Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Shortest Path posted:

I don't get it either, still find it funny because it pisses off dumb people.

Get what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

corn in the bible posted:

a pizza....lawyer?? lol how wacky

pizza lawyer, corn in the bible, coke... in the bottle

what's the difference

Dec 26, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I read this chatlog.

i bet he's glad someone did

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

There's a nonzero chance that EQNext will be pretty okay because it's at least trying to do some cool poo poo with unique magic items and procedural content generation but also it's SoE so I mean absolutely don't get hyped yet

FFXIV doesn't suck as far as MMOs go and the goons on FFXIV also don't suck as far as MMOgoons go

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Harrow posted:

There's a nonzero chance that EQNext will be pretty okay because it's at least trying to do some cool poo poo with unique magic items and procedural content generation but also it's SoE so I mean absolutely don't get hyped yet

FFXIV doesn't suck as far as MMOs go and the goons on FFXIV also don't suck as far as MMOgoons go

ask people who were around during launch about space invader

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Pomp posted:

ask people who were around during launch about space invader

were you around during launch?

what about space invader?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

were you around during launch?

what about space invader?

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
space invader was craaaaaaazy

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Galaga was better

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

space invader was craaaaaaazy

I legit stopped going on the ffgoon mumble because of them.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Harrow posted:

is it going to cost money and/or be graphically demanding?

Dec 26, 2012

QQmore posted:

I legit stopped going on the ffgoon mumble because of them.

come on dudes spit it out

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
She is/was a literal psychopath who was harmless at first, and just kind of talked about loving her girlfriend way too much. Sometime after I stopped playing, there was a load of drama I missed and don't know the details of that ended getting her kicked. I do know that she continues to stalk and harass at least two other women from the guild on facebook and reddit, and ended up creeping on an IRL friend of mine.

We aren't kidding when we say she's intensely, literally crazy.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

Think it's supposed to be free or buy with no sub but not 100% sure, and graphically they're going for a simplified, colorful aesthetic. Probably will be pretty demanding, though, because apparently all of the terrain will be destructible and there'll be procedurally generated cave systems and poo poo that you can dig/accidentally blast your way into.

Pomp posted:

She is/was a literal psychopath who was harmless at first, and just kind of talked about loving her girlfriend way too much. Sometime after I stopped playing, there was a load of drama I missed and don't know the details of that ended getting her kicked. I do know that she continues to stalk and harass at least two other women from the guild on facebook and reddit, and ended up creeping on an IRL friend of mine.

We aren't kidding when we say she's intensely, literally crazy.

Well gently caress, glad I missed that

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

NecroMonster posted:

SOE "futureproofs" their games by making them only run well on hardware that they got from 8 years in the future so I'd wager it's going to be demanding

I think that it's f2p but I am not sure where I heard that

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
i just learned that big post of dodgy mentioned me i should probably go read it

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Granted they were helpful at times when someone needed help doing content but considering all the drama, not worth it. There was also a unironic/ironic reading of main forum threads on mumble that got out of hand.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

From what I've heard, Space Invader was the reason that Chairman put a disclaimer on the Mumble saying that you can no longer record from it. I think it had something to do with the psychotic stalking and doxxing going on. Everyone who played the game during it is really hush hush whenever I ask about it in gchat

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
i was in space invader's raid group and im pretty much done with raiding now thanks for the wild ride mmo genre

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rexicon1 posted:

From what I've heard, Space Invader was the reason that Chairman put a disclaimer on the Mumble saying that you can no longer record from it. I think it had something to do with the psychotic stalking and doxxing going on. Everyone who played the game during it is really hush hush whenever I ask about it in gchat

It's like tumbling down the rabbit whole with SA MMOs. You hear one thing, thinking it can't be topped, then literally the next thing you learn depth charges that expectation. Amazing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

If you don't tell us we are gonna get upset

IDK anything about his LoL meltdown but he freaked out in the PoE irc and got banned. He cried about being banned in a PM saying he only got banned cus he was right and that I was mad he called me an idiot. (He now thinks this is some autowin phrase and just randomly goes BUMBLING IDIOT to me)

http://pastebin.com/bz62V8jy

So he resets his IP like 50 times to avoid the ban claiming he 'wrote a bot' to change his IP when he apparently meltdown and got banned in the Marvel Heroes IRC. Keep in mind he's too stupid to figure out /ignore.

[7:10pm] <InventorOfTrees> and it was a bot, i wrote it to piss off a guy at #marvelheroes

So then after his ident is banned and he gets g-lined by ircops he starts impersonating himself/landlord/???/ and other PoE people.

http://pastebin.com/Cr7Heckm

Real Bongsnake joins later

http://pastebin.com/3xdvZDFG

Him pming me after getting banned on his 'hidden account'

http://pastebin.com/nF9fyFZK

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658727&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=35#post435221440

His post btw, talks about he's planning on joining the guild while in IRC he was bitching about RMTers in the guild. Then he backpedals and says he's not in the guild and got kicked out.

http://pastebin.com/WwRxBeqA

Then he started spamming me in game, keep in mind I've not said anything to him past the PM.

[9:01pm] <black_king_bar> When he says laugh he means him laughing alone btw
[5:32pm] <Kild> [8:14pm] <dbkk> i asked biohazard for a link of what he said in league chat and it was you bannng him for calling you out there too
[5:32pm] <black_king_bar> I never got a. Pm
[5:33pm] <black_king_bar> All I have is iot whining on grindr that you banned him and he got akilled from synirc
[5:34pm] <black_king_bar> For reference iot is gay
[4:52pm] <black_king_bar> What I don't understand is why he thinks crying to me will get him not glined for running proxy spambots

Then he evades some loving more and admits that he's Panda_Clue. And Panda_Clue is Gay Rumsfield (he tries to deny this to Kewpuh in the report shame thread and Kewpuh calls him out on it.)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3667112&pagenumber=18&perpage=40#post435444588

[4:24pm] <Rodent> direct him to iot
[4:24pm] <Rodent> and ask why he's getting his friends to pm a lot of people
[4:25pm] <panda_clue> wow
[4:25pm] <panda_clue> you guys sure are loving paranoid
[4:25pm] <panda_clue> im sitting right here

Now he randomly messages me try to 'troll' me or some poo poo.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

that's a really scrubby hide-out you got there guy real shameful

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

i was in space invader's raid group and im pretty much done with raiding now thanks for the wild ride mmo genre

for reference, EVERY SINGLE ANSWER I hear about space invader is hushed and enigmatic like this

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rexicon1 posted:

for reference, EVERY SINGLE ANSWER I hear about space invader is hushed and enigmatic like this

(7:08:05 PM) deadtear: k_corb: who is space invader and what's the drama there
(7:12:20 PM) k_corb: UH
(7:12:24 PM) k_corb: a mentally damaged person
(7:12:30 PM) k_corb: who was homeless and playing ffxiv
(7:12:54 PM) k_corb: she started accusing the ffgoons website owner of being family members with someone who raped her or something its really loving stupid
(7:13:35 PM) deadtear: anything else?
(7:13:44 PM) k_corb: uhhh
(7:13:49 PM) k_corb: anything else would be before i joined pbc

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

raiding is awful and tigol and furor should be shot for spreading it around everywhere like a loving disease

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:psyduck:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

NecroMonster posted:

raiding is awful and tigol and furor should be shot for spreading it around everywhere like a loving disease

furor was the most obnoxious motherfucker and I wouldn't be surprised to learn he had something to do with wildstar

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

i don't even know what is going on anymore

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
if u say space invaders 3 times she appears so gotta be careful

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

that's a really scrubby hide-out you got there guy real shameful

:(

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

poz my neg mmo

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
mmos are epic

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

koolkal posted:

if u say space invaders 3 times she appears so gotta be careful

Space invaders

Space invaders

Space invaders

Eat poo poo mofo I ain't scared:c00lbert:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

change this threads gold rating to purple

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Raiding with your pals kicks rear end.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
The only thing I know about space invader is that she would unironically say "kill all cis males" in guild chat, even after being warned not to, which she got kicked for at least once.

She would go on to get banned from SA for pretty much the same thing in the trans thread. Basically she's an unapologetic misandrist that tried to hide behind the banner of feminism until actual feminists called her out on her poo poo and kicked her to the curb.

That's all I know.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hoodrich posted:

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Hoodrich posted:

A Spider Covets