Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingsPawn
May 23, 2006
E4!
Ya know, I really like Mark and would love him to do color commentary on a whole range of subjects ranging from ear biting to how much he loves to live MAS. But seriously, he is my favorite and Jason seems to be spiraling out of control with his tats. So, it will be amusing to see how or if he comes back next week with a win or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Based on their performances so far, I can only assume Cleen, Erik, and Aaron will be the final three.

Cris is extremely lucky to still be there, Jason's nerves are getting to him again, and Mark is only now starting to show signs of his experience (though if Aaron has a bad day, I could see him in that final spot.)

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

savinhill posted:

There's not many easier ways to get me to hate someone than saying that they're responsible for the NFL's pink october merchandising opportunism. I did agree with him about Erik's tattoo being better than Clean's though. I thought Clean's was just a bad design that looked like Eddie in old-lady drag, while Erik gave his dude the badass, evil design he wanted, plus he pulled it off on the dude's back head & neck area that looked like it had nasty pockmarks and fatrolls.
Laughed out loud at that nincompoop actively trying to glean noble glory and accolades from his family's genetic predisposition for cancer as well as assuming he was somehow the one directing his profit-hungry corporate overlords.

I also thought Cleen's skull looked like some 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert' cornball poo poo

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Saw a post from Tim Hendricks about being on the show next week. Tim Hendricks rocks and I can't wait to see him on the show!

I never thought I'd say this, but I kinda miss Josh.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Laughed out loud at that nincompoop actively trying to glean noble glory and accolades from his family's genetic predisposition for cancer

Yeah, no poo poo. Speaking as a cancer survivor, you don't fight cancer, you simply survive it if it's caught in time.

So many charities talk like if you try hard enough you can survive cancer. You literally don't have to do a loving thing (other than follow your doctor's instructions) and you're totally at the mercy of your doctors picking the correct treatment.

Pity you can't get sent home for bombing a flash challenge, Jason's bullshit wing drawing with nothing else in it should've sent his rear end home.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Wade Wilson posted:

Yeah, no poo poo. Speaking as a cancer survivor, you don't fight cancer, you simply survive it if it's caught in time.

So many charities talk like if you try hard enough you can survive cancer. You literally don't have to do a loving thing (other than follow your doctor's instructions) and you're totally at the mercy of your doctors picking the correct treatment.
Yeah I recently saw that documentary "Pink Ribbons Inc." on netflix and the enormity of corporate greed, corruption and media-promoted narrative of lies and fallacies that singlehandedly puppetmaster the "awareness" racket are profoundly revolting and allowed to run rampant without critical analysis by the public due to the moronic blanket of reductiveness our culture wallows in. They've collaborated to create a status quo notion that anyone who has succumbed to one civilization's most dreaded incurable diseases "didn't 'fight' hard enough". What a grotesque sham, and this doesn't even cover just how little of charity proceed funding goes toward meaningful, targeted academically useful research

This is...not the thread for this, but I sincerely detest seeing this fraudulent profiteering being shoehorned into every possible media avenue without ever being questioned for its evident corruptness.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 21, 2014

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Yeah I recently saw that documentary "Pink Ribbons Inc." on netflix and the enormity of corporate greed, corruption and media-promoted narrative of lies and fallacies that singlehandedly puppetmaster the "awareness" racket are profoundly revolting and allowed to run rampant without critical analysis by the public due to the moronic blanket of reductiveness our culture wallows in. They've collaborated to create a status quo notion that anyone who has succumbed to one civilization's most dreaded incurable diseases "didn't 'fight' hard enough". What a grotesque sham.

This is...not the thread for this, but I sincerely detest seeing this fraudulent profiteering being shoehorned into every possible media avenue without ever being questioned for its evident corruptness.

And didn't have enough "support" in the form of pestering pledge drives, pole-sitting-competition sponsorships, and marketing tie-ins.

Pretty sure this is a fine thread for the observation and discussion of vile marketing cross promotions. Live Mas!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Ahaha. Well alright then.

For the month of October, this program will be known as "Pink Master". Give (Susan G Komen Executives) Mas!

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
"Breast Cancer- Breast Cancer is a deadly disease for women. It's the most important cancer because..."

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

"...ruthless mercenary PR firms have arbitrarily fused it to a color that produces intrinsic feelings of warmth, friendliness and safety in the collective public consciousness, allowing us to broach the idea of cancer without compromising a housewife's desire to buy Dove Soap and Doritos Locos Home Taco Kits"

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
What the hell does Cleen Rock One mean?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

What was DeAngelo Williams' answer to that question at the end? Something like "If you ride the middle you just end up mediocre, if you have highs and lows you want to have more highs than lows and then you're in the top"

Christ

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Wade Wilson posted:

Pity you can't get sent home for bombing a flash challenge, Jason's bullshit wing drawing with nothing else in it should've sent his rear end home.

I'm still annoyed at Cris for the bullshit he pulled in the amputee flash challenge. His canvas wanted a really cool tattoo (a wraparound shark head that looked like it was eating his arm) and he talked the guy into a lovely easier design.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Power of Pecota posted:

What was DeAngelo Williams' answer to that question at the end? Something like "If you ride the middle you just end up mediocre, if you have highs and lows you want to have more highs than lows and then you're in the top"

Christ
the power of a free ride through college courtesy of footballs

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Nierbo posted:

Yeah, I don't get why he's so ashamed of his real name.

Nothing wrong with going by James.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Are we gonna ask questions about Cleen Rock One's name when we just had a season with Halo and Sausage as two of the top four?

dumbhand
Nov 5, 2004

WATCH OUT!

Nierbo posted:

It was his graffiti name

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I guess when you're a college then NFL superstar you don't need to be articulate - or even coherent.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm still annoyed at Cris for the bullshit he pulled in the amputee flash challenge. His canvas wanted a really cool tattoo (a wraparound shark head that looked like it was eating his arm) and he talked the guy into a lovely easier design.

Seemed like the judges didn't want to insult any of the tats on the amputees but that really was bullshit. The concept was great and could have been done but instead he now has a tattoo he didn't want or ask for.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Nierbo posted:

It's an old graffiti term. When you throw your tag up and are the first person to use that name you are can claim it by stating that you were the first to "rock" that tag. Hence Cleen Rock One.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I hope we get another goon competitor in a future season and they use their SA username on the show

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

It's an old graffiti term. When you throw your tag up and are the first person to use that name you are can claim it by stating that you were the first to "rock" that tag. Hence Cleen Rock One.
Oh kool.

Who was the previous SA competitor?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Nierbo posted:

Oh kool.

There was Sarah in season 2, and she was the girlfriend of a goon. But I know there's been at least one or two other contestants who have come into the threads. If I remember right, Chris May from season 3 popped in around the time a canvas walked out on James Danger.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Chris May from S3, the beardo with the hat who cried a lot on camera. He seemed alright but he disappeared for good after posting like 3 times.

Before that Sarah "Stinkface" Miller from S2 was reputedly some goon's girlfriend, which is still funny in retrospect. He probably died after having his balls gnawed off during a likely breakup. :roflolmao: She's probably been the best performing female artist in the show's run, though.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 24, 2014

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Nierbo posted:

Oh kool.

Best Ink had Teresa Sharpe who is a goon, and won her season. I don't know if she posts anymore though. Username Bang gently caress Im Dead! which would be well better than Cleen Rock One.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
It's pretty clear that aaron had the better tattoo.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

"Flip a coin" - come on now Cris.

And now Aaron's freaking out, Mark's doing well, ... this really is just all filler until Cleen wins, huh?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Holy poo poo, what does Cris have to do to get eliminated? I am truly surprised he's still in the competition.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Gaunab posted:

Holy poo poo, what does Cris have to do to get eliminated? I am truly surprised he's still in the competition.

Same, he's got to be the luckiest one yet (Baby doesn't count since, y'know.) If he makes it to the finale, it'll be a miracle (then again, everyone except Cleen has had a strong down as well as ups.)

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Gaunab posted:

It's pretty clear that aaron had the better tattoo.

Aaron got loving robbed, Chris's tattoo was so wonky.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Gaunab posted:

I don't understand why he still keeps squeaking by. Last night was rather unexpected but getting to see Tim Hendricks on screen again was pretty cool.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Throwdown posted:

Aaron got loving robbed, Chris's tattoo was so wonky.

To be fair both tattoos were really loving wonky, but from their histories in the competition Chris should have been out of there. Aaron had put up way more quality work.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

I guess they thought Aaron's looked worse in terms of portrait accuracy, but it really was more of a tie. Based on history and the human canvas vote, Cris should have been gone.

It surprised me that Nunez claimed he had seen better work from Cris overall. Wasn't Dave the only one to vote in Aaron's favor? He even pointed out how Cris had given up in the middle of a tattoo.

KingsPawn
May 23, 2006
E4!
I really think they should have kicked Cris. That poo poo was terrible. If he makes it in the top three I'm going to loving lose it, haha.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

This season has consistently been showing that Dave Navarro is the most sensible person on the judging panels, which is hilarious for so many reasons

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

OmegaBR posted:

Same, he's got to be the luckiest one yet (Baby doesn't count since, y'know.) If he makes it to the finale, it'll be a miracle (then again, everyone except Cleen has had a strong down as well as ups.)

Is there a behind the scenes story about her? Or are you just talking about her getting voted back by the audience.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
What I find to be bullshit is that they said that both tattoos were so close that they couldn't be judged and neither won best tattoo of the pair. Afterwards, the human canvass jury votes Chris's to be the worst and they not only ignored that but Dave's pick. I even asked Aaron (who was hungover as gently caress today, he got really wasted last night) if he had pissed off any of the other judges at conventions. My guess is since they wanted drama and ratings, Aaron got the axe because of the whole king of portraits thing. On another note, the website to order Marks and Cleens headphones crashed today, they said it was due to too many connections at once.

If anyone is interested, I uploaded a bunch of Aarons portrait work today, his style isn't for everyone but I really feel like he was pretty hamstrung in the competition and it was definitely not his best work. (the Katy Perry is mine... don't ask) http://imgur.com/a/lQjfh

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Epi Lepi posted:

Is there a behind the scenes story about her? Or are you just talking about her getting voted back by the audience.

No backstage gossip or anything, it was just pretty obvious that the judges were giving her a pass as she got progressively worse, probably due to her online popularity (she constantly got the fan vote for best tattoo.) Maddie (who by the way, got in a fight with her boyfriend and arrested this past week for domestic,) was eliminated off a bad garter belt, despite Baby's not even being finished. But the real and greatest injustice came when she actually told the judges she had to leave, realizing how much she had deteriorated, and they convinced her to stay only to eliminate Craig instead, who did a poor black and grey piece, but had otherwise killed it in previous tattoos (Josh was also up for the third time in a row during that elimination.) She naturally made it to the finale, but was quickly eliminated first out of the three.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Agree with the consensus opinion of being amazed that Chris is still in the running to be Ink Master. Those solid lines on the portrait's cheeks still haunt me LOL.

Throwdown posted:

What I find to be bullshit is that they said that both tattoos were so close that they couldn't be judged and neither won best tattoo of the pair. Afterwards, the human canvass jury votes Chris's to be the worst and they not only ignored that but Dave's pick. I even asked Aaron (who was hungover as gently caress today, he got really wasted last night) if he had pissed off any of the other judges at conventions. My guess is since they wanted drama and ratings, Aaron got the axe because of the whole king of portraits thing. On another note, the website to order Marks and Cleens headphones crashed today, they said it was due to too many connections at once.

If anyone is interested, I uploaded a bunch of Aarons portrait work today, his style isn't for everyone but I really feel like he was pretty hamstrung in the competition and it was definitely not his best work. (the Katy Perry is mine... don't ask) http://imgur.com/a/lQjfh

When Nunez said he wasn't going to vote, he should have been told to close up shop and leave the show. He has one job to do, and bailed on it! After so many episodes, how is that acceptable?!

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Binary Logic posted:

When Nunez said he wasn't going to vote, he should have been told to close up shop and leave the show. He has one job to do, and bailed on it! After so many episodes, how is that acceptable?!

Pretty much, and them saying that both tattoos are similar in any way is horse poo poo, the only reason why I am still going to watch this show is to see Mark and once he is gone I am gone. I checked the ink master facebook and they are getting a pretty big backlash about the last vote and this season in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Throwdown posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo every single one of those is absolute garbage.

• Locked thread