Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BSam
Nov 24, 2012

CaptainYesterday posted:

If you expected someone to be ...

I wasn't expecting anything, you're thinking of that other thread mate.

BSam fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Sep 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

DJ Ramshackle posted:

Overall, Spare Parts was a brilliant introduction to Big Finish and audiobooks in general for me and I look forward to the next one. Just need to figure out which one...

Well don't worry, ending a post like that will get you all the suggestions.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

DJ Ramshackle posted:

then I'm going to try out some of the 50th anniversary stuff

I really enjoyed the first two of the 1963 stories, especially the beatles rip off, Fanfare for the Common Men.

The third seemed a decent enough McCoy story, but it just wasn't quite up there with the other two.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Why do you even watch this programme any more if you hate it so much

This bit in particular. It's not until reading the threads on this forum that you realise that those who love the show enough to want to know as much as possible about it and watch unfinished episode workprints and read the scripts before the episode even airs are also the ones who are the first to claim it's not good at all.

It's like raaayaain...

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD: MY MOM LISTENS TO BIG FINISH, WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE!?

Convince Occupation to listen to one, then we can talk.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

Ohohohohoho, my dear, dear BSam, it's only a matter of time... yes, a matter of time...

Full disclosure, I am currently listening to one (The bonus release "The Four Doctors" which is fun), but yeah, I'd love to see the day that Occ is such a Who fan that he will eagerly devour the Big Finish audios.

(Edit: The Four Doctors was quite good, if slightly "timey wimey" for want of a better word, but the final few minutes is brilliant when the doctors all interact briefly.)

BSam fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Sep 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

I should also clarify while recommending it that I'm only at the end of season 2 and it has six seasons; it's possible the quality declines, but knowing Big Finish, it's more likely that it has a lull at some point but continues to improve, for the most part.

This does indeed happen. Series 4 is the low point for me, but it gets better again once the next series starts.

• Locked thread