Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Rat Flavoured Rats posted:

Just as a fun thought experiment, I was wondering what Old Who stories people would like to see remade for a New Series Doctor (and which one)? I ask because I had a pretty intense and weird dream which revolved around the production of a new version of Earthshock featuring the 11th Doctor and... Mickey, presumably in the Adric role.

More seriously, I'd love to see 9, 11 or 12 in a remake of Enemy of the World. I love the conceit of having the actor play the villain, too.

11 seems to do best in the "dark 'n' spooky" stories, so I'd imagine he'd fit right at home in something like "Horror of Fang Rock".

I also wouldn't argue with a pretty much shot-for-shot remake of "Spearhead From Space" with 12 either.

Edit: I was avoiding this thread since I wasn't going to get to watch the episode over the weekend, but thanks so much to The_Doctor for the :krad: haul!

Also holy poo poo check out late 80s hip hop cybermen here:

Tim Burns Effect fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Oh man please post a closeup of the :krad: chrome cover.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

The following is an addendum to my immediately-previous post:

So I just listened to Deadline. I dunno how I'd put that off for so long. And I have some thoughts.

Robert Shearman, you utter BASTARD!

why would you do this to me

i thought we were friends

you follow me on Tumblr

we've shook hands

and then you turn around, travel back 11 years, and write Deadline!?

stop being so good, Rob. It's killing me, like radiation sickness. And I haven't got the appropriate gloves.

In all seriousness, Deadline is really super incredibly amazingly loving good and you should all listen to it immediately and unspoiled.

now listen to some 4th doctor adventures to lighten the mood

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

CobiWann posted:

Of which Season 1 with Leela and Season 2 with Fred (I) is on sale over the weekend to celebrate Tom Baker's birthday!

That news post just made me notice that they don't adjust for exchange rates, because it says they're £6.29 each but they're also listed as $6.29 for me.
Soooo Americans basically get half-price audios? I can live with that.

Edit: if you haven't listened to any of these yet and are looking for just one to try out, I would suggest The Renaissance Man. Destination: Nerva was decent-yet-forgettable but I genuinely laughed out loud several times during Renaissance Man.

Tim Burns Effect fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Sep 12, 2014

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Trin Tragula posted:

Shakespeare Code, then Gridlock.

The Beast Below appears to have sunk without trace (which disappoints me), as has The Curse of the Black Spot (which doesn't).

This right here, this is the only revival episode I've skipped. I just watched the first few minutes and went "Mmmmm no."

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

You missed some really good stuff and were probably very confused when a pirate showed up with a spaceship later on.

I saw the "NEXT TIME..." bump at the end of the previous episode so when they showed up later in the series I was just like "oh that musta been them pirates what was from that episode i done skipped"

Apart from "they was pirates" I didn't really miss anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

A little ways into the "Philip Hinchcliffe Presents" box set and apparently Big Finish's throwback to the Hinchcliffe era includes the casual racism

• Locked thread