Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

OldTennisCourt posted:

Has there ever been a non garbage strap match ?

The Savio Vega/Steve Austin one is the only "Well it wasn't TOTALLY terrible" strap match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

What would be considered the worst Wrestlemania? 9 seems to be a common choice if only because of the horrendous ending with Hogan crushing Yokozuna in 22 seconds to essentially make the entire preceding match a waste of everyone's time.

At least 9 had a pretty good Steiners match.

11 on the other hand had 0 redeeming features.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

britishbornandbread posted:

Not contributing too much to the discussion here, but I generally feel the main event of 12 is horrendously overrated. Who the gently caress wants to sit through an hour long technical wrestling match where the only interesting thing that happens is the ring announcer getting superkicked and a sharpshooter with thirty seconds left?

I'm the biggest Bret mark in the world, and have come to really appreciate Shawn, but the way these two and the WWE diefy that match really annoys me.

The main event of WM12 is one of the biggest examples of WWE's revisionism. They herald it as this incredible match that enthralled the entire crowd for a full hour, but it's 55 minutes of loving rest holds, then 5 minutes of above-average technical wrestling.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Fauxhawk Express posted:

D2D '06 has a has a really bad crowd to match the show's quality. People go from indifference to making GBS threads on the show to people just straight up leaving, and culminating with a huge fight outside the arena after the show.

Two points to expand on that: People started leaving before the first match was even over. They clearly saw the iceberg.

And a few reports stated that the fight outside the arena was better than any of the matches on the card.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

However, I think Rumble 99 is the one with the guys in the front row jamming the gently caress out to Gangrel's theme, so I can't hate it 100%.

bobkatt013 posted:

The Foley/Rock match is pretty infamous and worth a watch. It also has amazing Russo booking.

And by "worth a watch", the actual meaning is "worth a watch once, then never again". I still struggle to watch it. That match alone had to have taken a few years off Foley's life.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 29, 2015

• Locked thread