Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Something is happening in there. The water's become murky and strange. The corals periodically open and tightly close with no rhyme or reason. The fish are acting differently, at turns shy and aggressive. I have mangroves and the roots are growing explosively. Every morning they're noticeably bigger, every night looks larger and more robust, more filaments, stronger bark. It's almost visible to the naked eye.

The parameters look fine, but this hazy look isn't normal. Before I had an issue with the water turning green, now it's looking milky. When I change the water it doesn't clear. I have huge fronds of macroalgae growing in a thick forest. Something is moving around in there, but I can never quite catch what it is. Even the crab has changed his behavior. He used to stomp around but now he's more reserved, hiding under ledges, rubbing his claws together.

I think that worm used its final dying act to jizz black magic into your aquarium. Call an exorcist NOW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
this worm story has reallty caught my imagination OP

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

concerned mom posted:

Bugs turning in to other bugs blows my mind. How did that even come about. Was it like 2 bugs that accidentally evolved too close?

I'll have to check my Pokedex.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
the worms will slink out of the tank in a few nights and crawl up to sleeping up go in his ear and slowly grow inside his body for the next few years before getting like 80 feet in length and burrowing out his eyeballs.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
there's over nineteen miles of coiled worms in every human intestine

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
you should seriously probably separate all the creatures in your aquarium and see which is infected by the parasites.

Also clean out your filter system it seems like whatever is causing the coloring is probably inside that now.

Unless you want to lose hundreds of dollars in fish.

Stockholm
Apr 6, 2010
As long as that worm keeps it's tentacles off of Berg, because he is the best crab ever, hands down.

That aquarium is a nightclub and Berg is obv the bouncer. (There are even juggalos look at the juggalos)

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
The cloudy, milky looking water could be a bacterial bloom which is harmless and goes away in a couple of days or maybe your corals jizzed themselves idk

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

blondies lookin good

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."

concerned mom posted:

Bugs turning in to other bugs blows my mind. How did that even come about. Was it like 2 bugs that accidentally evolved too close?

Scientists think it's because of all the creatures that just randomly blow their load in the water to find eggs to fertilize.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I've experienced this before your aquarium is haunted. Have you looked for ghosts in there?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

hmm nice job excluding the worms... racist

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Where de worms?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Sweet new crew tag

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

a hole-y ghost posted:

hmm nice job excluding the worms... racist

redshirt posted:

Where de worms?

saving best for last

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Sweet new crew tag

lol

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
nigga you don't have no goddamn aquarium and the only worm you got is that little gummyworm in yo gatdamn pants. Stop perpetrating a falsehood on this forum my nigga.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Modern Day Hercules posted:

nigga you don't have no goddamn aquarium and the only worm you got is that little gummyworm in yo gatdamn pants. Stop perpetrating a falsehood on this forum my nigga.

starting to agree with this man's reasoning skills.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

probably gonna call assbergers crabs from now on, see how much i can obfuscate

but anyway assbergin is a lot like bein a crab real

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

lonesomedwarf posted:

i thin kit is from a movie

Oh. Sorry. I figured someone was pulling one of :nms:these out incorrectly.

Seriously, google image search guinea worms if you want to lose your appetite.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The crab is my favourite character.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bored posted:

Oh. Sorry. I figured someone was pulling one of :nms:these out incorrectly.

Seriously, google image search guinea worms if you want to lose your appetite.

gah nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
worm update: theres one under the sand but up against the glass and has sick articulated appendages on the ends it's gross as gently caress

also a real tiny new crab like 10 can fit on a dime

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
tiny crab was digging and caused an avalanche and is buried now should I dig him out??????

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

gently caress yea dude please liveblog it when this worm eats you

hp lovecraft poo poo for the 21st century

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
actually i'm looking and these crab things like to be under the sand there tiny but theres a lot

what the gently caress kinda bullshit crab lives underground these are mole crabs I think

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

has this guy taken any pictures yet

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
please see my "Recommend a Digital Microscope" thread.

These things are small but the closer I look the more I think they might not be crabs OR worms. I don't really know what i'm looking at here. Who ever heard of a worm with articulated limbs? Or a crab with a wormlike body? I need a good scope to see what i'm looking at.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

SniperWoreConverse posted:

please see my "Recommend a Digital Microscope" thread.

These things are small but the closer I look the more I think they might not be crabs OR worms. I don't really know what i'm looking at here. Who ever heard of a worm with articulated limbs? Or a crab with a wormlike body? I need a good scope to see what i'm looking at.

Relax OP you're just on the Von Braun and the Many are making you hallucinate this entire forum. Be careful of S.H.O.D.A.N. though she's a bitch.

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

Davincie posted:

has this guy taken any pictures yet

don't you understand it's impossible

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

if you try to look straight at it you find your eyes somehow repelled, they slide straight across and away, like the positive ends of two magnets

Stockholm
Apr 6, 2010
Did you fish one out already

Because you really should. Just to see what it does.

Stockholm
Apr 6, 2010
Oh oh fish one out and scan it.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
OK, this is a breakdown of what is known and unknown. Goon science please help.

Several months ago I set up this tank and ordered live rock rubble harvested from ocean somewhere around the southeast US. Also got cheap live rock chunks from unknown region
When I dumped the sand in I smoothed it so that it has a gentle slope from right to left. Got the live rock and plants and added it all in.
Got the animals posted above and put them in.

There was a algal bloom that turned the water green and opaque. I'm still getting it taken care of but basically I need to do more than normal water changes, it's getting to be ok now.

The plants grew huge it's like a jungle in there.

But now, the sand has been totally shifted around. Instead of one easy grade it's a series of ~3" hills and vallies. I can see that there are some somewhat large worms living in there, making burrows, hanging out. Regular rear end worms living regular rear end worm lives. But there are other things, in there that I can't figure out what the gently caress they are. I didn't put them in they must have came in with the rocks I dumped in. I don't know why i'm only noticing them recently

Qualities of the things:
  • White like sick underground grubs
  • have jointed legs like some disgusting underground grub, seriously they have this slightly greasy look to them even underwater
  • Have pincers like a small crab
  • are always very close to a large worm burrow and I can't tell if the body of the thing is crablike or wormlike, I thougt crab but it seems like the sets of legs repeat on for too far to be a crab
  • never was able to see the face of one
  • I was watching one just now and it receded away from the glass, but then the entire hill it was under swelled up and then settled back down, as if something much larger flexed and then relaxed
  • I've never seen more than one of these in the same hill

any ideas?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

it is obviously that horrible ten foot death worm that people posted earlier in this thread, and is going to get really loving big and mean and kick you off the lease and replace you with its girlfriend/boyfriend worm

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Stockholm posted:

Oh oh fish one out and eat it.

Stockholm
Apr 6, 2010
At least post pics of your setup. At least give us that.

Stockholm
Apr 6, 2010

I though about it but I don't want to feel responsible for OPs inevitable death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer
Dec 28, 2011

Can we get 'aquarium' in the title changed to 'bloodstream'? I can see where this is going and we don't want to misinform people.

• Locked thread