Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

:siren:BREAKING - King K. Rool DLC CONFIRMED!!:siren:

Smash Bros 4 Multiplayer Goon Identifier Cheat Sheet

Alex = Moriatti
Andi = andipossess
Andrew = sword_man.gif
Azuu = pandaK
BarnaclJim = red plastic cup
bees = EverythingWasBees
Brightcoat = DoctorWhat
Burbo = the wildest rear end
Cian = Seshoho Cian
Colin = Gamwhiz1
Count = Countblanc WARNING ! ! ! DANGEROUS OPPONENT
Dakota = Funky Valentine
Dan = Flying Squirrel
Dee = ApeEscape
Digz = Austrian mook
Dillon = Endorph
Dinksage = Fauxgateau
Fangio = CodenameFANGIO (probably got the dumb rear end capitalization wrong on that one)
Fiance = Bicyclops
Frank = Dangerous Person
Gyra = Gyra_Solune
Harold = g0lbez
J (blonde hair) = Shinjobi
J (black hair) = Soral
Jack (blonde-ish hair) = Sudden Javelin
Jack (brown hair) = Kooriken
James = Level Slide
Joanie = Mach2
Joe = Beef Waifu
John (with glasses) = BlueDestiny
John (without glasses, green hat) = Chill Penguin
John (without glasses, blonde hair) = irlZaphod
Jose = bobnumerotres
Kelp = Kelp Plankton
Kevin = Gaffle
Kyle = mabels big day
Logan = Cake Attack
Marcelo = Olive Branch
Michelle = PantsBandit
Miles = Hat Thoughts
Mitch = TheKingOfSprings WARNING ! ! ! DANGEROUS OPPONENT
Mr. J = Suspicious Cook
Myka = Widestancer
Omar = Bluff Buster
OSG = OldSenileGuy
Peter = Bass Bottles
pizza beer = net cafe scandal
(yours truly :D)
qn = qnqnx
Rally = Reiley
Reverend = I am Reverend
Roman = romanowski
Rudo = Rudoku
Ryan = Not a Children
Sam = Inflammatory
Shawn = robot roll call
Supercar = Supercar Gautier
Vicente = Blackheart
Will = deadly_pudding
zdr = zendeathrobot
zoo fights = LOCUST FART HELL

LINKS
Official website
Everyone loves a wiki
Steam group

:mario: :megaman: :yoshi:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
This game looks cool. I'll probably buy this game.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I feel we didn't get enough time to properly discuss the latest leak

quote:

It's consistent with the latest roster leak

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
ROB is the only good character in the series

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

the wildest rear end posted:

I feel we didn't get enough time to properly discuss the latest leak

Yes, that's quite the leak here alright.

You can possibly even say I came to see it.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
So who is your favorite character?

Mine is Captain Falcon.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

After seeing Charizard's ahegao tech, he's my new favorite.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I hope if the Ice Climbers aren't a DLC then they can at least be an Assist Trophy so they can still be with their friends

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Any time the fandom for SSB gets annoying and makes me lose faith, I remember this. Every time I feel sad about anything, I remember this. It cheers me right back up.

Mega Man is in goddamn Super Smash Bros. It's amazing, even now it feels super-strong even though he was one of the first newcomers shown. I just can't goddamn wait to Smash some Bros with my main Man. The other Man is cool too, but this is the Man.

I just needed to point out how awesome Mega Man being in SSB4 is, because it's somewhat easy to forget when you're thinking of everything else that's also insanely awesome. But this, this stands at the very top. It is in a level beyond hype.

Now please, Sakurai, Proto Man alt. I'm already super-hyped but that'd make me...I dunno, rob a bank or something to get the money for a Wii U. Maybe.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You did ended the thread at the right time, it had a nice arc and a good ending where everyone realized we are each other's smash bros.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

In an effort to not have rehashed content I have written some new plots for this thread:

1. Gumshoe from Phoenix Wright should be in smash... but is he too big?
2. Discuss wavedashing in real life to shave seconds off your frantic sprint to the front of the line on release day
3. Photoshop Sakurai's face onto underwear model's bodies and give the thread what it wants

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
For some reason I thought this was coming out here in less than a week. Suddenly it seems so far away.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Please don't forget the most important leak.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I like Ike

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dunban posted:

I like Ike

Same

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Improbable Lobster posted:

ROB is the only good character in the series

My younger brother is going to cry tears of joy when he is officially confirmed. I don't know why but he loves that robot so much.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Internet Kraken posted:

My younger brother is going to cry tears of joy when he is officially confirmed. I don't know why but he loves that robot so much.

My little brother is the same way except with Jigglypuff.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Internet Kraken posted:

It is his Robotic Operating Buddy.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
And in the end we all learned a valuable lesson: Ridley is still too big.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

It is his Robotic Operating Buddy.

It's his deadly friend and he's craven' more time together.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Spatula City posted:

And in the end we all learned a valuable lesson: Ridley is still too big.

Maybe for you, I know I'm big enough for ridley :wink:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

R.O.B. is one of the few things that make me regret being too young for the age of the NES.

Are they worth picking up on Ebay? Can you like hook one up to a computer and make it dance or something?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Ridley's size isn't an issue when Captain Falcon is in the game.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

everythingWasBees posted:

R.O.B. is one of the few things that make me regret being too young for the age of the NES.

Are they worth picking up on Ebay? Can you like hook one up to a computer and make it dance or something?

Please explain how you think computers work

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxxvlZ1zFJ8

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

oddium posted:

Please explain how you think computers work

Well I imagine that you could write NES homebrew and use an adapter cable?
Like, that seems more than somewhat likely.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

*breaks down your door* OH poo poo, SON. ONE MORE MONTH TILL SMASH ON 3DS.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
So hype for this game, I'll be getting this day 1 and I can't remember the last time I got a game on its first day. Honestly Brawl might have been the most recent time I did so :v:

What do we know about connectivity/cooperation between the 3DS and WiiU versions? I've been building a case in my mind for getting a WiiU and if there's enough cool stuff the two versions can pair up to do, that might be enough to make me buy a console.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Wait that was an insult wasn't it. :(

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
i only want to smash 1 bro is that ok

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Monicro posted:

i only want to smash 1 bro is that ok

as long as that bro is GOD!!!!

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Well I imagine that you could write NES homebrew and use an adapter cable?
Like, that seems more than somewhat likely.

Gyromite had a test mode I believe, where you could make the screen flash to test his movements.

So all you'd really have to do is get the flash patterns for each one and replicate them in a video or whatever. Though you might need to use a CRT monitor for that.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

TVs Ian posted:

Gyromite had a test mode I believe, where you could make the screen flash to test his movements.

So all you'd really have to do is get the flash patterns for each one and replicate them in a video or whatever. Though you might need to use a CRT monitor for that.

Wait R.O.B.s react to the screen? :aaaaa:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
We are the real smash bros.

:cheers:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

ROB was actually a half-functional piece of poo poo like everything from the 80s and 90s but sometimes that technology comes back around a decade or two later, like the Genesis motion controller:

We're living in the future of Gaming

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

alcharagia posted:

as long as that bro is GOD!!!!

"If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be smashed." - Masahiro Sakurai

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

R.O.B. works like a battery-powered Zapper with a bunch of moving parts. He doesn't actually plug into the NES at all, he just runs on four AA batteries. You get him to look at the CRT TV, and during the game whenever you issue some command, the screen flashes and R.O.B.'s light gun eye sensors pick up the flash to do something. That something is to rotate left or right, move his arm base up or down, or close/open his arms to grab things.

Gyromite's entire setup is a bunch of spinning metal tops, some plastic things that hold all that stuff, a thing that spins the tops really fast (runs on one D battery) and a cradle that holds an NES controller (player 2 controller). During the game, you'd have to get R.O.B. to grab a top, move it to the spinner until it moves really fast, then grab the top again and place it on one of these levers that push the A or B button on the second controller to open and close doors in the game. After a while you just grab the player 2 controller and push the buttons yourself.

Gamwhiz1
Aug 15, 2012

This op sucks, otherguy post your thread tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

One day soon I will kill the Duck Hunt Dog

• Locked thread