Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

LaTex Fetish posted:

nah, the social stuff was 20 times more fun than dicking around in some stupid tv-land dungeon fighting loving power cable monsters

Why not just play some visual novel for manchilds, then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i have strong opinions about the various sub-series of the megami tensei franchise

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

qnqnx posted:

Why not just play some visual novel for manchilds, then

because you get cool powers in the rpg part of the game if you do the social part of the game

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The main problem with persona is that its on a console that has no games.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mabels big day posted:

you can get all current persona games on the playstation vita, which also has project diva f and tomba 1 :)

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

both the Playstation Vita and Anime are Fairly Freaking Win.

Dec 26, 2012

mabels big day posted:

yeah the ps2 definitely has no games, mmhmm

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

i have kaneko's complete works somewhere because he fuckin owns

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

elf help book posted:

i have strong opinions about the various sub-series of the megami tensei franchise

i do

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

if you do not have strong opinions about the sub series of SMT you are probably a failtard. Farewell.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Silver Striker posted:

if you do not have strong opinions about the sub series of SMT you are probably a failtard. Farewell.

they are cool

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

out with you

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
gb2gbs if you dont have strong opinions on the most important thing in life, video games

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Chaos path best path, hail Satan mofos!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Jack Frost bitches

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

did they ever fix that awful EU version if devil survivor?

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
shigeru miyamoto's tenchu

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Psycobladder posted:

Chaos path best path, hail Satan mofos!

i always follow my heart and end up neutral

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
louis cypher is chill as hell and the chaos path people are usually the second raddest

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

chaos path is bullshit cause apparently being a spiritual libertarian also requires you to be a jerk to everyone

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Tear down the system! Anarchy, anarchy!
Also being neutral is hard without some sort of guide, there are only Law and Chaos dialogue choices, and they each have a different weight to them.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i got neutral on accident, it was super frustrating

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Psycobladder posted:

Tear down the system! Anarchy, anarchy!
Also being neutral is hard without some sort of guide, there are only Law and Chaos dialogue choices, and they each have a different weight to them.

its even harder in smt4 iirc

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Silver Striker posted:

I ended up as neutral on a blind run

Apparently that's really lucky or something

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Silver Striker posted:

its hard in smt 4 becasue u have to be barely law or chaos before a certain choice then choose the opposite alignment choice to get neutral. theres a very small margin for error

Dec 26, 2012

Widestancer posted:

I ended up as neutral on a blind run

Apparently that's really lucky or something

Swelter Discharge posted:

its hard in smt 4 becasue u have to be barely law or chaos before a certain choice then choose the opposite alignment choice to get neutral. theres a very small margin for error

yeah the issue is theres one big choice right near the split where it bumps you either considerably towards law or considerably towards chaos so like he said you have to be in a very specific area and make the right choice of those. its pretty obnoxious

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
lol

you have my sympathies euro imps.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

if europe had just let germany win one of those wars they probably wouldnt be having this problem. something to think about

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i dont think jews are involved in this so idk

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Official Chaos Theme song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxk3c_SbWMg
Also I finally beat SMT4, last boss was a little easy, gonna move on to Person 3 now.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
One time I had a dream I was at an arcade that had SMTxTETRIS

I told some people about this and someone else had seen this in a dream

Unfortunately neither of us played it

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Gonna use this thread to confess that I pre-ordered the special edition of SMTIV and then could not get into it at all. It's sitting on my shelf in the hopes that it will appreciate in value to whales at some point. I just did not enjoy the combat, and the prologue section sucked the joy out of it for me. I stare at it collecting dust sometimes, thinking how much I will never play it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

surc posted:

Gonna use this thread to confess that I pre-ordered the special edition of SMTIV and then could not get into it at all. It's sitting on my shelf in the hopes that it will appreciate in value to whales at some point. I just did not enjoy the combat, and the prologue section sucked the joy out of it for me. I stare at it collecting dust sometimes, thinking how much I will never play it.

Same.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Can't they just give you the English version? Do you need the other languages or something? Has anyone ever said "Oh loving joy, I got the choice of reading this in loving Polish even though I live in Spain, thank you based localization team."

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i like smtiv enough that i'll be addicted to it for about a week but then i'll suddenly lose interest and drop it for a couple of months then pick it back up again and be like "yo this is pretty dope, not even gonna lie." anyway i haven't beaten it yet but i think i'm close? i don't think i've encountered any dick monsters though. welp that's my opinion on smtiv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

SunAndSpring posted:

Can't they just give you the English version? Do you need the other languages or something? Has anyone ever said "Oh loving joy, I got the choice of reading this in loving Polish even though I live in Spain, thank you based localization team."

Localization is good so the stupid poles who can't read english can still play your game. But it's not like there is any localization in the EU version of SMT IV, it's already just in english. Literally the US version. heh.

• Locked thread