Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I'm three episodes in, I am really happy with it so far.

That poo poo with J-Roc's crew playing freeze dance had me laughing out loud. Also the hating on the Eagle flag :911:

"What the gently caress am I doing making hash coins for his business when I sould be making honey oil for my business?"

Egg Moron fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Just finished episode one and I have stars in my eyes. 8.5 set all of this up so perfectly.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

What is season 8.5?

Swearnet.com extra poo poo. The context of Col. Dancer is placed in sharper focus and you see how the boys pass time in the pen. It is seriously worth your money. The content overall on swearnet has been getting better and better recently, a lot of the older stuff is rough and oddly wooden but there are some gems. Liquor Stories with Jim Lahey, Playing Space with Bubbles, it's good poo poo.

Egg Moron fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 29, 2015

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

facebook jihad posted:

Julian screwing over Lahey was weird, but whatever..

I think that this is a time when we see how amorally ruthless Julian can be without Ricky and Bubbles to distract and soften him respectively. After Jim betrays The Boys at the end of season 8, effectively stealing the park out from under Jules' nose, both Julian and Ricky pledge oaths to themselves over torrents of swearwords that they will have revenge. in Season 8.5 we see Ricky confront the reality of revenge and its incompatibility with his looming role as extended family patriarch while Julian sees no such resolution. Julian is on the warpath in season 9, lone commando style, diving head first into the greasiest poo poo. In the end, Bubbles' critique of Julian's decision to tacitly allow Ricky to rain piss all over the park is accurate. Julian knows he needs to utterly destroy the New Sunnyvale in order to claim what he always wanted, control of the Old Sunnyvale and he accepts that there will be collateral damage. Julian manipulates Jim in season 9 much the same way Jim manipulated Julian in season 8. I think this is true though; by the time Julian convinces Jim to sign over the park, Jim had already completely destroyed himself.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

frenton posted:

Do you mean the character or the actor who played him? The actor's name is Barrie Dunn and Michael Jackson (aka Trevor) wrote a long thing years ago about how big of a douchebag he was. IIRC he was like a producer or showrunner of sorts and did lots of greasy poo poo like not paying actors he didn't particularity like more than scale, including Corey and Trevor. Michael Jackson had a huge list of complaints about the show and Barrie Dunn was somehow involved in nearly all of them. Basically, gently caress Ricky's dad.

Fuckin' way she goes, bub.

• Locked thread