Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Overall I think this season was better than seasons six and seven. Lahey was in exceptional form, as was Ricky. The season seemed a lot more explicitly sexual than it did in the past, which I don't know if I really cared for.

Still is a must watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

put a kettle on posted:

I think that this is a time when we see how amorally ruthless Julian can be without Ricky and Bubbles to distract and soften him respectively. After Jim betrays The Boys at the end of season 8, effectively stealing the park out from under Jules' nose, both Julian and Ricky pledge oaths to themselves over torrents of swearwords that they will have revenge. in Season 8.5 we see Ricky confront the reality of revenge and its incompatibility with his looming role as extended family patriarch while Julian sees no such resolution. Julian is on the warpath in season 9, lone commando style, diving head first into the greasiest poo poo. In the end, Bubbles' critique of Julian's decision to tacitly allow Ricky to rain piss all over the park is accurate. Julian knows he needs to utterly destroy the New Sunnyvale in order to claim what he always wanted, control of the Old Sunnyvale and he accepts that there will be collateral damage. Julian manipulates Jim in season 9 much the same way Jim manipulated Julian in season 8. I think this is true though; by the time Julian convinces Jim to sign over the park, Jim had already completely destroyed himself.

Ricky could pronounce like five of those words.

• Locked thread