Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JGKing
Dec 26, 2012

What has happened to this company?!

OldTennisCourt posted:

I really hope we get more UFC shows in the thread. I can see how WWE shows can go to poo poo due to planning, storylines being garbage, the backstage bullshit and all, but UFC seems like it should be more straightforward and at worst you get a short underwhelming match. I honestly can't believe a UFC show was straight up cancelled.

UFC 1 was quite a car crash but I think it's sort of beloved these days, kind of like an ageing relative. Some of the oddities featured include:
- The lead commentator flubbing his very first line. He sort of burps or gets possessed. It's weird.
- No time limits, no judges.
- A sumo vs a savate fighter in the very first UFC bout ever. The sumo gets a tooth kicked out.
- A boxer who fights with one glove on for some reason.
- The boxer tapping out because Royce Gracie has him on the floor and...that's it. He'd applied nothing. The boxer just tapped out because "gently caress, I'm on the floor!"
- The savate fighter vs Royce Gracie in the final. Savate dude bites Gracie's ear. Gracie keeps his chokehold on for a little while after the bell to teach him a lesson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JGKing
Dec 26, 2012

What has happened to this company?!

Testekill posted:

Also possible homeless man Harold Howard who claims that he'd be able to beat Royce Gracie on the ground who then attempts some kinda of flippy scissor kick in the main event and just falls flat on the ground.

Harold Howard is also the subject of the best tribute I've ever seen. Just watching it gets me pumped up.

It features said flippy scissor kick. And a triumph of 80s songwriting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vaw8t-wOMEA

EDIT: OH MY GOD his dance 30 seconds in synchs up with the music as well. I'd forgotten all about that. Just watch this video.

DOUBLE EDIT: AND! AND his manager is the biggest kiss-rear end ever, which is even evident from this short video. He copies Howard's warm-up dance for no reason. Also look out for 55 seconds or so in. A fight has been cancelled and Howard is declared the winner. His manager runs to celebrate with him, sees Howard's angry reaction, and swiftly changes his celebration into an angry air punch. It's amazing.

JGKing fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Sep 3, 2014

• Locked thread