Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I just don't want go through pages of 'your obviously not a real fan' 'your opinion sucks' 'you don't know what your talking about' 'I actually really hate him too but im so biased I will convince myself hes loving great' type arguments. I don't like him, he doesn't work for me, surely this is enough.

Im so sorry Whovians but you do have to admit that Capaldi is a bit poo poo.

Why? If you can't explain why you dislike him, what compels me to agree with your "argument"? :rolleyes:

I like Capaldi quite a bit, and if you can't be arsed to explain why I shouldn't, your just stomping your feet and saying "I don't like him and you shouldn't either" is stupid at best, trollish at worst.

e:sp

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I don't want you to agree with my argument, im just telling you how I feel. If you enjoy Capaldis Doctor then that's brilliant. You obviously have seen something in him that I have yet to see and wish I could. I don't want you to change your opinion, im just telling you mine.

Which I had no problem with until you said...

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Im so sorry Whovians but you do have to admit that Capaldi is a bit poo poo.

Because I don't have to admit that. At all. Because I don't agree with it. At all. :colbert:

And telling me that I do is as annoying to me as anyone else would be telling you how to feel. So if you want to vent about not liking Twelve as played by Peter Capaldi? Cool. Not everyone's going to like everything. I get that. But don't presume to tell me that your opinion reflects some kind of universal truth that the rest of us are compelled to agree with.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Im so sorry your so thin skinned.

I'm sorry you can't articulate. :shrug:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Jurgan posted:

I won't say there are no exceptions, but I generally think a mystery shouldn't run for more than one season. The Cracks in Time went on for way too long.

But it went exactly one season. We found out about them in The Eleventh Hour and they were resolved in The Big Bang.

• Locked thread