Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Instead of watching Raw tonight I made grilled eggplant stuffed with whole-milk ricotta over tomato sauce. When it was ready to serve I played John Cena's theme music so it was like watching Raw, but more satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Chinston Wurchill posted:

They actually addressed this in a sensible backstage segment where Henry said he was putting the World's Strongest Show on hold to defend America's honour.

Oh. Neat! I like when they acknowledge that each feud isn't just in its own bubble.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I wish wrestling was always good instead of being bad sometimes.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I'm not going to defend Raw... but that Bo Dallas segments was one of the funniest segments I've ever seen. He brings out three people who Swagger let down:

- Guy number one is a farmer who bet his entire life savings on Swagger winning, and is now going to lose his entire farm.

- Guy number two is a immigrant from Italy who failed his citizenship test because he was so disappointed in Swagger's loss, and now he's going to get deported.

- The third person's kid has changed his hero to Putin after Swagger's loss.

That was awesome.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Solomonic posted:

Instead of watching Raw tonight I made grilled eggplant stuffed with whole-milk ricotta over tomato sauce. When it was ready to serve I played John Cena's theme music so it was like watching Raw, but more satisfying.

RRRRRRRRRRAPAFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Solomonic posted:

good_decisions.txt

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Reigns isn't very good and :laffo: at anyone who thinks he can sustain the Cena-position for any length.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GrimGypsy posted:

Reigns isn't very good and :laffo: at anyone who thinks he can sustain the Cena-position for any length.

Don't tell Vince, he'll push him even more

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Don't tell Vince, he'll push him even more

What's wrong with your faaaaace?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

achillesforever6 posted:

Don't forget Willie Mack also got signed

That I didn't know, that's pretty awesome. Having said that, I'm starting to hope that the current crop of amazing Indie/Japan to NXT guys just stay there and do good wrestling, but I also want them to make more money than that, so I'm conflicted. Maybe they can stay there for a couple of years and be great, then Vince can go somewhere else and Cena can explode into a fine pink HGH-mist in the ring and they can get called up into a reinvigorated WWE that needs new stars.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

On one hand I can't wait for all this awesome Indy/Japanese talent to make the main roster so I can watch cool wrestlers be cool but on the other hand I know if they get called up they'll be hosed over by Vince, Dunn, and the eternal cycle of "creative has nothing for you." Conflicted.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

Solomonic posted:

You couldn't recreate the true RAW experience unless you only ate grilled eggplant for 10 years straight and the second you started to eat anything else a 69 year old lunatic ran up, shoved you down and shoved grilled eggplant down your throat.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

I was there tonight, which was cool, and so I enjoyed it for that reason, but I don't think I would have enjoyed watching it at home.

The crowd was really into Rollins (he's from Iowa), just wondering if that got across on television.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

I was there tonight, which was cool, and so I enjoyed it for that reason, but I don't think I would have enjoyed watching it at home.

The crowd was really into Rollins (he's from Iowa), just wondering if that got across on television.

King said that the reason they were chanting "We want Rollins!" was because you all wanted him to get into the ring with Reigns and get his rear end kicked. Confirm/deny?

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

On one hand I can't wait for all this awesome Indy/Japanese talent to make the main roster so I can watch cool wrestlers be cool but on the other hand I know if they get called up they'll be hosed over by Vince, Dunn, and the eternal cycle of "creative has nothing for you." Conflicted.

I for one can't wait for KENTA's amazing new gimmick: Kawasaki Motorboat the guy who can't pronounce R's and loses to Cena the instant he gets over.
or Kevin Steen as: Fatty Asscrack the pie eating master of fart based destruction who loses to Cena the instants he starts to get over.
don't forget Prince Devitt aka Steve Steverson! The man who doesn't even get to be fed to Cena because his show tunes singing gimmick failed to get over.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

NXT is the best place for anyone with talent to be.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Reigns and Orton should join forces to beat up everyone uglier than they are. Then Tyler Breeze can be the one person they decide to leave alone.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pariah Rex posted:

I for one can't wait for KENTA's amazing new gimmick: Kawasaki Motorboat the guy who can't pronounce R's and loses to Cena the instant he gets over.
or Kevin Steen as: Fatty Asscrack the pie eating master of fart based destruction who loses to Cena the instants he starts to get over.
don't forget Prince Devitt aka Steve Steverson! The man who doesn't even get to be fed to Cena because his show tunes singing gimmick failed to get over.

Or Willie Mack as the next guy to lose to Rusev multiple times

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Pariah Rex posted:

There is a level of cynicism and pessimism that I wonder why people watch. No offense mind you because the product has been lovely of late, but jeez.

And I'm a goddamn Pittsburgh Pirates fan so I know a thing or two about cynicism and pessimism.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

There is a level of cynicism and pessimism that I wonder why people watch.

I asked myself this same question several times during RAW.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

TheJoker138 posted:

King said that the reason they were chanting "We want Rollins!" was because you all wanted him to get into the ring with Reigns and get his rear end kicked. Confirm/deny?

I love how they did this after using "we're in his hometown! the one place that will cheer him!" earlier in the show. Don't think they were prepared for cheers.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

There is a level of cynicism and pessimism that I wonder why people watch. No offense mind you because the product has been lovely of late, but jeez.

And I'm a goddamn Pittsburgh Pirates fan so I know a thing or two about cynicism and pessimism.

And I'm a Wake Forest fan, so yeah but yeah this.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

NickRoweFillea posted:

Brock Lesnar is your champ

I think you mean Brock Cena is your WWWE champ.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

achillesforever6 posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battered_person_syndrome

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

The Landstander posted:

The Brie/Steph storyline was well-handled and resulted in a surprisingly watchable match - the Nikki heel turn made a lot of sense. But for the airtime they're being given, the crowd really really didn't seem to give a poo poo anymore, even when they brought in AJ and Paige. Admittedly this was Iowa, which tends to be awful, but I think the acting talents of the Bellas being used in a soap opera-y promo heavy storyline might be the bigger problem?

It's a storyline obviously meant to appeal to the people that watch Total Divas (and I assume will probably play into that show too?) but nobody actually gives a poo poo about it. I think I heard faint "boring" chants when I went to see what was going on and that segment was on.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

I watch because I grew up watching wrestling with my dad and I've been watching for two decades. I don't just watch WWE though I watch a lot of everything, and in all honestly If it wasn't for this forum I'd have had plenty of times where I'd have stopped watching WWE for a while. As it is though it's just something to do on mondays, dry fridays and the ocasional sunday.

Also other than the fact that they might just maybe push Roman Reigns and we might finally get a new top guy, I don't see why I shouldn't be cynical.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

TheJoker138 posted:

I must deny.

The Landstander posted:

I love how they did this after using "we're in his hometown! the one place that will cheer him!" earlier in the show. Don't think they were prepared for cheers.

They specifically didn't say his hometown during his entrance announcement, I'm guessing because we would have gone nuts. Des Moines is technically not his hometown (It's Davenport) so maybe they missed it but Iowans identify with the state, not their city.

Honestly a lot of people were upset Big E wasn't there (he played for the University of Iowa football team, which is pretty much all that we have here in Iowa).

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Someone kindly convince me that Reigns isn't gonna end up as Diesel 2.0. I like the guy and want him to succeed, but I really think there's gonna be backlash against the guy down the road for how hard he's being pushed.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

GrimGypsy posted:

I think he could be a top guy eventually and has a lot of room to improve but he's in danger of being pushed too hard right now and exposed very badly. right now there's just potential with him but not a lot that I can actually say is very good. his promos in particular need a lot of work.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Sep 2, 2014

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Someone kindly convince me that Reigns isn't gonna end up as Diesel 2.0. I like the guy and want him to succeed, but I really think there's gonna be backlash against the guy down the road for how hard he's being pushed.

He can be Diesel 2.0 all he wants if it means that after he stumbles Ambrose gets to fill the top spot. Or Rollins or ??? I really don't care who it is as long as it's someone new on top.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Stockholm syndrome I guess. There are a lot of guys on the roster that I really like, even ignoring Bryan, Ambrose, and Barrett, like Ziggler, Cesaro, Rusev, Sandow, Rollins, Wyatt, etc etc. But then I watch them languish around in the midcard doing jack poo poo or getting fed to Cena, and it's really hard to not descend into that extreme level of cynicism because for every guy like Bryan who manages to break through the stop-start we got nothing for you bullshit and escape the fed to Cena stage, there are a hundred guys who go nowhere.

I want to like the current product but sometimes WWE makes it so hard.

But whatever, whenever WWE gets too painful I listen to 80s speed metal and watch Japanese wrestling to make the pain go away.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 2, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Dunno if this was talked about in the raw thread, but imagine if that had said Marry Me Nikki instead of Tag Me In on the other side of the you can't c me sign.

Unless tag me in had actual significance. I stopped watching after the Brie killed Ryan skit.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I don't like fantasy booking, but I'd have given Reigns the IC title and have him kill people en route to breaking HTM's record before pushing him into the main event.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Paige is learning a lot from Regal about pulling faces in the background.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Sep 2, 2014

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

With all the other talent they have there's no way Reigns isn't going to get major backlash. If Jason Jordan gets good on the mic then Reigns is as good as a belt pillow for a few years anyhow :pusheen:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I watched a lot of wrestling when I was a kid during the late 80ies and 90ies. I got to see the whole Hogan era, Macho Man, NWO and so on. Once I finished school I didn't watch wrestling for a long time and missed the whole attitude era. Couple of years ago I started watching again on a casual basis cause of some work colleagues.

I don't "get" what is currently going on. Back then even the unimportant guys were allowed a short promo and pretty much every feud had a little storyline of it's own, even if it was just something stupid like "Heel does not like the Face's hairstyle/music/costume".

Last year I had some hope again for the product thanks to guys like CM Punk, Bryan, The Shield, Cesaro, Brock and a few others. But the last two RAWs really showed how thin their personal roster is. And I don't even want to think about Cena getting his win back.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Reigns is CRAZY loving athletic compared to Kevin Nash, is the biggest difference. This means he is likely able to be much more versatile if/when given the latitude for it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Dunno if this was talked about in the raw thread, but imagine if that had said Marry Me Nikki instead of Tag Me In on the other side of the you can't c me sign.

Unless tag me in had actual significance. I stopped watching after the Brie killed Ryan skit.

Cena didn't get tagged in until the end of the match and he grabbed the sign during the break. It was probably planted.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I want Cena to win just to see how bad things get from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I don't think Cena is winning because putting the title on Brock Lesnar for a month is literally pointless but this company has done dumber things

• Locked thread