Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Are Alchemists good in classic Untold? I'm using a Troubadour and a Ronin for elemental damage right now so I don't know if I should switch to an Alchemist later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Aegis, Gilbert and Fedot.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Treasure: We lose a massive amount of TP.
Go for the treasure!

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Goddammit Nick

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Chaser party.
Emilia, Fedot and Bellamy

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

tithin posted:

I actually bought EO4 a while ago, and got up to... I think the end of the second overworld area where you're fighting some sort of .. queen ant? I want to say? who's just slaughtered a village of elves and kidnapped a human?

and I just absolutely couldn't kill her - I would bind her and heal through the damage, but eventually the binds stopped working and everyone would end up confused and kill each other. I was actually doing pretty well up to that point, so I was disappointed and stopped playing.
I know Leg Binds are a must in that fight, but Spotter (or whatever it's called) exists too.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Emilia, Bellamy and Gilbert.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Rangpur posted:

On that note... Ling, Bellamy, Frederick. I'm fine giving you a team that can easily defeat her with a little luck. The entertainment value for me comes from seeing how long it takes for your luck to kick in. The Labyrinth will judge your worthiness. :unsmigghh:
Remember that this is the same person who kept getting King Grimoires without even trying.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's all downhill from here: Let's Play Etrian Odyssey II

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I had to turn down the DS brightness because looking at five floors of nothing but eye-burning yellow was a torture.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Aegis, Bellamy, Nick

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Sel Nar posted:

Fedot, Nick, Aliara Considering what we started with, it might be interesting or fun to bring back the original team for the final push into the inner sanctum of the castle.
This.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Hivac posted:

If you're talking about 7th Dragon, the only similarity is that it has skill trees very close to EO1's.
The classes are even similar to EO. The Samurai class works with stances like the Ronin (it has 2 instead of 3), the Fighter has the Landsknecht's Chaser skills but only as two skills, one for arrows and one for elemental attacks. The Princess is ridiculous since they have Troubadour skills (including TP regen), Hexer skills (complete with skills that makes the enemy attack itself) and can use whips like a Dark Hunter. And of course, the dragons are this game FOEs.

The 2020 games even keep the random encounters but FOEs (+quest-only enemies) appearing on the field.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

There's two google docs with the translations for skills, enemies and quests. The last one just mentions where to go, what item you need and who you have to talk. Pretty useful.
Also, Hivac, what's your party?

SC Bracer posted:

Aren't those still in Japanese? Or are you just ignoring all the text? I really want to see how they justified bringing Miku into an RPG about dragons.
Warning, this is one heavy spoiler involving Miku. She's just a BGM option. That's it. Once you rescue her during a quest, you have the option to change the music into versions sung by her.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

who knows what they were thinking.
This applies to several things in the EO series. Even more so in EO2.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

The initial party better be Princess, Farmer, Ninja, Wildling and Arbalist :colbert:

Even if it was dropped, I liked that LP.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Now try it with a level 1 hexer with no equipment.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

How come Dirge only dealt 42 damage to the protector while it also dealt +63,000 damage to the gunner? Even with Riskshot defense penalty, the difference is quite big.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Mystery Option 3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Even on the archive, F.O.E!
This. Sometimes, you just have to go with the classics.

• Locked thread