Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Heroes of Wrestling. From the wikipedia page: "recognized as the worst major wrestling PPV of 1999 by the Wrestling Observer newsletter, and throughout the years has called the tag team match between the Bushwackers and Sheik/Volkoff one of the worst wrestling matches ever if not the worst. Observer editor Dave Meltzer gave that match the number of "Absolute Zero," while Bryan Alvarez of Figure Four Weekly gave it "minus more stars than there are stars in the universe, and the universe is infinite"."

This also has one of the :smith:-est Jake the Snake promos ever where he is clearly all sorts of hosed up on drugs and just dribbles complete bullshit out of his mouth for what felt like an eternity. His "only intelligible sentence" consisted of: "You don't want to play cards with me because I'll cheat. Okay? I cheat. You wanna play 21? I've got 22. You want to play blackjack? I've got two of those too!".

Oh and every match on the card was a "grudge match". The "promotion" (being extremely generous here) didn't have any history, or championships, so the only thing on the line was grudges. Between guys who had probably never met.

I think the Pisscast figured out that the average weight of the guys in this event was over 300 pounds. They were planning three more shows if they hit their break even point of 40k buys, but only got about two-thirds of that and combined with the subsequent universal panning of the event, cancelled them completely.

It's all on YouTube for the sake of posterity, but it's loving woeful and should probably never be watched by anyone.

edit: godfucking dammit. Oh well, leaving this here because of the extra stuff I put in. Don't watch it. I leave you with this image of Jake with his snake between his legs. He pretended it was his dick and then he jerked it for a bit. Really.

Memento fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Alteisen posted:

I'm trying to remember the name off it, new year's something, it was the only major WWE PPV to be done in Puerto Rico.

Main thing I remember from it was Maven get pinned twice I believe within 10 seconds and Lita landing outside the ring in a way that it legit looked like she broke her neck. I recall a lot of matches having to be cut due to injuries during that PPV.

New Years Revolution 2005. I vaguely remember the main event being alright, but the rest of the matches were utterly terrible.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

RZApublican posted:

Does anyone have the screenshot from when this was on Twitter? I need it to print it out and frame it.

Grendels Dad posted:

Wait, who am I supposed to shoot?

Is it Mark? Why would I shoot Mark?

edit: that's exactly 140 characters so I guess he didn't have enough room to Heil Hitler like he normally does.

Memento fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Sep 5, 2014

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

OldTennisCourt posted:

What would be considered the worst Wrestlemania?

Karmine posted:

Wrestlemania IV.

See, he agrees with me.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

coconono posted:

WHY AM I YELLING?

coconono posted:

COMMERCIALS. DURING A PPV.
That's as good a reason to yell as any. I'm amazed that we didn't get as many during XXX, because most people only paid them 9.99 for that show.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Wasn't this during the infamous Lesnar/Goldberg match at Wrestlemania XX?

There was a fair bit of noise then, the crowd were pretty invested in making GBS threads all over that match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
But you're still ok with Wrestlemania IV, right? Right. :colbert:

I was clicking around some stuff on profightdb, and I came across Unforgiven '07. On paper, that show looked pretty average, and apparently in execution it was a misery. When the best-rated match on the card is Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch vs. Brian Kendrick & Paul London you know you're in trouble.

I checked the show on the Network and just clicked on to the Cena vs. Orton match, thinking that this might have been a fresh thing from that long ago and it loving sucked. Then the Taker vs. Henry match also sucked, possibly even harder.

• Locked thread