Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
goddamn ps+ has no games i don't give a poo poo about your filler i didn't pay 30 bucks to get over 30 games in a year if 90% of the games are garbage that is hot and also filled with indies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
taint rea...oh

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

proteus is pretty neat and i thought fez was fun

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Shut off the part of your brain that has been conditioned to react with immediate disdain toward anything it deems "too hipster" and then enjoy the legit good gameplay many indies provide.

This post was entirely too serious so: fart turd poopbutt

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

velocity is cool, however goons sold it as metroid when it absolutely isn't

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Mach2 posted:

Shut off the part of your brain that has been conditioned to react with immediate disdain toward anything it deems "too hipster" and then enjoy the legit good gameplay many indies provide.

This post was entirely too serious so: fart turd poopbutt

most of the indie ports on vita are bad even if the game is good

bad fps, bad loading times, ui and graphics designed for big screens

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Cancel your subscription and only play proven good games from before the millenium bug

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

elf help book posted:

most of the indie ports on vita

We were talking about Vita? Oh. Well. Uh.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
oh i dunno i was thinking of my thread

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

this months ps+ is pretty bad hopefully next month will be better... lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

A DotA player that hates many videogames?

Oh my stars

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

VideoGames posted:

taint rea...oh

lol, you thought taint reaper would say something critical of sony

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Looke posted:

this months ps+ is pretty bad hopefully next month will be better... lol

yeah hoard is kinda cool i guess but as a ps3 player like, idk man, cool i guess?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i'm really tired of metroidvania indie games w/ retro graphics

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

of course its poo poo, why would they give away real games when they're in no danger of losing subscribers.

meanwhile xbox is giving away halo reach to 360 owners undercutting their own new console's upcoming classic halo launch because nobody has renewed their live account in months.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
this month the free game on 360 is monaco which is lame as poo poo. last month it was dishonored. i wish i'd gotten crackdown when it was free

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

stoutfish posted:

goddamn ps+ has no games i don't give a poo poo about your filler i didn't pay 30 bucks to get over 30 games in a year if 90% of the games are garbage that is hot and also filled with indies

yo sportsfriends loving owns I bought it before it went on ps+ and it is a good and cool game to play with your friends

super pole riders is very much my poo poo

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I like it because I can pretty much ignore all popular $15-$20 indie games because there's a good chance I'll get it free in a few months.

Now if sony really wanted to kick the ever loving poo poo out of microsoft's service they'd let us in on that Japanese program that put pretty much all psp games on ps plus.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 5, 2014

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Doctor Goat posted:

this month the free game on 360 is monaco which is lame as poo poo.

its Halo reach on the 16th.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Real hurthling! posted:

its Halo reach on the 16th.

gonna get gold prob then

where do you see the upcoming ones

edit: for once germany lucked out, instead of dead island a while back they got metro 2033

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 5, 2014

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Doctor Goat posted:

gonna get gold prob then

where do you see the upcoming ones

edit: for once germany lucked out, instead of dead island a while back they got metro 2033

googlin 360 gold september
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS594US594&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=360+gold+september

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
lol if you pay for ps+ instead of just using steam

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Cyra posted:

lol if you pay for ps+ instead of just using steam

i'm paying for gold now because it's 33% off on ebay right now and it will give me 24 free games

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
I got some good games on ps3 with ps+, it got me the new xcom and on vita I got disgaea 3 and that Sega racing game so it isn't all bad. But on ps4, I think the only free games i liked were trine 2 and the new strider.

and my phone keeps correcting racing to reading, a Sega reading game sounds like more fun than the last sonic game i played

rpowelll
May 13, 2014

I guess they can't routinely put A-tier stuff up for the PS4 because within like two months they'd exhaust its entire library. They've got to make their money on the five or so games worth owning for next gen consoles. Give it until the holiday season and maybe we'll start seeing stuff like TLOU: Remastered on there, 'til then enjoy Sportsfriends because it loving owns.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

rpowelll posted:

I guess they can't routinely put A-tier stuff up for the PS4 because within like two months they'd exhaust its entire library. They've got to make their money on the five or so games worth owning for next gen consoles. Give it until the holiday season and maybe we'll start seeing stuff like TLOU: Remastered on there, 'til then enjoy Sportsfriends because it loving owns.

You'll see launch titles that have flat sales like knack and rear end cred IV first.

TLOUR seems like a stretch until its a year old.

rpowelll
May 13, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

You'll see launch titles that have flat sales like knack and rear end cred IV first.

TLOUR seems like a stretch until its a year old.

True, hope you guys enjoy Killzone: Shadow Fall. Anyway it's going to be a while before we see third party AAA stuff on there like we did on the PS3.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

yeah I'm betting in November we see Knack and Killzone as a Christmas push

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
i got a year of plus for free and it makes me lol to think that people pay for this poo poo + think its a good deal

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
I scanned the ps+ free games for this month, and I cannot think of a scenario in which I would download and play any of them instead of doing something else with my time. Who makes these games. Who would buy these games.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

dragon's dogma: dark arisen alone costs more than the subscription cost did, and there's been few other good games in the last year too. i'm sorry you only got like $120 of good games for $30 op

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

playstation plus is generally a very good deal, but these have been a few disappointing months for it. that being said, if u have a ps4 velocity and sportsfriends are both very cool games and it's nice to get them for free.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

zen death robot posted:

Your mom is hot indie filled garbage op

jesus christ

mods?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it's actually good OP

Soral
May 30, 2009

stoutfish posted:

hey, op. you have made 13 pages worth of posts in the imp zone dota thread. that's 8% of all the posts in that thread as of this posting. welp, good luck with your garbage taste in video games. cya

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Soral posted:

hey, op. you have made 13 pages worth of posts in the imp zone dota thread. that's 8% of all the posts in that thread as of this posting. welp, good luck with your garbage taste in video games. cya

jfc i checked mine and i am now full of shame

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
cummmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Soral posted:

i'm gay

• Locked thread