Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Been looking forward to Fate stay/night for a year, so there's one at least to go along with Mushishi. I kind of wish I hadn't been so bored by Chaika and Log Horizon because that would make for a pretty packed season all told.

Grisaia is going to suck, you all know it to be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Man, the gundam guy sounds like an arsehole imo.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Terra Formars: Might be cool, watching the previews at least the super powers seem really neatly designed.

Gundam Build Fighters TRY: Okay so GBF was some of the best gundam in so long and the sequel is setting up to be more of that so I'm super stoked.

GUNDAM Reconguista in G: Crazy old grandpa Tomino says I won't like this, I doubt that's true.

Special mention:
I will probably be watching Log Horizon 2 because that first season had the dual honors of being "Somehow worse than Sword Art" and "an OP so bad that just saying the chorus makes me laugh to myself."

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Let's see..

Watching:

Fate/stay Night : I've only watched Fate/Zero and am curious to see how that ended up.

Inou-Battle: I've been hyped since the preview of the manga.

Watamote OVA

Gargantia OVA

Maybe:

Gugure! Kokkuri-san: It should be funny and one guy is a blatant ripoff of P3MC.

That one anime everyone says is cool that I don't watch until their funny moment mid season.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

the Tamako Market movie is being released on blu ray on October 10th. please get hype

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Super hyped: Chaika, Fate/SN
Hyped: Amagi, Grisaia, Psycho-Pass, Log Horizon
Interested: Magic Bullet, Lost Future
Willing to give a shot: Twintails, Parasyte, Racist Bug Manga, Inou battle, Gugure! Kokkuri-san
Gotta watch something trashy: Let's face it, half the poo poo I watch falls into this category.

Looks like it's another busy season for people with poo poo taste :toot:
Sorry backlog, you're not getting any love for a while.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Please don't suck, GBF Try.

Feel free to suck, Reconquista, but only if you do it AWESOMELY

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

As someone who doesn't keep up with currently airing anime often the fact that Jojo is getting put on hold for this season makes it the worst season.

I'm actually watching through KLK for the first time now but from what I gathered it's not really ok to discuss here?

Really though when Jojo goes on hold and I finish KLK I'm gonna be cancelling my crunchyroll sub for a while :/

KLK is better known as "The anime that shall not be named"

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

G-Reco and more Build Fighters alone already gets me hyped for this season, never mind the other billion sequels to shows I enjoyed. Looking forward to more Yowamushi Pedal since that was a fun sports anime. Also looking forward to more Log Horizon since that's the only "stuck in a MMO" anime that I've found to be watchable.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
As a minor public service announcement, there will be a "best of 2014" thread around Christmas, but I realized it might be harder than usual to pick 5 shows this year, because the list will include two incredibly good longtime runners that finally qualify: Space Brothers (ended in March) and Hunter x Hunter (ends this month).

The summer season is slowly growing sparse as shows finish up toward the end of September, so if you haven't checked out the stuff above yet, you might want to fill your newfound watching time with that.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Yes, finally: Build Fighters Try, G-Reco
Ok: Log Horizon 2, Psycho-Pass 2, Parasyte
I hope this works out: Nanatsu no Taizai, World Trigger, F/SN

Of course what's actually going to happen is I'll get 2-3 episodes in on everything then drop all of it until the end of season except Build Fighters and G-Reco. God drat I am looking forward to those so much.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
After reading its description, I'm really excited for April is A Lie. Musical dramas/romances are my weakness. Other than that, I'm also hyped for GBF Try, G-Reco, Log Horizon 2, and Mushishi. I had never watched a Gundam show before Gundam Build Fighters, but it got me hooked despite the fact that I don't really watch mecha anime. :shrug: Hopefuly Try is also super good.

Some of the OVAs coming out sound fun. I'm happy that Yamada and the Seven Witches is getting one; it's written by Yoshikawa Miki (same author as Yankee & Megane), and it's a heavily comedy-based romance that's pretty lighthearted.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
Gundam BF Try is going to blow chunks because G-Reco has all the good staff. Psycho-Pass S2 is also going to blow because it's Psycho-Pass.

Least Parasyte looks good I guess. Shame this is the start of the jojo drought.

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah its weird, I saw the show once, liked it, and don't really feel the need to watch it again. Though I'll check out the OVA and probably watch the dub when it somehow gets on Toonami (highly unlikely I know). I mean to be honest I got into the show like in episode 14 just on a whim and only looked back at the first 4 episodes so I probably will go back and watch the whole series start to finish.

So you saw the worst parts of the show and liked it anyway? You should really go back and at least watch the parts people actually liked.

Uznare fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Sep 3, 2014

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Uznare posted:

Gundam BF Try is going to blow chunks because G-Reco has all the good staff. Psycho-Pass S2 is also going to blow because it's Psycho-Pass.

Least Parasyte looks good I guess. Shame this is the start of the jojo drought.

So you saw the worst parts of the show and liked it anyway? You should really go back and at least watch the parts people actually liked.
Yeah I probably will, I think its because I watched more of the second half that I didn't really hate it as much due to not getting the tonal whiplash people got from watching it in the beginning.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Hell Yeah! Chaika
Fingers Crossed Fate Stay Night, Seven Deadly Sins.
Uh...Maybe? Amagi Park, World Trigger, Google It, other stuff with names I already forgot.

Most of the sequels are for stuff I didn't watch or like previously so this season is still up in the air for me. Lots of interesting OVA's though. Squid Girl, Yamada, Dfrag, Hayate, Zvezda, maaaaaaybe Kill la Kill if I feel like it ever.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
The only thing that I'm looking forward to on that list is Log Horizon season 2. The first one was fantastic, and I can't wait to see what happens next!

Bring on the

EDIT: Also, Yamada-kun and the 7 Panty Shots is getting an anime, while Yankee Kun & Megane Chan never did. This is an insult to the human race. :colbert:

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

EDIT: Also, Yamada-kun and the 7 Panty Shots is getting an anime, while Yankee Kun & Megane Chan never did. This is an insult to the human race. :colbert:

It's not exactly high entertainment or anything, but the thing that bugs me most about Yamada these days is that it basically ended, pulled a "but the story continues!" and then pretty much did nothing with it. Everything after the fake conclusion feels even more pointless then usual and I have to wonder if the author was pressured into keeping it going.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

The only thing that I'm looking forward to on that list is Log Horizon season 2. The first one was fantastic, and I can't wait to see what happens next!

Bring on the

I can't wait for the new OP of Log Horizon.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

100% likely to be awesome: Mushishi, Chaika, Parasyte

Promising: Go Google it, Inou-Battle, Yuuki Yuuna, Amagi Brilliant Park

Shows for my crippling moe habit: Denki Machi no Honya-san, ShiroBako, Sora no Method, Daitoshokan

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mind on my moe and moe on my mind

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

guess i need to watch Log Horizon?? maybe i will after i finish Shin Sekai Yori

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Is Mushi-shi, will watch: Mushi-shi
Ehhhhh: all else

Will wait for everyone else's opinions like usual.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Need to go back and watch Build Fighters someday.

Parasyte, G-Reco, Seven Deadly Sins, Mushishi, Terror Formars cause why not, and possibly some other stuff but I kinda doubt it. KLK was stupid and a blast from beginning to end, and while I prolly won't watch that whole show again anytime soon, I'll gladly accept more of it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
The only thing I have any faith in (continuations aside) is Parasyte.

It probably won't be clear if Psycho-Pass season 2 lives up to the original until the last episode airs, so that's a wait and marathon. I'll check out Fate/Stay Night because I want to show a friend Fate/Zero but they hate unhappy endings and unfinished business, and "DEEN Anime or VN" isn't going to cut it.

I don't really watch Gundam shows but "adults suck, politicians suck, sexism sucks, save the whales, death to voice actors" at least makes it sound like Tomino has something to say with this one, and I like shows with something to say.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Does Psycho Pass 2 look that promising? Actually, maybe I should ask if the conclusion to the first season had a satisfying ending? I ended up dropping the first season when the main detective lady continually was unable to look compentent in any fashion and the story seemed to shift its focus away from the investigations to some fated battle between one of the guys and a badguy.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Potsticker posted:

Does Psycho Pass 2 look that promising? Actually, maybe I should ask if the conclusion to the first season had a satisfying ending? I ended up dropping the first season when the main detective lady continually was unable to look compentent in any fashion and the story seemed to shift its focus away from the investigations to some fated battle between one of the guys and a badguy.

Akane is an excellent detective by the end of the season, among other things. That said I don't see why her "incompetence" was ever a problem to begin with given that she was dropped into the police force day one out of college in a society that goes out of its way to coddle people and not make them think too much.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Akane is an excellent detective by the end of the season, among other things. That said I don't see why her "incompetence" was ever a problem to begin with given that she was dropped into the police force day one out of college in a society that goes out of its way to coddle people and not make them think too much.

Because going to college and then having to be told how to do and perform the simplest aspecta of her job was too far outside the realm of believablity for me with the way it was presented.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nanatsu no Taizai will probably be worse than the manga, but hey, why not, it's the only thing I'm interested in here right now.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Potsticker posted:

Because going to college and then having to be told how to do and perform the simplest aspecta of her job was too far outside the realm of believablity for me with the way it was presented.

Then you either didn't watch enough of the show or weren't paying attention. :shobon:

Besides, "believability" is a lame-rear end complaint even when it does apply.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Potsticker posted:

Her job involves being exposed to and to some extent internalizing thoughts that her society views as contagion. Virtually no one who isn't actually doing that job would want to do anything remotely related to it because doing so sets you up to become a criminal. Good like finding teachers for that.

College doesn't actually teach job-related skills to any appreciable extent (except maybe for engineers) in the real world anyway, so that probably makes it more believable, not less.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
So if there was a theme for this season it seems like it would be: "Dispossessed princess seeks ragtag band of goofballs for fun, adventure, and maybe some light revenge"

Seriously there's like 4 or 5 shows (depending on how that cross ange thing goes) with pretty much the same basic premise. I guess vampires are out and princesses are in.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

EDIT: You know what, nevermind.

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 3, 2014

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The trouble with Akane and her competence in the first few episodes was that people assumed that her being dumped into the job with no training was a cop movie cliche exaggeration rather than being literally true.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
That Bahamut card game thing looks... surprisingly metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyalqGh5rvk

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The trouble with Akane and her competence in the first few episodes was that people assumed that her being dumped into the job with no training was a cop movie cliche exaggeration rather than being literally true.

Part of this is due to the "Forget what you learned at the academy, kid" line. In retrospect it's clear that that character was making a joke.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

That Bahamut card game thing looks... surprisingly metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyalqGh5rvk

Is that a wizard with a duck familiar? sold.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

A duck with a royal crown on it.

Well then. I guess I'll give this a shot

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
The crew behind it has some impressive credentials. I just hope it's faithful to the original gameplay and riveting plot.

Squidster fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 3, 2014

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Squidster posted:

The crew behind it has some impressive credentials.

This is the other MAPPA show this season (the Garo anime) are both complete sell out stuff but weirdly cool and promising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

So is Amagi Brilliant Park going to be Roller Coaster Tycoon: The Anime, or will it be a bunch of harem/magic/assorted anime bullshit and there is also a park in the background>

Aside from that, the only terribly interesting things this season for me are Psycho-Pass S2 and G-reco.

Come on, Tomino, this may be your last shot to kill all the characters we care about in the last 5 episodes. Go out with a bang, you crazy dreamer.

• Locked thread