Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Alchemist Bellamy (G. Bosconovich III The Excellent,) Portrait 3

A twice-displaced noble from somewhere nobody else has heard of he calls "Hungary," Bellamy barely subsists off of a diet of whatever animal happens to scurry by a box somewhere or another on the streets of Lagaard. His one ambition in life is to be a world-famous artist, but being as that isn't very helpful on adventuring, he deigned to give himself a skill that might give him some kind of livelihood and also become an alchemist. He still acts like he's the bee's knees despite his poor position. Incidentally, he absolutely did not give himself the name "The Excellent." It was bequeathed to him by his adopted second noble family from a similarly unknown place called "Russia," and any word otherwise is false and a damnable lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dr. Fetus posted:

While we do have a good number of people to start the guild, we still need a guild name. Unless you all want to stick with Odyssey. Landsknecht, Protector, and Troubadour are still open for the record. Oh and I guess Beast. Eh, for reference, here's the class portraits for that one.

Holy poo poo you can have a panda in your party in this game? That almost makes me want to revoke my submission. actually no it doesn't but it's still pretty sweet.

Our guild should be called HighFive.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Just use that exact description for the panda character, obviously.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I mean his username is even dancingbears, it's the obvious decision.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Wait, was there a Trauma Center cameo in EO4? It's the only one I've played and I didn't notice one.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Nick's Death Count: 4 (5)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

BlackPersona posted:

For people who don't know, the level cap is 70. For Etrian Odyssey 3 and beyond, you raise that cap by killing three super-bosses that've been a mainstay of the series since the first one: (Fire) Wyrm, (Ice) Drake, and (Thunder) Dragon. Each one would bump the level cap ten levels, to 99.

However, Etrian Odyssey 1 and 2 were extremely different. You had to reach level 70, then retire your character. You basically kick them out for an enhanced recruit that get some bonus stats at half the original level. And with the bonus of bumping that specific character's level cap up... by 1. And you have to do it repeatedly from 70 to 99. :shepicide:

...Pretty sure that's how it went, right? Might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was something along those lines.

What the gently caress? Who thought that was a good idea?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Nick Death Count: 6

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Nick Death Count: 8

Also, good to see the LP back.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

There's nothing creepier than getting caught on that thing's thread.

Watching it slowly shamble towards you while you're unable to move. :stonk:

And then completely slaughtering it because Imperials are beastly, yeah?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
You know what, you're right. Ken's died enough that he deserves his own death count. (And it turns out I probably made the same mistake Fedot did a few times. :downs:)

Nick vs. Ken: Deathmatch!

Nick's Deaths: 6

Ken's Deaths: 5

Times that Nick has done something Crazy Broken: 1 (jesus, Climax)

Times that Ken has done something Crazy Broken: 0

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Huh, I expected that guy to become a boss later. Oh well.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Maverick, Ling, and Gilbert.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Bellamy because I am biased. Ling because panda. Gilbert because I think he's funny.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Let's just leave Bellamy behind for the entire game actually

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Glazius posted:

So Climax is basically a Bayonetta finisher, then?

Nick's like a loving celebrity in this town.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Actually, get Etrian Odyssey 4 because it's better than Untold

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

thenightsshadow posted:

Aliara, Bellamy, and Maverick. Might as well vote for my favorite character.

Well don't leave us in the dark. :v:

I'm gonna toss a pity vote Ling's way.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dr Pepper posted:

What this tells me is that Bellamy is going to the post game. :getin:

I'm biased, so I agree with this post

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dr. Fetus posted:

There's also one in EO3's 4th Stratum, in floors 15 and 16.

And Persona Q's final floors!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dr Pepper posted:

:allears: For some reason this made me laugh too much.

We'll see if she's laughing when Bellamy solos the final boss. :colbert:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Theantero posted:

Pauline, Bellamy, Gilbert :getin:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Bellamy, I believe in you. :unsmith:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
If he played Untold, most of these people could be the exact same characters. :v: Bellamy, Gilbert, Aliara, Emilia, Aegis, Ken, Nick, Pauline, and Maverick are all straight up in EO1.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Bellamy and Aliara.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Bellamy is the most powerful. :smug:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
A fabulous, magical forest full of cute little woodland critters.

You know, like squirrels.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

quote:

Well this is troubling. We can't seem to progress at this time. We're missing the right side of the map, but like I pointed out, I've taken every teleporter possible. Can you figure out how we're supposed to move forward? Also, where is the sword now?

Heh, too easy. If this game has nocturnal FOEs, it's only natural that the day/night cycle would matter otherwise, too. The teleporter takes you to a different location when it's dark out.

Also, I'm guessing that the sword is literally right in front of you as you enter the first floor, like "where the guard was standing right at the beginning" in front of you.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
This is actually where my Strange Journey knowledge comes in handy; they're in the same engine, and though Etrian Odyssey did not have any non-static teleporters, Strange Journey's final dungeon featured a teleporter that only sent you to the proper place at the full moon, so non-static teleporters are something that's always reasonable to take into account once you get into obnoxious postgame.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Nakar posted:

This stratum also reminds me a lot of Sector Eridani in SJ. And gently caress Sector Eridani.

Yeah, speaking of teleporters! :shepface:

It even has an obnoxious healing gimmick with the Gorezards like Ouroboros. Now we can only hope that we don't have to kill the boss twice in a row to win.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Erm, I haven't read that Let's Play yet. Mind telling me the short version of why not?

There are no mapping tools in this game.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
The best way I can put is that Strange Journey is just a really annoying game

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Look, Alchemist kicked rear end in Untold, I'm not sorry for Bellamy. :colbert:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Etrian Odyssey 3- The Ocean's No Place For A Squirrel!

edit: barbeques and pecan piiiies oh my

Kinu Nishimura fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 14, 2015

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I only own 4 and Untold and have only owned those since the start of this LP, but this LP has changed my future playstyle of Untold 2, that being I'm taking Bellamy to endgame no matter how crippling it may be, awwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Hivac posted:

I've seen videos of parties with multiple Alchemists fighting Ur-Child.

(It was also using Fafnir :negative:)

story mode can eat a poo poo, i played untold 1 on classic... and didn't finish it (got to 29F though!!) and i will play untold 2 on classic :colbert:

• Locked thread