Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

And if you watched Kill la Kill past the first episode, surely you aren't offended by fanservice enough to care.

i'm so offended by fanservice that i watched it all in slow motion just to see how offended i should be (a lot)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

He died when the old thread did

maybe its another guy but there was one doing roughly the same thing in the gbs kill la kill thread that died a week or so ago and he kept having long giant post fights with another guy

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Davincie posted:

maybe its another guy but there was one doing roughly the same thing in the gbs kill la kill thread that died a week or so ago and he kept having long giant post fights with another guy

hbomberguy, he's a CD superstar by day

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I loved it! Looking forward to Trigger's next project!

wait no longer *vomits* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMscZqJCyqM

or did you mean this garbage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDhAgFXjGUU

ninja slater (retarded marketing aside) might be good but i am afraid it will be cg and therefore poo poo

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Relin posted:

ninja slater (retarded marketing aside) might be good but i am afraid it will be cg and therefore poo poo

nice, I cant wait to have sex with those cell phone advertisements

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

nice, I cant wait to have sex with those cell phone advertisements

IIRC they're targeted at teenage girls and were contracted by a teenage girls' video streaming site or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What is the URL for the website.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I guess the show makes a couple of good points about all the shameless fanservice stuff so I would like to believe it was well intentioned in some respect. I don't think subversion has to be an all or nothing affair, and you can appreciate well done bits while acknowledging the other problematic aspects of the show.

Also: rapemom. Aggressively unsettling is right, which is better than oblivious and plain gross rapey, but still gave me the chills watching that, and it didn't really add anything to the show except highlighting how creepy Ragyo is. Ughhh.

The OVA was cool.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
I thought she was hot, personally.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ragyo has enormous breasts. Cartoonishly large even.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Relin posted:

I'm ready for whatever this bullshit is.

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn this way xD

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

are they though

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I just started watching this and on top of all the creepy fanservice the big thing that's bugging me is the overuse of the same loving "badass song".

Every time "dohhnt loose your waaaaayyh" kicks in it's almost nauseating.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Get used to it because it's not going away.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
If you're already annoyed before like Nui shows up or so, i would drop it ASAP

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kin posted:

Don't Lose Your Way is dope as gently caress though because it's literally a song about her shirt and its relationship with her.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Do listen to Blumenkraz, though. It's really good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Don't Lose Your Way Rap Part is cool

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the song where she talks about taking revenge for her dad like 7 times is epic

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Kin posted:

I just started watching this and on top of all the creepy fanservice the big thing that's bugging me is the overuse of the same loving "badass song".

As a fellow person who got annoyed by it, I'm telling you: drop KLK. Drop it now. There's absolutely nothing good waiting for you, trust me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually keep watching it until you realize how good the song is

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
If you don't like "don't lose your way" you probably aren't going to like Kill la Kill

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Butt Ghost posted:

Do listen to Blumenkraz, though. It's really good.

Ah, yeah, i remember that song. I'm on episode 15 now and i can't remember when that song played but it was pretty good. I probably still think it's good because i haven't heard it a million times, unlike...

StandardVC10 posted:

If you don't like "don't lose your way" you probably aren't going to like Kill la Kill

This. You see i liked it at first, maybe up until about episode 3 or 5 or whenever. But then it's played on Every. Single. Thing. Hell, there's like 3 versions of it so far. One without lyrics, one that starts off all orchestral and another that's the normal one. Talk about running poo poo into the ground.

The person that recommended the show to me convinced me to watch it by saying it had an awesome soundtrack similar to TTGL. I can see where they're coming from but it's just so shallow compared to it.

I mean i know TTGL is like peak awesome anime, but i can think of like 4 different songs they used just for badass goodguy moments:
Sorairo Days
Omae no XXX de Ten wo Tsuke
Gattai nante Kusokurae
"Libera me" from hell

And none of these fill me with cringe every time i hear them (although the Yoko fanart for a lot of the youtube videos is a bit grating).

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Literally The Worst posted:

Don't Lose Your Way is dope as gently caress though because it's literally a song about her shirt and its relationship with her.

If nothing else, it's impressive that these people are able to take such ridiculous plots and concepts and play them SO GOD DAMNED EARNESTLY.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Actually it's good when musical cues tell me exactly how to feel and ESPECIALLY good when there's only a few of them

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Kin posted:

Ah, yeah, i remember that song. I'm on episode 15 now and i can't remember when that song played but it was pretty good. I probably still think it's good because i haven't heard it a million times, unlike...

This. You see i liked it at first, maybe up until about episode 3 or 5 or whenever. But then it's played on Every. Single. Thing. Hell, there's like 3 versions of it so far. One without lyrics, one that starts off all orchestral and another that's the normal one. Talk about running poo poo into the ground.

The person that recommended the show to me convinced me to watch it by saying it had an awesome soundtrack similar to TTGL. I can see where they're coming from but it's just so shallow compared to it.

I mean i know TTGL is like peak awesome anime, but i can think of like 4 different songs they used just for badass goodguy moments:
Sorairo Days
Omae no XXX de Ten wo Tsuke
Gattai nante Kusokurae
"Libera me" from hell

And none of these fill me with cringe every time i hear them (although the Yoko fanart for a lot of the youtube videos is a bit grating).
I will never hate the Elite 4 Battle music, it just sounds so triumphant and awesome.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Actually it's good when musical cues tell me exactly how to feel and ESPECIALLY good when there's only a few of them

Oh, come on, it's absolutely awesome when the battle music starts and the just abruptly grinds to a halt when something interrupts. (See: Episode 14)

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9UKUVMn-ig

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I ended up finishing the show and actually as dumb as it is having a specific song that shows up every time anything happens ever is pretty cool

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I ended up finishing the show and actually as dumb as it is having a specific song that shows up every time anything happens ever is pretty cool

Yeah

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

PiedPiper posted:

As a fellow person who got annoyed by it, I'm telling you: drop KLK. Drop it now. There's absolutely nothing good waiting for you, trust me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like to listen to it on my drive to work, and be inspired by the loud song about friendship.

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006

yeah

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

looks like you finally found your way

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 29, 2014

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

I never lost it in the first place.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
I need everyone to understand that I disapprove of big anIme titties and am not horny of them.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Hahaha whoops! Gotta be careful in... enemy territory... much like how Ryuoko has to be careful at the combat highschool....

vkeios
May 7, 2007

i liked this ova because it explains how satsuki got her hair cut. thats was a very important plot element that the show forgot to explain

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Someone once posted a mashup of Nonon's fight scene with Skrillex's Bangarang, months ago, in the now-defunct Kill la Kill thread. Would anyone happen to have saved it?

v- No, that wasn't it! -v

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD3ELimd5Zk

• Locked thread