others have mentioned, her posting just feels off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

mr.capps posted:

can you explain how that post makes since from a "town newbie" perspective.
because you are right, newbies do make dumb and stupid posts, and this looks like a scum newbie.

From my experience in my first town game, I didn't have any real reads. So I literally made reads up that I didn't believe in so that I could "contribute". This is a huge game with complicated mechanics. I would be more surprised if his posts didn't have inconsistent reasoning.

• Locked thread