Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really liked it because it was everything I liked about the show: goofy and stylish, funny, poorly animated with flashes of budget, extremely ridiculous and even more extremely inconsequential. Probably the best way to handle some dumbass bluray addon, by including a bunch of random bullshit for no reason and treating it as seriously as the plot of the main program was treated.

It was also cool to see that the scene where Senketsu summoned the scissors back into existence was a shot for shot remake of the scene where the Lance of Longinus is pulled back into orbit in Eva.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drutten
Mar 30, 2011
Kill la Kill is one of my favourite animes ever, but this felt a bit toothless (which is usually the case with add-on episodes) -- I think it was in how they introduced a new threat and beat it, all in the same episode, especially when nothing that was left after the finale could ever compare to Ragyo in twisted evil.

While it was a nice way to let the former bad guys atone for their evil acts in the most anime way possible, I would've liked it if they'd just switched genres entirely and made a bunch of vignettes depicting the characters' new everyday lives without super powers.

Still, a wonderful show all in all, and I hope Trigger can make their next one just as fun.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Did trigger make enough $ to justify a second season?

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Im going to watch it

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Im going to watch it

im probably not going to watch it

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Im going to watch it

Fair

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

im probably not going to watch it

Fair

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I watched it

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I liked Kill la Kill and I liked the Kill la Kill OVA.

I totally want a slice of life OVA though.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Fat_Cow posted:

I kind of hope not.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

There was very little nudity.

0/10

Bozatam
Jul 16, 2013

by Lowtax
There was blackface.

Really

After a whole season of being semi legit it suddenly went dragonball z

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
dragonball z is like the best anime though so

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I liked Kill la Kill and I liked the Kill la Kill OVA.

I totally want a slice of life OVA though.
Yes we need to know what happened after the credits of the last episode :argh:

Also I loved how Inumuta defeated himself

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Zzulu posted:

dragonball z is like the best anime though so
And black people love dbz, so I guess it's alright

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Was there any rape, and if so, was it tasteful?

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

Only of good taste.

EDIT: Actually it's pretty good all told. Imagine one of the sillier episodes of the show with certain callbacks to plot stuff, lots more visual gags, some bittersweet moments set to chill tunes, and a particularly crazy finale where lots of crazy poo poo people have been gossiping about wanting finally comes true. The OVA part of the deal seems reallll suspect up until like the very end, however.

P much, it's just another ep of the show, in feel and duration, and one of the better ones, I think. If you ever kinda liked KlK at any point, it's not gonna kill ya to sit down for twenty-two minutes and see for yourself.

Pootybutt fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 6, 2014

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

no, and only one transformation scene too. it's pretty creep-free as far as the rest of the show goes

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Pootybutt posted:

Only of good taste.

EDIT: Actually it's pretty good all told. Imagine one of the sillier episodes of the show with certain callbacks to plot stuff, lots more visual gags, some bittersweet moments set to chill tunes, and a particularly crazy finale where lots of crazy poo poo people have been gossiping about wanting finally comes true. The OVA part of the deal seems reallll suspect up until like the very end, however.

P much, it's just another ep of the show, in feel and duration, and one of the better ones, I think. If you ever kinda liked KlK at any point, it's not gonna kill ya to sit down for twenty-two minutes and see for yourself.
I'm glad they were able to find a way to cram all the musical motifs from throughout the show into it.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
It was fine.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pootybutt posted:

Only of good taste.

Agreed

Harettazetta posted:

It was fine.

Yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would love see some gifs of some of the sexier moments with big titys,

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea it was ok, I got to see a school get cut in half by a giant pair of scissors.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea it was ok, I got to see a school get cut in half by a giant pair of scissors.

Basically exactly what I wanted to write.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I'm watching KLK for the first time slowly. Still early on, like I think episode 6? I like it so far but I am pretty creeped out at times. I keep watching because the fights are cool and the style is good other than the dumb fanservice.

I keep hearing everything I dislike and like get worse though so I'm cautious about finishing this

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm watching KLK for the first time slowly. Still early on, like I think episode 6? I like it so far but I am pretty creeped out at times. I keep watching because the fights are cool and the style is good other than the dumb fanservice.

I keep hearing everything I dislike and like get worse though so I'm cautious about finishing this

if you're creeped out at ep 6, just drop it. it's not worth it to continue

rape cages lie on the path you've chosen

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

the writing gets really bad and boring for like the middle half, along with the jokes which they keep reusing over and over. there are two or three episodes where the evil mom molests satsuki and it's pretty much all shown on screen (yes it happens in more than one episode). the transformation scenes and outfits don't get much worse, and don't get much better

the thing is if you're just watching it on a dbz level you probably won't care about the writing going to poo poo, and the jokes depending on how funny you find the shows humor. you might want to just see what episodes have the molestomom scenes and skip them

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Sep 7, 2014

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

How many people lose their way?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ok yeah I am really glad I didn't convince my wife to watch this one with me

I was uncomfortable at the fact that the suit basically rapes her and forces itself on her naked body while she resists but for a couple of eps they seem to had gotten over that part of it and her and the suit are best bros and the suit tells a guy it'll beat him up for threatening her so it was alright. I guess they go from allegory straight to onscreen literal depictions of it by a family member thx anime in the year 2014

Man I would keep going but I think discussions about this are why you can't talk about this show in ADTRW

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
You can't spell ADTRW without DTR.

Looking back on the OVA though, it was one of the better episodes of KLK. I enjoyed it very much.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

You can't spell ADTRW without DTR.

Drawings To Replace?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Still no confirmation of makoxryuuko.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

beaner69 posted:

Still no confirmation of makoxryuuko.

It got better treatment than MakoxGamagoori.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Had they not had that 5 seconds of grabbing at her boobs everyone would love Sengetsu it was such an odd thing to need to throw in there.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok yeah I am really glad I didn't convince my wife to watch this one with me

I was uncomfortable at the fact that the suit basically rapes her and forces itself on her naked body while she resists but for a couple of eps they seem to had gotten over that part of it and her and the suit are best bros and the suit tells a guy it'll beat him up for threatening her so it was alright. I guess they go from allegory straight to onscreen literal depictions of it by a family member thx anime in the year 2014

Man I would keep going but I think discussions about this are why you can't talk about this show in ADTRW

It's tough because the show is definitely stupid and campy but by just pushing everything to the logical extreme the show loses it's charm by the end. It's the same problem I had with Gurren Lagann but instead of "well yeah that drill sure is bigger now" it was "well yeah everyone has less clothes now".

I still found it pretty funny throughout and I loved the style, not a great show overall. I'm excited about their output going forward but their next project looks like some real boring crap. When does Little Witch Academia 2 come out

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kill La Kill was a dumb show that was fun to watch while it was airing. and the OVA was nice because I got to see some characters I liked again.

If you think about the show too much you are not gonna like it, it's just some dumb flashy thing that has some stellar animation at times and decent jokes.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

When does Little Witch Academia 2 come out

They never really set an exact deadline, but the indication was sometime in 2015. Of course, KLK wasn't great profit wise for Trigger, so the studio is somewhat at risk given how small their war-chest probably is. Just because LWA2 was funded doesn't mean the LWA2 money is going to pay for the studio space etc. Whoooo knoooows.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I'm sure they'll get enough profit from Inferno Cop 2.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

What else is Trigger working on; that adaptation from some Light Novel

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Fat_Cow posted:

They said there will never be a second season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Can't wait for trigger to go crawling back to Gainax

• Locked thread