Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
So a few days ago The_Doctor offered to send some of his old Doctor Who books to the first couple people who asked, and I shot him an email. I expected I would get one, maybe two books in the mail in a month's time or so, so imagine my surprise when I came home from work and one of the three packages I had had this in it.

So thanks a million! You truly are The_Doctor.

And that aside, I was thinking about something about work today regarding the Daleks in the Moffat era, specifically about that one quote from Moffat about the Daleks being the Doctor's most common enemy meaning that they're also his most defeated enemy. I think the Moffat Dalek episodes have been very good about not having a straight "Doctor defeats the Daleks" plot. It's usually set up so that the Daleks don't win, but they aren't actually defeated.

They arguably win in Victory of the Daleks (it's even in the title) in that they start the new Dalek race. In Asylum, the Doctor doesn't really do anything bad to them, aside from wiping himself from their memory. They get rid of their embarrassment and the Doctor doesn't get exterminated. And in Into the Dalek, a single Dalek gets taken out after concentrated laser fire, but the other Daleks are taken out accidentally in a way the Doctor didn't expect.

I think it's a good way to maintain some sense of danger from the Daleks if they're legally required to be in every season, if that's really true. They're still around, but they're not getting beaten all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

FreezingInferno posted:

I can only think of one way to remember Jane Baker.

Unfortunately it's this Open Air segment in which the Doctor Who Appreciation Society put her and Pip on blast for Trial Of A Time Lord not making any sense.

Ah, 1986.

It was mentioned last time this video was brought up, but the "Chris" complaining about Bonnie Langford is no less than Chris Chibnail.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Jerusalem posted:

When that loving dog follows up on the Doctor's suggestion I lost it :allears:

Tom Baker gives one of my favorite lines of all time in, Trail of the White Wyrm, I think.

Upon meeting two people breaking and entering: "Hul-lo! Is is a private burglary, or can anyone join in?"

• Locked thread