Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I dunno why, but that felt like a lost David Tennant episode with Capaldi swapped in. I liked it more than I was anticipating, loving the Sherrif and the robots that looked remarkably old series one they revealed their faces. I could have done without the Spoon bit, but Capaldi did his best to sell it.

I'm 100% certain he was flipping off the fact that he had to act out a scene where he fights Robin Hood with a spoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It's perfectly fine to say "I don't like him" but "you have to admit he's poo poo" is just asking for a bickerfest.

Noxville posted:

I guess I hate fun because I thought this was absolute bobbins. At least Ben Miller was enjoying himself.

I liked Capaldi in the first couple of episodes but he was unbelievably one-note 'grumpy old man' here.
Oh it's bobbins all right, but I thought it was very fun bobbins. I loved the Doctor's attitude all the way through of not believing this poo poo for a second, and his glee when the knights in armour turned out to be robots- "now we're getting somewhere!" Shooting the spaceship with a golden arrow to make it fly better was really dumb but then this season opened with a dinosaur the size of Big Ben so this is just going to be the season of running with dumb poo poo I guess.

• Locked thread