Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

EVERY season of SAO is terrible, JordanKai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Waruto, you say?

I'm not sorry.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

sirtommygunn posted:

Hinata would've been a much better character if that spine she grew in the chunin exams had actually stuck around.

Considering how she jumped in to help Naruto against AngstCorpse, I'd say it kind of did. I mean, she got her rear end kicked, but she was the only one who even tried after Naruto showed up.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

kvx687 posted:

That's the in-canon explanation. The actual reason is that Kishimoto cannot write a good female character to save his life. Hinata basically gets two good moments in the entire manga and is otherwise useless, Sakura has already been discussed, Ino and Tenten are even more useless than Hinata, and let's not even mention a certain redhead that I don't think shows up in this game.

Honestly, I think it makes sense to make sure that your magic healers aren't the ones getting stabbed with knives so they're capable of healing the ones that are.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Nihilarian posted:

Only one of those characters is a healer, as far as I know.

Yeah, I was just responding to the first line, not the post in general.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Shadow225 posted:

I'm curious how much of this the author had planned in the beginning.

Pretty much all of it, if you believe that. In the manga, back in like...chapter 7 or some other ridiculously early time, Sasuke is first giving us some tidbits of his backstory and he says something to the effect of "That day...why was he crying...?" about Itachi.

Ometeotl fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Neruz posted:

No that's pretty much accurate; the only genuinely good Uchiha who appears in the story is Itachi.

What about Itachi's friend who was said to have killed himself but I think was actually murdered by Danzo? Shisui, I think it was?

• Locked thread