Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Oh I give up! I'll throw my vote in for Horrible

Kemix fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Sep 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Tuxedo Ted posted:

What, no Troubador entries?

Nobody wants to be the bard...

Also, Kemix, the Medic role got claimed already, better switch it up if you want to have your suggestion picked.

God drat it. Ah well, I guess she can be a bard or beast or something.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, War Magus wasn't really a good name for the class. From the name, I thought they were a version of elemental attackers or something. I think Witch Doctor would have been a far better name for them. Keeps the letter W for the first part of the name, and gets across the point they're supporters.

Update's coming later today, I just ran into a bit of a snag. :suicide:

I didn't know this event existed. That was a nasty surprise.

EDIT: Tomorrow, I underestimated how long this would take.

FOE! FOE! FOE! F! U! C! K! Y! O! U!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Ah, all the xp bars lined up identically in lockstep. Won't be long before sudden deaths and desperate victories send them all in disarray.

I always hate when that happens. At least everyone levels up at the same pace. Unlike a lot of OTHER RPGS that like to make character growth vary between classes/characters, even if they're the same loving level.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
WELP. Time to get that grave dug for Nick. I'm sure he had a long and painless li- BWAHAHAHAHA, who the hell am I kidding, he's gonna keep dying for our amusement!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
At the very least, level ups are static in the EO series as far as I know. So it's not like you lost some great Min/Max early game stats. And honestly, I don't think anyone's gonna blame you if you wind up doing a lot of save-states.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I do believe that Fedot, Nick and Ken should join Pauline and Bellamy

And as for Emilia and Aegis, I think that Fedot, Fredrik and Ken should join them.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
"Hey guys. Where's nick?"

"Oh he's there...and there...and there...he's pretty much everywhere."

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Maverick, Fedot, Aliara

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Dr. Fetus posted:

Updates may slow down since I'm probably gonna be playing The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth a lot.

Totally understand ya. NONONONO- gently caress! Why did I put that bomb down right there!? Aaand I'm dead.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

SSNeoman posted:

Does anyone like damage tiles? I mean be honest. They don't seem like a challenge they seem like a "gently caress you for exploring". Especially in something like Strange Journey.

Strange Journey was just a loving mess that tried too hard to be old-school and not give people enough resources to actually DEAL with it without hours of extensive grinding.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Aliara confirmed for god tier. Her allies know it. They piss their pants in terror just thinking of what she did to the lizard.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Aliara, Maverick and Gilbert

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Sounds good to me. Gilbert is still RNG king right now. I mean seriously.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
So don't use alchemists, got it.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Gilbert, Fedot and Bellamy

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Which present to give to her? The one that gets you the most useful reward, duh. This game is hard enough without people telling you to get the worst possible reward from quests.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I'm surprised Nick hasn't driven anyone to try and gouge their eyes out yet.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Ken, Nick, Pauline

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Arcade Rabbit posted:

The Moriyana's description is off, its still the one about the walking fish. And yeah, that last confirmation thing pisses me off and I'm super glad to hear its being fixed in the 2 remake after what, 5 games now? I think its in PQ as well so make that 6 games worth of misclicks and screw ups.

I can't properly tell you people how many times I accidentally hit Aigis' Orgia command when she was in the last slot. Oh god...the deaths I could have avoided...thank god I had the foresight to throw the first Dungeon Recarm Card onto my P3 MC. Almost always attacks first, barring an agility bind. Also has the best magic stat of the entire group. gently caress Teddie though, he was easily Overshadowed (pun, haha...oh god kill me now) by the MC with an Ice persona. Here, he's practically useless. Oh teddie...you annoy me so much...and yet you can't even be a good character to fight with. :negative:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Use the god drat bow! Pauline needs some way to contribute.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Rawkking posted:

Bring Pauline with the endgame bow, just for that mission :getin:

I don't second this. If the enemy is gonna be resistant to physical attacks, Pauline is a bad choice. So we'll just send Fedot to murder the monster.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Dr. Fetus posted:

A shame too, it had a good skillset, but the way the game was balanced made it so that there was no reason to use one. I still used one in my first playthrough since the blond female portrait is my second favorite class portrait in the series.

By the way.

You all created a monster. I hope you're proud of yourselves.

:gizz:

That is all

Kemix fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 9, 2015

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I like this change in the stoic old man. He seems to be having ulterior motives for climbing through the strata. The fact your guild is getting ever higher through the massive dungeon is seeming to put a damper on his plans.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Oh cass, we do this BECAUSE we love you!...and because we like to laugh at YOU once in a god drat while! Now then, Fedot is going to become a right mean bastard with that updated gun of his. Also been playing EO4 as of recent, started my game and got me a Landsknecht, Fortress, Sniper, Runemaster and a MEEEEDIIIIIC. Only about level 7 right now, thinking of making a Dancer and Nightstalker for later, maybe save the Nightstalker for AFTER I unlock the other classes...also I'm indeed a filthy casual, thinking of doing Normal when I do boss fights though.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Theantero posted:

You could divide the next vote into subgroups to deal with this issue. You know, make a set of frontliners, backliners, supports etc. and then pick the ones with the most votes from each.

Seriously. This. People WILL make your life a living hell if you let them. And seriously, a 'screw you guys, THIS is the party I'm using' will save you a lot of headaches later, I'm sure.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

tithin posted:

I'm sad the EO1 LP ended - maybe you could go back and do EO1 when you're finished? ;)

After he has a niiiiice long break from EO2. God knows he'll need it after this.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

FrickenMoron posted:

Bravely Default is such a bad game sadly, it really falls apart after a certain point.

Ugh. I gave up on the game when I hit the wall of the Behemoth boss in the boat thing that becomes your airship. I was probably under leveled or something but...after I learned about the whole 'twist' that pretty much FORCED you REPLAY THE GAME MULTIPLE loving TIMES for the 'good ending', that's when I quit. It's much better than some of Squeenix's games...but holy gently caress, that's padding in it's worst loving form.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
After the hell you went through to GET here... Gilbert, Belamy, Frederik

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I'm saying Lethal Lava Land as the next stratum.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I'mma be nice here and throw my votes to Fetus' Choicex3, I think he knows full well the horrors that the cherry blossoms will hide from us filthy casuals.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Etrian Odyssey: It'll shove a cheese grater up yer rear end as soon as you get complacent. Be ready for -everything-, even if you don't expect it.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Glazius posted:

Could you make thaty party work if you had, like, more bindings?

He'd probably need to curry the favor of the RNG a lot more though. Binds have a tendency to miss in my experience. When YOU'RE using them, of course.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Secrets. That is all. I also lost it at the picture of the computer being chucked out a window.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
DUDE! It's okay to make mistakes man, besides, you're four strata in. You are so close to the end of the game man. You should at LEAST try to finish up the main story.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

tithin posted:

No need to vote for a new party every few floors, this game loving hates that you exist, so don't give it any chances.

And I quote 'Atlus gets off on your tears'. Seriously man, switch teams up and NOT a team that will get raped by fuckin scorpions.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Dr. Fetus posted:

Voting will happen sometime after the current party reaches the 19th floor. Working on the update, no idea when it will be ready.

Guys, instead of letting our masochistic fetus choose his party...lets give him a half-way decent party this time around.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
*flips all the tables* Give. Bow. NOW.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
0_0...holy gently caress. WELP. Enjoy that bit of mess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Seriously Fetus, I see why you shouldn't unleash the most broken poo poo you can when you get back to the actual dungeon crawling. I don't think anyone will bitch if you just cart around SUPER Nick and REVENGE Aliara around for the rest of the game.

• Locked thread