Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Oh, sweet, Etrian Odyssey 2. 100%jesusfree got me into the first one, and theshim into the third one. I skipped over the second one after trying it out a bit. Wasn't my cup of tea. But looking forward to this!

Dr. Fetus posted:

I think one of the playable Medics in that game resembles Gabe?

Pictures for reference, definitely a similarity at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

For people who don't know, the level cap is 70. For Etrian Odyssey 3 and beyond, you raise that cap by killing three super-bosses that've been a mainstay of the series since the first one: (Fire) Wyrm, (Ice) Drake, and (Thunder) Dragon. Each one would bump the level cap ten levels, to 99.

However, Etrian Odyssey 1 and 2 were extremely different. You had to reach level 70, then retire your character. You basically kick them out for an enhanced recruit that get some bonus stats at half the original level. And with the bonus of bumping that specific character's level cap up... by 1. And you have to do it repeatedly from 70 to 99. :shepicide:

...Pretty sure that's how it went, right? Might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was something along those lines.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Aegis, Fedot, and Emilia

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Nofriendo Entertainment System > You forgot the Warp Wire again, didn't you? Let's Play Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard

The very few times I have played this, I embarrassingly forgot to bring it more times than I care to admit... Like I didn't even know what that Warp Wire stealing event was on the second floor until this LP, because I forgot it that often. :sweatdrop:

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Emilia, Bellamy, and Ken :black101:

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Did they change that with EO3? Because im pretty sure the shortcuts I unlock there stayed open.

It's been a while since I've played a new game on any of the Etrian Odyssey installments, but I feel like just saving the map data after a game over doesn't keep the shortcuts. Call it a gut memory, if anything, though, heh.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

I just remembered all the gimmicks used in the next Stratum. :suicide: Oh boy, that one's gonna be a slog. Not looking forward to that one at all. Why are the third Strata always the worst ones? Except for the first game I guess. And maybe the third game if you don't hate damage tiles WHICH ARE EVERYWHERE.

To be fair, Monarch March. SING! SING THROUGH THE SEARING PAIN!

Voting for Aegis to make a tie and throwing Maverick and Aliara a pity vote.

Edit: Last page had current standings, in case anyone'd miss it.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

I feel like Frederick, Gilbert, and Fedot need more screentime.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Fedot, Pauline, and Frederick

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

I think we need to see more of Emilia, so throwing in my other two votes for Bellamy and Gilbert.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

I think this is the only appropriate response to that update. Because holy geez that's really just so friggen dumb.

Sort of glad I skipped EO2 now! :v:

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Hivac posted:

Aliara, Ken, and Bellamy.

Dampen->Midareba is so loving strong you don't even know.

Bellmaker posted:

Quoting this because it's my vote and I love MURDER :black101:

What these lovely people said.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Three votes for whoever you want.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Ahahahaha. OK, now I'm really glad I skipped EO2. Like, more so than I was before. I can't even think about dealing with this post-game.

Use a different team. Who knows when we'll be using them, right? Might be their last time to shine, may as well let them go out with a bang!

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

...Untold's post-game teleport maze, I found genuinely enjoyable. 4's teleport maze, I brute-forced easily enough (then found out how you're supposed to solve it and thought it was brilliant). I don't even remember if 3 had one, but the closest equivalent I can remember, I'm fairly certain I had fun with, at least.

This just looks like a worse Eridanus, if that's even possible.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh yes, I guess now would be a good time to say that yes, I am planning another LP. What game, you ask?

You're going to get revenge on him for the Survivalist Solo Class Challenge he told you to do in Untold, aren't you...?

Looking forward to the LP! :)

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

...Dr. Fetus, I think you're having too much fun killing those new recruits... :roflolmao:

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

manny kaltz posted:

I've just started EO IV, and I'd like to emulate Dr. Fetus in drawing the paths of FOEs in the labryinths. My question is, how do I do that? I'm not sure how to get those lines within the squares (as opposed to marking the walls).

I'm fairly certain that he's editing them into his images. You can't specifically draw lines like that in any of the games, so the best way to do it is using the auto-walk indicators for EO3 onward, or memorizing in the case of EO1 or 2.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Option 3 has piqued my interest, but if I'm going to take a wild guess... going to take him on at night?

Aegis, Maverick, Nick, Ken, and Fedot for party composition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

...Wow. The quality difference between just this game and the next one is staggering. Hell, even the first game wasn't nearly this bad...

I also feel like you've just fulfilled the "Destroy Ur-Child" option even though that didn't win. Bless you, Dr. Fetus. :patriot:

• Locked thread