Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
A beast slouches towards a sloppy right hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

PaganGoatPants posted:

Wtf hair is that Reem?

Continuing the theme of being a bigger, blacker Vitor Belfort.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Remember when PSP (or whatever we were back then) was riding high on Overeem and frothing at the mouth for his UFC signing back in 2010?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
That was a good fight. What impressed me about Jacare was his striking defence. Besides some good head movement, he also showed some reserve and caution in circumstances where other fighters would get caught. Specifically there was one moment where he leant forward into a punch and had Gegard a little wobbly, and Gegard replied with a counter hook that would have floored a lot of opponents, but Jacare had his head back and clear, even though his body was still forward and committed.

I'm not surprised he looked a little tired. That kind of stifling control takes energy. I was looking at the way Jacare was controlling Gegard's upper body in the clinch and thinking Jesus, that has to be tiring for even a good athlete.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
He gassed against Rockhold. By the end of the fight he was only throwing single strikes and moving fairly sluggishly. I don't remember it being a big deal in the Kennedy fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Meowbot posted:

whoa i never saw this ... what happened before those punches that caused him to tap? lmao

Overeem blew out his knee in that fight, very obviously. Arona jumped him as soon as it happened.

• Locked thread