Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Funny enough, I've been keeping up with all 3! Guess which one is currently the worst despite being the closest to ending?

e: Seriously Naruto had a great world built around it and it all gets squandered for DBZ bullshit. gently caress Naruto, how could you do this to me
e2: Sorry if I go too into 'naruto is bad' territory, because there are really a lot of great ideas there, but since the story has basically payed off and I know exactly where this is all going it's very, very frustrating to me knowing how much time I invested in this series. The games are really good though.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I will say that the penpenultimate arc of Naruto (which is covered in Ultimate blahblahblah 3) is probably one of the better points in the series because it gives so many of the side characters a chance to shine. Naruto has a really exceptional gallery of side characters who just get put on the bench when it's time for Naruto to save everyone, and that's really what pisses me off about the series the most, save for the last few chapters from which I REALLY want to spoil the line that killed the series for me but out of respect will not.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Not getting specific, the upcoming conclusion of Naruto leaves me with a very conflicted feeling. I haven't liked the series in a while, and it feels like it's rushing towards an abrupt conclusion after being drawn out ludicrously for the last year. Yet I'm going to miss it somehow. There's always gonna be the memories of the fun I had with it when I was younger and the games that came from it.
RIP in peace naturo the comic book for shonen jump, why did I put up with 15 years of this crap

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Man, compared to literally every other Jonin Asuma was pretty terrible in hindsight, especially since he's the son of the man oft heralded the God of Ninja. Guy is a better melee fighter, Kakashi is Kakashi, and even Kurenai would probably win in a fight if they ever let her do anything other than get out-genjutsu'd by Itachi. Asuma had some neat things but nothing that really set him apart from most Chuunin.
The trench knives were cool though.

Oh also I just remember I watched the anime version of his fight with Hidan for the first time recently, and I guess he learned some bullshit in a filler arc that let him summon the Buddha to kind of bitch slap Hidan's scythe out of the air one time. It was hysterical because they tried to build it up as some big deal that he could do it but then it turns out it basically was used for nothing.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I don't know how to use chopsticks so I eat my ramen with a Narufork.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Was really hoping Orochimaru would be a boss fight and have his crazy snake form, considering he was the main villain before the timeskip.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I mean at least Tobi has some buildup in the manga. Like, Deidara comments that he's impressed that Tobi was able to take down the roaming 3-tailed-(I think crab or something) with a single technique, but we don't see what it is yet and are left just having to accept that it happened.

Also Sasuke survives the explosion by summoning Orochimaru's giant snake around him, sacrificing it for his own selfish needs. I don't think a summoning technique can just be used to teleport the user wherever, but it would cost money to model the giant snake or something.

This game's story mode is poo poo is what I'm saying. It fails to do Naruto, a garbage manga, justice, which is impressive if it weren't so stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
So, I'm not trying to say you guys aren't doing a good job with this LP, but I'm kind of sad that this is going on at all because every update is just a reminder that Naruto is a thing and that I'm never truly free. Like, in the time since Naruto ended my life has genuinely improved. I feel happier and I'm enjoying the things I loved in my youth again. I have confidence and respect for myself again. My skin is less pale and colors seem more vibrant. Daily tasks don't feel like chores that I just slog through to get to the end of the week only to repeat the cycle again immediately. And yet every time an update shows up on my Subscriptions page on youtube I'm like 'yeah ok' and click it.
Only 2 things have changed since November: My puppy got big enough to go places with me and Naruto ended. One of these was clearly a factor in the improvement of my life and mental health, but the funnier option is Naruto being over.

voted 5

• Locked thread