Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mewse
May 2, 2006

Seltzer posted:

So to confirm that's mcdonalds brand mayo?

Discount mcdonalds brand mayo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

My buddy and me said there's literally not a single way Overeem should lose to Rothwell, but we were also pretty vocal about the fact that - if he loses - it would be hilarious.
When Overeem got tagged early on, my heart stopped and I said "Not like this. Not against Ben Rothwell.", but he recovered a wee bit for a while, so we all were basically "Okay, that was a close call, but he should be fine now, he got a shot across the bow, now he's gonna take it seriously.".

Two things about that fight seem weird to me.

First was Overeem's new striking style, because he seems to have entirely gone to the Greg Jackson/Mike Winkeljohn thing. Maybe he can't do his "clinch and destroy guts" thing anymore now that he's cooling off his PED abuse and he's dropped 30 pounds of muscles, but it was odd to see him sliding around trying to maintain range with oblique kicks to the knee.

The second weird thing was how easily Rothwell overcame Overeem's defense. He just kept mummy-walking into handfighting range and throwing the uppercut. It was ridiculous. He was getting lit up a bit while he was doing it, but I guess he was confident he could absorb Overeem's strikes for as long as it took to find his jaw.

E:Oh hey I guess Ben got his arm broke by a body kick doing that? That changes my impression of the fight a bit. Maybe Overeem didn't realize how tough Rothwell is.

Schenck v. U.S. fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 6, 2014

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Greg Jackson posted:

Al Iaquinta had a good fight

Tateki Matsuda/Chris Beal was also a cool fight marred by horrendous gameplanning.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

EvanSchenck posted:

E:Oh hey I guess Ben got his arm broke by a body kick doing that? That changes my impression of the fight a bit. Maybe Overeem didn't realize how tough Rothwell is.

It seems like overeem underestimates every opponent

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Bigfoot KO was amazing on it's own but even sweeter after the complete disdain Overeem showed Bigfoot in the previous two rounds.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm watching this on Fight Pass right now. I love the hype up promo for this fight, especially knowing that Rothwell smokes him. It's some Rocky vs. Drago poo poo. It cuts between Rothwell training literal children at his own MMA gym and Overeem training in Jackson's autistic labs surrounded by top UFC fighters.

Also, this is all retrospect, but this makes me imagine Fedor Vs. Overeem being way more competitive than people thought it would (back when that was the b-league superfight everyone was clamouring for). That was around the era of peak Overeem hype and peak Fedor hate.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 6, 2014

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I want to take a moment to say how utterly appalling it is that you, Duzzy Funlop, and presumably your nation, puts mayonnaise on wings.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Man, Rothwell looked even fatter than usual.

Overeem always looks so crisp until he fucks up. It's kinda sad.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
Overeem needs to quit. I dont think i've ever seen him sucessfully recover from getting rocked....It's like he doesn't know what to do and just sits there getting pounded. I've always assumed its because he has no heart whatsoever, but maybe his body literally shuts down and he just glitches out.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

This is just missing Chael and Serra. God damnit.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

diesiel posted:

Overeem needs to quit. I dont think i've ever seen him sucessfully recover from getting rocked....It's like he doesn't know what to do and just sits there getting pounded. I've always assumed its because he has no heart whatsoever, but maybe his body literally shuts down and he just glitches out.

He skipped the HGH part of the regimen that would've helped him grow his chin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Well the Mcdonalds Mayonnaise Mystery has been solved, I think we're done here.

• Locked thread