Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Aww I wanted to pick Korea~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Confirming! I'm going to try my very best this game~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Rarity posted:

Confirming and posting to check if I'm a potato or not
I just played a game of LoL and there was a Rarity in it and I was like OMG it's Rarity~

Actual game words: I think Tao is doing another dethy style game maybe based on all the sort-of cop claims so far!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I didn't even notice Taste was in this game until now because he is a potato.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
<3 <3 <3

Hi Taste!

dota is too hard, I am bad.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

The Ninth Layer posted:

Role fishing ##vote yuming
I'm not role fishing-- I was in another game of Tao's that was setup to have a ton of various type cops.

The reactions to derp's ~wacky claim~ remind me of that game vv

CapitalistPig posted:

I don't think that is true.

CapitalistPig posted:

I don't believe you.
It reads like there really are multiple cops in this game.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

The Ninth Layer posted:

It reads like people didn't believe a jokephase claim. Keep fishing yuming.
I'm doing the opposite of fishing!!

Mills is joking!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mills posted:

Does it matter if they know about it? Let's just claim it so I can continue being lazy in thread.
Ha ha ha ha!

I really think this could be similar setup though~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I use two 10lb dumbells I'm super strong!!

Oh man I have been so busy so far this week, I am going to read what I missed now.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Rarity

I don't like her response to Magnus' vote.

Also, I'm a bit concerned about Mills. I have an off ~feeling~ about his posting.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I don't like Rarity's HA HA jokes brush off of Magnus' vote.

What I don't like about Mills' posting is the nature of his contributions-- defending me based on personality and posting a lot of noise.

I vote Rarity because I thought adding momentum to existing case would get more going here.

I'm going to sleep now.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

How is that any different from any other game he's ever played
idk something feels a bit different.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Tearshed has an avatar! Also here I am~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I look at votefinder and see the deadline is tonight and that Magnus is voting me :|

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Where I'm at.

Rarity's reads don't make a lot of sense to me because she sees all these things where I see nothing.

Case in point: calling kaschei's comment on Mags or Ninth bad. How is it scummy that kaschei would vote Ninth after Mags.

I was going to go with Mills' line of thinking and excuse Rarity for trying to make comments but this tilts so far into not-making-sense territory that I'm suspicious of it.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mills posted:

I'm just trying to stay off AIM and messaging programs at work this week because it's been busy. I've been having my agents contact you on my behalf.
Okkk if you say so here too :sparkles:

I have been crazy busy this week too. It's stressful!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Rarity posted:

Cause he just wants to lynch somebody and survive rather than lynch scum. I didn't think I needed to explain that.
I didn't realize this post was referring to the kaschei comment.

Again... I do not see where Rarity is getting this from.

kaschei's posting is vOv just whatever I don't have a read on it really but his preferences are at least novel which doesn't fit this comment.

The narrative she is assigning to kaschei's posting is so off base, again I remain suspicious of Rarity.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hi :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Ninth seems sincere, idk I have a ~good vibe~ about him.

re: my initial vote,

Rarity posted:

Hey guys I'm drunk. Magnus is dumb.

##vote Mills

Cause he's a dick.
I didn't like the way Rarity sidestepped the actual votes against her. Magnus was being content-ful and this comment brushed things off in joke-phase fashion.

Trying to keep things lol jokes is scummy.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm good with lynching yuming. Or anyone else really vOv
Upon further investigation, this is "that post" and now Rarity's comment makes much more sense.

I really don't like that Mills did not investigate this matter before :sparkles:ing his read about all this.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

uranus posted:

have you guys even played with magnus? even suggesting someone might be scum, let alone outright calling them and voting them is something a scum magnus never does. let alone on day 1!
This is the first post of derp's that I've noticed. It's very sideline-y and I don't like this kind of entrance.

HMMM I'm going to sleep soon but who to vote!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Mills talking me down about Rarity without actually noticing my point was lovely is the worst thing that's happened today.

Option (1) Mills is at the gym and cbf to read carefully.

Option (2) Mills is scum and cbf to form actual opinions.

I find the later more likely because I was obviously trying to work through the "bad post" comment and Mills didn't engage with it at all.

##vote Mills

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mills posted:

I have no idea how TNLs post is relevant here
I was completely misreading what Rarity said.

You comment she is ~always like this~ >> this assumes you at least engaged with the point I was making.

Fake opinions = scum.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Be nice.

The point I made wrt kaschei/Ninth, read the top of this page.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Rarity posted:

Cause he just wants to lynch somebody and survive rather than lynch scum. I didn't think I needed to explain that.
This about Taste?

Taste doesn't want to lynch anyone-- this comment, logically, does not apply to Taste at all.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Well now there is some content.

The fact Mills does not want to dig into it and would rather :sparkles: is damning, imo.

I am going to sleep.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mills posted:

##vote mills
How do you expect me to believe town you would rather vote yourself than to explain your thought processes?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CapitalistPig posted:

Check out this opportunistic poo poo
Do you think Mills slipped up? What did you find scummy about his earlier play?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mills posted:

I explained it and you're being annoyingly, if not deliberately, obtuse.

I can just go and join another game where you won't behave in such a way so this is easier than going around in circles. :shrug:
Or you can play this game which you signed up for.

I outlined my two options when I voted you, your behavior now is skewing me towards the latter.

If I'm wrong then take this as opportunity for a game with more vibrant reads. Pig is already doing something, let's see where that goes.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mills posted:

Maybe I only want you to think I'm giving up. :allears:
I am unamused.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CapitalistPig posted:

I don't like this mills yuming thing that's happening, are we just supposed to take your word for it?

I feel like mills is starting to seem scummy.

##vote mills

CapitalistPig posted:

Check out this opportunistic poo poo
I am trying to infer Pig's trajectory of opinion here but frankly it doesn't make any sense.

If he thinks Mills is scummy then calling out Opop for agreeing with him is nonsense.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mills posted:

Stop micro-managing the thread 20 minutes after your supposed bed time you scum
The game is actually interesting enough at this point to keep me awake.

I really do need to go to sleep now.

Instead of spending this time fussing at me you could've just read what I was referring to, it's not that complicated.

gn.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
This was an unvote on me, for the record.

Votecount for Day 1

Mills (5): The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, Rarity, Rarity, CapitalistPig, yuming, Opopanax, Mills, Little Mac
Tremendous Taste (2): uranus, Rarity
Magnus Gallant (2): wins32767, kaschei, kaschei, kaschei, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
yuming (1): uranus, The Ninth Layer, uranus, Rarity, Magnus Gallant, Rarity, Magnus Gallant
Lynch No One! (1): Tremendous Taste, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
kaschei (0): Mills, Mills
Rarity (0): Magnus Gallant, CapitalistPig, yuming, Mills, Magnus Gallant, CapitalistPig, Mills, yuming
Opopanax (0): Opopanax, Opopanax

Not Voting (2): Magnus Gallant, tearshed

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 10th, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 58 minutes.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Little Mac posted:

I'm bored. This Day 1 has been no fun and no lynches are the worst thing. This Mills/Yuming thing seems so fake but whatever.

##vote mills
Fake how? Why vote Mills over me if you think our exchange is fake?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote LM

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I feel like tearshed is town.

We're voting Mills? Hmmmm.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Kinda weird that Mac is alive.

I'm going to ##vote derp

His opinions follow the breeze of the thread. Also this still bothers me,

uranus posted:

have you guys even played with magnus? even suggesting someone might be scum, let alone outright calling them and voting them is something a scum magnus never does. let alone on day 1!
His D1 contributions were very on the edge of things, like he was just trying to contribute but not find scums.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Does anyone have any thoughts on my case on derp?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Rarity posted:

I don't like uranus leaving his vote on Taste like that but I feel like the rest of your case is a bit of a stretch. His comment about Magnus was fair.
Hmmm, you do not understand what I mean, I think.

It's not the raw comment on Magnus, it's the context in which derp made the comment. It was early on in the game and shooting down opinions then is just a way to look busy. Actual Town Players care about finding scum, so they'd go further than derp did there. Where in his posting do you see any genuine regard for town's win condition? All he has done is make a point to avoid contributing.

e.g.,

uranus posted:

remember that one time when yuming had a yao ming avatar. that was funny
That take on the game, is scummy.

The Magnus quote is an example of a point in the game where that attitude of derp's stood out to me beyond other players in the game.

• Locked thread