Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Huh, using "Rose in Peril" in the trailer. Does the show normally use cues that old?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know what was edited from the original cut, but I thought the climax (from the peasant revolt against the robot knights to the duel between Robin and the Sheriff) felt a little haphazardly edited - I don't know if they cut stuff out or if what they filmed was a mess and that was the best they could salvage from it.

Edit: Based on this and The Crimson Horror, Gatiss might have finally found his strength in Who - silly stories where everybody just has a great time.

It was a scene where Robin cuts the Sherriff's head off, revealing him to be a Mechanical. Robin almost immediately throws the head back on because it's a bit too freaky.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Minuet in Hell. :v:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

I am reading a New Adventures novel. Ace just said "Cybershit". Oh dear.

Is this before or after Chris gets a blowjob in the back of a taxi? :v:

(The VNAs were weird)

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

The Crack in Time of the Doctor was definitely intended to be distinct from those from season 5 (basically the Time Lords finding the scarred over remains of the events of season 5 and using it to their own benefit) but I do think bringing it back in muddied the waters a bit, especially since they made the cardinal sin of showing the crack as what the Doctor saw in The God Complex, which was far better left to the viewer's imagination.

To be honest, that and Clara's plea to the Time Lords were some of the things that a decent script editor could've picked up and changed. I would've much liked it if Clara quoted the Doctor's "my real name is not the point" line from Name of the Doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Cleretic posted:

The thing I sort of like about how the Tardis Wiki works is that with its blending of everything into the same level of canon, it'll probably introduce you to some weird and obscure poo poo. It's not useful for just answering a simple question like 'what is a Rutan, and why is "Martha is a Rutan" a funny joke', but if you're just poking around it for fun you'll learn about some weird one-shot from the wilderness years, a decent idea buried in a Target book, or a funny little joke from a comic that you'd never have stumbled across otherwise. Doctor Who has one hell of an expanded universe, and the Tardis Wiki's complete lack of a hierarchy means that you're going to run headlong into some part of it.

And then there's the article about sex.

• Locked thread